Home
For me, it's the 284 win. My local shop has several boxes of win ammo in 284 and everytime I see it, I just can't resist the urge to build a rifle around that cartridge. If I had a donor win 70 action, I would do it but I am not buying any more and all of mine have barrels by douglas and shilen already.
56-50 Spencer...
.416RM... (drool,smack)
416 Taylor, and a 300H&H
223AI
.25-.284, or, .257 weatherby.
.375 H&H and/or .45-70
30-06
257 Roy
264 Win

Edited to read: Uh, major brain cramp... forgot about the 7X57!
blush
Amusing coincidence considering it's you that started the thread. I've had the itch for a .257 Roberts for a long time, but haven't done it yet. I also want to build a .250-3000 to start my kids off with. Sound familiar? First time I ever read one of your posts talking about exactly that, I laughed out loud.

In very recent days, the new Ruger offering in 338 intrigues me rather much. Given my hunting geography, though, it will keep until after the two .25 projects; i.e. a long time.

- Andy
338/06

I sure wish I'd grabbed one of the Weatherby Ultralights in that chambering before they dropped it. There arent many on the used market to find either. Must be a good reason for that.
I'm looking to replace the Wby UL 338-06 I used to have. Pretty nice rifle, but the barrel was just too whippy for that round.

Was all set to buy a Mkll in '06 as a donor when the 338 Fed hit the street. Aaaarrrgghh!!

Now the new 338 ReCtuM has come along..........God I hate decisions.

SOS
Want a Sako in 7mm STW in a baaaaad way.
.250 Sav, .257 Roberts or Weatherby, .264 WM, or .257 W'by. Though I'm temporarily content to be w/out any of the above. That mood could change @ any time.
In a Ruger #1 30-40 Krag, 7mmX57, 225 Winchester.

In a Win M70 - 300 H&H
A 7-08 that smacks crown royal boxes at 700 yards on the fourth shot. grin
Luck!
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Luck!

N O T
Weren't talking about me........
I just scratched the 257 wby itch for the second time, this one is a keeper. IT&D made it pretty easy and under $400 too.

They have done two 257 roberts for me this year as well and they all shoot good.

I have found that the less they kick, the more I shoot them just for fun.

I hope to shoot a deer with the 257 wby this year but so far, my kids have been killing all of the deer.
flnative, where do you hunt? I live in tallahassee and hunt in middle ga. I grew up in miami and hunted the everglades and big cypress. my dad is from a family of ten, 7 boys and most of them hunted. we still have a camp in the glades and big cypress but I don't get down that way much. with uncles and cousins, there could easily be fifteen or twenty of us at camp, all with the same last name. we had a great time.
Wouldn't mind .257bob, but probably a waste using along action.
agreed, I would go 25-06 if I had a long action (or 257 wby - you can start with a standard "270" bolt face and just open it up, no big deal, that's what I did).
Originally Posted by 257Bob
For me, it's the 284 win.

Me too!!

Add the .358 Winchester or .338 Federal to that.
In a Dakota short action...............grin
.375 Ruger
.308 Marlin
There are a few oldies that I'm interested in, put together for modern performance.

222 Rem (fast twist varmint weight)
250 Sav (light sporter)
6.5x55 Swede (LR precision)
7x57 Mauser (LR precision)
7x57 & 9.3x62
itchin' to turn my .270 Win into a .338/06 . Might just try to find me a Weatherby instead. Probably would be cheaper since I can't seem to go the economical route. Oh it starts economical.... but by the end seems to cost 3 times what I planned on and not sure I need another cash gobbler right now.
Just got my 300 Jarrett
working on 6mm-270 Winchester now
then 7MM STW
then 6.5 STW
then 7-08
last year built a 325 WSM and a 280 A.I.,300 WSM,25-06 A.I.
already have 22-250,270 WSM,25 WSSM,264 Win mag
THEN I'm through
I've been wanting a .260 for some time now. I'll probably wind up building one sometime in the next couple of years.
I just want a wood/blue .270Win. Probably a CZ550.
A 6mm06 , I am not sure why. But then again I don't need a why.

Mike
223AI, 257 Bob, 9.3X62
A 250-3000 and a 338-06 in a single shot rifle.

Doc
I've got most of what I really want now. But... there's always more:

.223 Rem
.22-250
.250-3000 Savage (in a 99)
An original 6.5x54 MS
7x57
9.3x62 OR .338-06 OR .35 Whelan

It's a good hobby isn't it? And even if I bought them all, it'd still be cheaper than golf...

Good shooting!
I have always wanted a 577 N.E. double.
I should take up golf!
.25 Copperhead

7-30 Waters in a Marlin 336 Stainless

.250 Savage in a Win model 70 featherweight.
378 Roy.
25-06
6.5-284
7-08 7 WSM or 284 Win.
I just filled the recent void with a Tikka T3 in .338 Federal!!!

