Home
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1040915611

I don’t think I have ever seen a flat bolt with standard bases. Wonder if this one was drilled and tapped. It’s got some screw plugs in the top of the barrel that I think I’ve seen on other Varmint models.
I wonder if the serial numbers on the bolt match the receiver?
Redfield made a base grooved to fit over the Ruger rib, fastened by drilling and tapping for screws.

Bruce
The base looks marked as Redfield , bcp.
I have a flat bolt varmint in the safe in 6mm REM. Took a look and it takes the regular Ruger rings but it is also tapped but only at the front not the rear. It’s tapped midway down the barrel with 2 plugs like this one also. Not sure why they tapped them this way.
You can see the scallops for Ruger rings under the edge of the base.
I also had a flat bolt in 22-250 at least 25 years ago. I was offered a McMillan stock for it at a reasonable price. Turns out the inletting for that flat bolt was different than subsequent SA Ruger 77s. McMillan said they never inletted for those older flat bolts.
Originally Posted by Futura
I have a flat bolt varmint in the safe in 6mm REM. Took a look and it takes the regular Ruger rings but it is also tapped but only at the front not the rear. It’s tapped midway down the barrel with 2 plugs like this one also. Not sure why they tapped them this way.
For unertl type bases and scope.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by horse1
You can see the scallops for Ruger rings under the edge of the base.
Yep! Someone D&T the rear receiver bridge to accept the Redfield base.
Good Guys is only a couple of miles from me. If you'd like me to check it out, I'd be happy to do so.
Probably a Redfield JR-77 base.
© 24hourcampfire