Home
Posted By: mowzer The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/09/07
Well, i did get this beauty as my pre divorce presnt to myself.

[Linked Image]

Good for you !
Posted By: BobinNH Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/10/07
NICE!Good luck with it.
Looks like a beauty.

About as fine a rifle as has ever been made.

_
Posted By: Ol` Joe Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/10/07
"Well, i did get this beauty as my pre divorce presnt to myself"

Don`t let the soon to be ex know or she`ll have it post divorce.

Sweet rifle............
Posted By: Jericho Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/10/07
What caliber is it Joe? I owned one in 250-3000 a few
years ago and sold it when money was tight.
Very VERY nice rifle! Few better.

Word of caution though, my now ex wife was looking at everything I posted at 24hrCF during our divorce processes. Be careful here. Good luck. Divorces SUCK big time.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/10/07
mowzer, good luck with the pending divorce.... I don't mean to sound selfish or anything... but how about hurrying up with a range report soon... you know, just in case shocked wink Looks like a classic shooter to me....
Originally Posted by safariman
Very VERY nice rifle! Few better.

Word of caution though, my now ex wife was looking at everything I posted at 24hrCF during our divorce processes. Be careful here. Good luck. Divorces SUCK big time.

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. They are scary creatures.
SHHHH... whistle If that is now community property, you may have to saw it in half. eek grin

I need one of those! shocked VERY NICE cool
Posted By: mowzer Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/10/07
Its so cool. I've been looking for one of these for quite a while. Its a classic for sure. Hope it shoots. I will supply full range report soon. Don't think it will go down as community property. But if it does go on the ledger, it will be worth whatever value they attche to it (as long as it aint more than Bluebook). Its has 1948 stamped on both sides of the bbl. Is that the serial number or the model number? there is another number on the bbl too but stamped on only one side.19XX.

The Paul Jaeger quick change scope rig is nice, just slides on and off with the move of a lever and the push of a button. It came with theat Leupy 2.5-8x mounted on it. It was 800 bucks, but I made a trade for it so no cash was involved. Wish i had another Paul jaeger quick mount base, then I could put it on another rifle and interchange at will. One quick change set up is not that useful, except for travel/transport. But another gun rigged up the same would be neat.
8X57?

7X57?

Mike
Oh, I'm sorry - is there any other cartridge but the trusty American classic 30-06? Of course it an 06! What else would i want a Mauser Supereme in? Okay, okay - yeah 7x57 would be great too.
Posted By: Rojelio Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/10/07
Mowzer, I think what you have there is an FN Deluxe. It should be a full "C" ring action and not the "H" ring like the Supreme.

Also, the Supreme has a trigger safety and hinged floorplate. Not the left side shroud safety and unhinged floorplate like the Deluxe.

Excellent find. I have a Deluxe in 270 Win. I beleive the Deluxes are a much better built gun than the Supremes (My opinion only). Don't get me wrong as I have several Supremes also, and I like them, too. You can't go wrong either way.

Congratulations, Rojelio
Posted By: RickyD Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/10/07
I love a nice Mauser! Very nice rifle. Enjoy!

Sorry to hear of your circumstances. Keep the rifle and any other new purchases on the down low or better yet just wait until all is final. If she's like most, any joy you have is what she'll want to steal from you and it ain't that hard with the legal system to steal joy. That 'ol Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, is about as true as it gets. Hell and women have quite a thing going on.
yeah, it doesnt have the trigger safety so it must be a deluxe.
Never had either before so i was just trying to figger it out as to which one I has and thought at first I had the Supreme. But youre right, it must be a deluxe. It was hard to figger cuz having had neither types, and it not being marked with the words "supreme" or "Delux" I couldnt tell. Just went from some not so great pix i saw. Either way I'm happy as a clam - especially now that you tell me the deluxe is better made than the supreme anyway.
Get in touch with Lee LeBas at www.learmes.com

He may just have that mount you need...for a price. wink

L2S

(BTW-at $800.00, you stole the gun)
Posted By: Yukoner Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/10/07
Originally Posted by luv2safari
(BTW-at $800.00, you stole the gun)

I'll say! My 270 is quite similar, but has several thousand miles on it, and you wouldn't get it for $800. smile

The floorplate release is actually very sensible. Never accidentally opens, and not hard to use at all, once you get used to it.

Ted
Posted By: mowzer Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/11/07
You got me scared now.....I better get to the range tomorrow.
I measured distance to the landds and loaded up some Win brass with WLR primers/54.5 grains of H4350/180gr NP's. backed the bullet off 10 thsndths - we will see.
Posted By: mlg Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/11/07
One sweet rifle!
mowzer,

You need something more modern...SELL ME YOUR ^&%##$$# FN!!! whistle It is far too old and may not be safe to shoot. wink I'm getting sweaty palms, just looking at the pix. laugh
Posted By: Cag Re: The new FN Supreme Mauser - 09/12/07
Mowzer,

I have one that's identical to yours. If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was mine. I'm going to need to check my cabinet when I get home to make sure mine is there.

Mines a 30-06 and is topped with a 3.5X10 Leupold vari X III, has similar stock with checkering and white spacers like yours. Mine's a shooter, I hope yours is as well!

Good luck with your situation, and best of luck with your new rifle.

Alfredo
© 24hourcampfire