Next might just have to be a Roy gun.......thinkin' about a .257!!!
I'm really partial to a lot of the European metrics. My current list reads something like this:

8x68S - Wanted to build this in gunsmithing school but was pressed for time so I had to go with Plan B. I have all of the components and even bought the reamer and head-space gauges so someday this will get built. (Had an instructor load up some ammo too.)

9.5x66 Vom Hofe - A super-powerful Euro .375 that can fit in a standard action. It's a big thumper that's non-belted - what's not to like?

11.2x72 Schuler - Everybody needs a Dangerous Game rifle at some point in their lives. This is my choice for that.

250 Savage AI
257 Roy
7-08
30-06

Wait I have these, grin don't want any other well maybe a 6MM AI, but then I'd be back to down sizing the the roy. wink This is a sickness!~ cycle? confused
I've a hankering for a 35 Remington, but other things keep getting ahead of it in line. I had Remington 760 in 35 Remington once that I sold before I shot it.
25-284 based on a Rem. 600 is in the works.

After that:

243AI to replace a stolen one

A5 based tactical 308.

223 AI way down the road.
6.5/378 Weatherby......just because, thats why!
Have a .257 Roberts and a 25-284. Have owned a passel of 25-06'es and a cupple .257 Weatherbys. Got an itch for a 250-3000, and a .358 Winchester. Both built on Ruger LSS Compacts (but with 18" barrels)
Wish my "financial advisor" understood my wishes better....
Virgil B.
Financial advisor = Wife.
250AI
338 Fed
358 Win
35 Whelen
.223AI
6.5-.284
.300 Whisper
Hmmm... I had a big bug up my butt for .358... scratched that... then came .325 WSM... well scratched... I don't really have the itch for anything right now! Well... something that shoots really flat would be fun to mess with I guess. But I don't like overbore. Maybe... 7 mag?

-jeff
How boring is THAT. Sheesh.

-jeff
A .30-06 necked down to .257 would be neat.
Weren't talking about me........

me neither. wink

For some reason, I want a 7mm SAUM. I love the 280 AI, and the thought of one in a short action stainless/synthetic light rifle appeals to me as the legs get older and the mountains get steeper. I have the dies, I just need to find someone with a Rem Ti that they have grown tired of...
260AI......
22LR
If I had my druthers, it would be for a left hand bolt in .17 Remington.

Prolly wind up with a .204, mebbeso a 260 or a 7mm-08 for when I get to be old and won't put up with recoil anymore. In the meantime, I still get urges for a .270 WSM from time to time.
358 STA and 7x57 mauser. Those are my itches that need scratched.
I feel i need a 240, 257 amd 340 Weatherby. I want a 220 swift and a 6.5-284. Is that too long of a list?
9.3 X 62MM
308, 223, 44 mag, 22lr, 12 guage.

Then for the left hand . . . . (grin)

BMT
No strong itch for anything much, but I'd be tempted by a 220 Swift in a pre64 M70.Also,in years past the 257 Roberts was the cartidge that I liked best in that general category. But these days, in its' place, and for what I'd use it for(varmints,some antelope hunting,coyotes, and a lot of range use), I'd like a 6.5/284 in an8-8.5 lb rifle.The range of bullets is pretty similar, only (what?).007 diff in bore diameter, and I'm thinking it will be easier to get real top-shelf accuracy from the 6.5 bore than the 25 with Burgers and all.I'd expect recoil to be trifling.

With a 125 Partition or 120TSX, it might kill a deer,too...
220 swift on a model 70? built one a few years ago, love it!

6mm-06? sounds like a 240 wby mag, mine is a win 70 with a shilen bbl.

lots of interest in the 257 roy! built one this year and they are cool. the easy way to get one is to order a vanguard from walmart. standard vanguard cartridges are under $500.
Lodgepole
You might think about rebarreling a Savage 110 with an Adams & Bennett blued .338-06 24" Mag barrel from Midway for $130. They just screw in. I found a new Sav 111 Laminate for mine when the barrels were on sale for $90. Then I sold the new .30-06 barrel. Good luck.

George
600 NE double, and a 10.75x68.

Thats all,

Ed
In a Dakota short action...............grin

That's just mean.
Sporter weight 25-06..prolly a Vanguard SUB MOA
Why is it that so many express an interest in excellent 'old' cartridges such as .250 Savage or 7x57 Mauser, and yet these cartridges just seem to be 'fading away' while the companies 'spew' forth the latest 'fads' (currently seems to be 'short magnums')?

It's not like Campfire isn't representative of the general firearm buying public, is it?

