Home
Posted By: Jericho Remington 700s at Walmart - 03/31/24
Just left Walmart and saw a Remington 700ADL synthetic 7RM for $389 with a cheap scope. Cheapest 700 I had seen in awhile
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/01/24
I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that it was an old stock 700, not a new Rem Arms one.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that it was an old stock 700, not a new Rem Arms one.
If the serial number starts with a RR it’s the last of Remington stock. If it starts with RA it’s Remarms.
Still a good buy.
Posted By: duke61 Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/01/24
Great buy, if nothing else re-barrel.
'
Smokin' deal.
That's about $200 less than what the RemArms ADLs are running.
When Walmart was closing out the 700's back several years ago, the 7mm Mags were always the last ones to sell. $389 was the price for that rifle/cheap scope package. The price is why I'm saying that it's one of those rifles, as the new ones are a lot higher, plus I don't think they offer that combo anymore. Louie is right about the serial number part, with RR being the old serial number prefix.

Reading this makes me wonder if there are any more of the Walmart 700's still hiding in some store. I know that when I was looking for some of the deals from 3-4 years ago, the store clerks would "surprisingly "find" them in the gun room that they claimed they didn't know were there. They closed some of those things out at $89. Don't know if they would still honor that closeout price, but it would be interesing to find out.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/01/24
Hell of a deal
3-4 years back, I bought 2 .308's for 249.99. In typical fashion, I received my NICS delay that I always do, typically takes 10-15 minutes to go through.

I stuck around a little while, but had to get going. Clerk called maybe a 1/2 hour later and told me I could pick them up. Informed him, it would have to be a couple days.

Long story longer, I go back to pick them up and the same guy was there. He stated "You'll be happy, the priced dropped". I was thinking 199.99, he told me 99.99. Was tickled, wish I had bought the other three that were available when I initially was in.

I flipped one for 400 something. Painted the stock on the one I kept and sold that for around a 100 on feebay. Picked up a Rem Ti take off stock pretty cheap, as the barrel channel had been a bit buggered up. Cleaned it up, re-bedded the barrel channel and action. Painted it, etc.

Literally in the rifle with scope/rings, decent stock for next to nothing. Took it to Africa last year and it did great.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/01/24
Originally Posted by duke61
Great buy, if nothing else re-barrel.

Well said!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/01/24

I dunno; what’s a donut cost these days?
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I dunno; what’s a donut cost these days?

If you buy a donut from one of those Yuppie type bakeries, they will probably set you back a lot more than a dollar.
I've still got a couple of 223s with 4-12 scopes I bought maybe 5 years ago for $249. Eventually they'll both be 7 twist remakes for my boys.

Bb
Posted By: Bugger Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/01/24
For about $500 that could be a 375 H&H - including everything.
Back when Brickseek was still working for walmart I picked up 2 3006 adl's for $99 each. Then a 223 for $109. Also got 2 Henry 22 lever for $139. They start to clearance firearms about August. I wish I would have picked up more. They had Savage Axis rifles in every cal for $89 each. You had to check each store as each store put certain rifles on clearance.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/02/24
Originally Posted by tomme boy
Back when Brickseek was still working for walmart I picked up 2 3006 adl's for $99 each. Then a 223 for $109. Also got 2 Henry 22 lever for $139. They start to clearance firearms about August. I wish I would have picked up more. They had Savage Axis rifles in every cal for $89 each. You had to check each store as each store put certain rifles on clearance.

Yeah, Brickseek quit and so did Walmart. I've been told that they stopped putting guns on clearance,
Never saw the deals mentioned here at our Walmart.
It might have something to do with how fast the store moves guns.
Or insider trading.

Did see Vanguards at super low prices in Cumberland once.
Didn't need another boat anchor.
Posted By: Sagewind Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/02/24
I was fortunate to find an $89 223 close out. Similar story, had it put back at $199 while waiting for the background check to clear. Walmart didn’t call when it cleared and I returned a week later to find the price had been cut during the delay. It was this dog’s day in the sun! Got it home, stripped it, bought a TriggerTech, added a 20 MOA rail, Arken rings, and a SWFA 10X scope. Later added a Boyd’s AT-One stock (for the Grandkids) and had it pillar bedded. It ain’t an $89 rifle anymore! Kept the receipt because no one would believe my story w/o it!
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/02/24
Originally Posted by tomme boy
I got a couple of those Savage Axis in 223 and 22-250 I think for $99. The real deal was a couple of Remington 11-87s in 12 and 20 for $125.
Posted By: aboltfan Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/03/24
Yep, bought one of the 20s. It's got 8 turkeys to it's credit. I had John_Boy paint the stock in woodland camo and gave it to my SIL this past Christmas.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/03/24
Went back today and actually handled the rifle, serial number started with RR. Employee told me it was the only Remington 700 they had in stock at the moment.
26 " barrel ?
Posted By: cas6969 Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/05/24
..."surprisingly "find" them in the gun room...

Walmart's are always a little hinky. I knew a feller who knew a feller... was the "manager" (or whatever) of the sporting goods department at a Wallyworld. These guys were in a hunt club, and many of the prizes they would raffle off each year at their annual dinner were bought cheap from Walmart. Heavily marked down stuff that got blown out because it just never sold. It just never sold because it was never put out on the floor, so no one could ever buy it. You know, no one bought these last two muzzle loaders, and why would they if there wasn't one on display?
Posted By: Jericho Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/05/24
I believe it was 24"
I bought a Wal-Mart special 700 package in 270Win about 10 years ago for $349. Replaced the crappy scope with a Vortex Diamondback 4-12. It is one of the most accurate big game rifles I’ve ever shot! This damn thing will shoot well under an inch with just about any load AND will shoot different loads into the same group! Just for kicks, I shot a 5 round group with 5 different 130gr. bullets with 55gr. IMR-4350 into 1.25”! Can’t complain one bit!!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Remington 700s at Walmart - 04/06/24
Originally Posted by elkcountry
I bought a Wal-Mart special 700 package in 270Win about 10 years ago for $349. Replaced the crappy scope with a Vortex Diamondback 4-12. It is one of the most accurate big game rifles I’ve ever shot! This damn thing will shoot well under an inch with just about any load AND will shoot different loads into the same group! Just for kicks, I shot a 5 round group with 5 different 130gr. bullets with 55gr. IMR-4350 into 1.25”! Can’t complain one bit!!

Having shot quite a few of the last 700's that were made, the RR serial numbered ones, I found that they were as a whole, more accurate than the earlier made ones. While there was undoubtably a drop-off in Remington quality in the last years of their operation, the accuracy potential of the rifles was better because of the closer tolerances that the newest machinery allowed them to make.
© 24hourcampfire