Oh, never mind. wink

Personally, now that it's 'officially' no longer a 'wildcat' I'm interested in the .338-06.
7mm dakota on a sako 75 rifle

Michael
I've got the itch to just hunt with my 270 Win., 338 Win. Mag., and 416 Rem. Mag.

I'm done experimenting, and I'm too busy for it anyway. All I want to do is hunt.........

AD
I totally concur with Allen on this.

I've been preaching for years about the same thing (I am very lucky to have a good mentor that taught me it).

Fewer guns, have only a couple of them that you are totally intimate with that are always ready and that they are honest rifles. That you can make things happen with day in and day out on demand and under the worst of conditions.

Hunt more, spend less money on guns. Spend more time in the gym and less time farting with guns.

A lot of people play with, and build a lot of guns and realistically do very little hunting. But then again perhaps that is what truely makes them happy.

I say never build a gun at the expense of not going on a hunt or doing a hunt that you've always wanted to do.

Dober
.308 necked down to .277 in AI in a factory chambered 22" high quality mountain rifle weight and contour. LOL

Won't ever exist but I want one.
let's not confuse need and practicality with wants and what would otherwise be just cool!

I sure don't NEED another rifle, I can hardly use the ones I have and most will not be taken the to field this season but I sure would like to have a nice little custom 284 win, the original 7mm short mag!
I used to buy every model 70 I could get my hands on, of course, my wife was working and making good money then and really did not know how much I was spending on rifles (except for the time we moved and I kept pulling rifle boxes out of the attic - I never brought home boxes after that, just left them at the store).

I read everything I could find on cartridges and loading and experimented with different combiniatons of rifles and cartridges. eventually, my kids got out of diapers and started going to school and playing sports and I got too busy.

sold a great number of rifles to finance better stocks and scopes and down to 11 now if I counted right (only count themodel 70s, the others don't apply).

sure don't need anymore but sure don't want to sell any either. if I could only get a few of them back...like the five supergrades that I hand selected...those really hurt!
Mark,

All I have is .22lr, .223rem(currently tweaking), .270Win, and 12gauge pumpshot gun. I think I got the basics cover now and go hunting wink

Leo
Leo-me thinks you have things covered very well.

But, I would add a back up big game rig, tis a smart move whether you travel much to hunt or not.

My opinion is it tis very very foolish not to have a backup. Especially if traveling and can easyily take it with you.

Just a thunk, now back to the original thread.

Dober
458 Lott
a fast 358
6.5-06 AI, or maybe a 25-06 AI.
358 norma. Thanks for the "medium mediums" article Mule Deer
Dober: ....I still like to play..... grin I suffer under the grand illusion that I have the time;I really do not anymore. You have the right idea, but ......hey....we're just dreaming, aren't we?
coolOk Ok- I give in (easy aint I...)

Little Sky punched to a 284 Win, there you gun pushers happy...

If it didn't shoot with the factory tube it would be off to Mickey for a new Schneider.

6x36 Leo with the LR dotz in it and some Talleys xtra lows!

Dober
6.5x47 with a 1:8 twist.
Nice idea Mark, but I believe a guy from Kimber stated here there was not enough shank for the 284 case.

I have an itch for a 700 Ti 30-06 punched out and bolt opened up to 308 Norma Magnum.
Again, if there is enough shank.

A 411 Hawk has my interest in a model 70 action.

A 375 Scovill in a lever rifle intrigues me.

I still want a 30 Ruger based on the 375 case to be used as
a "Bomber" rifle.

If we're just going nuts here, I would have to add a 270 wby mag too. even thought of pulling the tube on my 7mm rm and going 270 wby but I like that 7mm too much!

my kids have blooded the new 257 bobs this year so I am still trying to get the new 257 in the groove. maybe this weekend. rut should be started in ga and we are hunting sat am through monday am. five hunts should give us a fair shot if they are moving.

I am not putting the 257 in the rack until I kill a deer with it, that make take all season (mature bucks only, we already got our does and meat).
The 270wby is pretty cool.
I like mine a bunch!

I also have a 257Bob(nothing fancy, just a little Ruger MkII)
I am hoping to put it to work on Coyotes this winter using the 75gr Vmax.
Should be interesting!
grin
Does anyone have anything firm from Kimber. Will their .308 size Montana's accept a rebore to the .284 case?

A 6.5x284 Norma cranks me up more than the 260 I plan on getting.

SU- you mean the shank on the factory tube?

Tanks

Dober
Yep....

I guess you mean a new tube then?
Dober,

I thought you were allergic to the 284 case......feeding issues and all???

It do sound like a sweet ride though!!!!

Jeff
1895 in 35 Whelen, Accuracy International in .338Lapua cause I liked breaking stuff with it and a Ruger #1 in 6.5-06AI cause I cant get it out of my head since Dogzapper wrote and article on the round a few years ago.
another 22 Mag
.30-40 Krag
7mm-08
280 Rem
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
A lot of people play with, and build a lot of guns and realistically do very little hunting. But then again perhaps that is what truely makes them happy.

That's the truth of it for me. I'm a shooter first, and a hunter second. I go shooting without going hunting, but I don't hunt without shooting(no bow hunting).
hmmm, as to an itch for different cartrides; at times I feel like a dog with the mange. The latest itches have been the 325, which I scratched and am content with both the rifle'S and cartridge; the most recent is the 375 Ruger. Thus far, I have scratched it with an African, but the itch persists. So to scratch deeper, I am planning an "Africanized" Alaskan.This wll consist of the Alaskan, McMillan stock, Timney trigger(hopefully it fits?, and a Lilja stainless 23" barrel with barrel band and a Zeiss 1.5 x 6 with a #4 reticle. The undecided part of the plan is the type sights ? I hope this satisfies my itch for anything above 30 caliber, because I am feeling a complusion to scratch a 223 itch.
Well I concur with this and I am guilty, the pursuit of the "perfect cartridge/rifle combo". Hell, I feel like a firearms emporium at times. So after the completion of the "Africanized Alaskan" my focus will be on hunting. I certainly am not getting any younger and time flies. I will attach an addendum, the fine tuning the ones that I have and acquisitions of sub-30's do not apply. If I were logical, I would trim my selection to 223's,308's, 325's, 338's,375's(Rugers & H&H), and 45/70's; maybe I could get down to where one gun-safe would work.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
I totally concur with Allen on this.

I've been preaching for years about the same thing (I am very lucky to have a good mentor that taught me it).

Fewer guns, have only a couple of them that you are totally intimate with that are always ready and that they are honest rifles. That you can make things happen with day in and day out on demand and under the worst of conditions.

Hunt more, spend less money on guns. Spend more time in the gym and less time farting with guns.

I say never build a gun at the expense of not going on a hunt or doing a hunt that you've always wanted to do.

Dober

300 H&H, 7mm-08, 257 WBY, and a 223 predator killer.
Umm something more useful than what I already got or have had in the past like mebbe something else besides a 6.5x55 in a 6.5 like a 6.5 Whizzum? instead of a 270/7mmwhizzum...or something off the 375Ruger case that's not too common like a 9.3xRuger using my CZ American for a donor victim since they got the 30 cal & 338's coming. 338/'06 - 325 Whizzum might have some interest for 200 gr'ers...uh it's only money and I ain't got any right now so it doan't make much difference anyhow.
Ron
A .338 WIN MAG in either the new Ruger Hawkeye or the new Model 70 (whenever they become available). I also want another .243 WIN. Might just go with a Hawkeye in .338 in 2008, and a .243 in the new M70FW in 2009. Both blue and walnut of course!
I am developing an itch for a 25 06. Probably a light kicker, could be built to shoot accurately, fun at the range!
for some strange reason i realy want to build a 7x64mm brenneke, then a 9.3x62mm, & a 275 rigby(aka 7mm mauser) on mauser actions.
then a few finn style mosin sporters in 6.3x53R & 9.3x53R

maybe a pre-war win 70 & a spriingfield 1903 in 7mm mauser
The 325 with the 200gr TSX's, definitely has my interest. I have a Montana and am devolping a liking for this rifle cartridge combo. I consider it my light all purpose combo. I pleasure to shoot and carry. May give the 180 TSX's a whirl too.
-----------------------------------------------------------
- 325 Whizzum might have some interest for 200 gr'ers...uh it's only money and I ain't got any right now so it doan't make much difference anyhow.
Ron [/quote]
338-06
I've got pretty much everything covered from .223 to .338 with a few "big" bores thrownin (.358, .375 Win, .45-70) so my "wants" are really just that....wants, not needs.

Totally impractical, but I "want" a .220 Swift and a .375 H&H. A double rifle in something like .500 NE would be nice and I've always liked the idea of a .416 Rigby. Even stranger.....I've had an idea for some time that a 9x57 or 9.3x57mm would fit in well too.

None of these are really "needed" but what has need got to do with buying guns anyway.

A have a hankering for a 308 in a Steyr Scout. I know its an ugly little duckling but it really appeals to me.
.257 "Bob" 7x57AI, .338 Federal
7x64 Brenneke
I got lotsa itches. It's hard to decide which needs scratching first! .257 Roberts probably.

There's a bunch of stuff I've done in the past, .257 included, which I moved away from which I'd like to return to. .17 Rem, .221, .220 Swift, 6x.284, 7x57 and 7 STW, .338, and .375 H&H come to mind right off. I've never messed with .308 .. dunno how I missed that one. My itch there is defined by knowing there's a point of incompleteness in my ejmacation.

Most of the newer stuff doesn't grab me, but I would like to try out that .17 Rem Fireball and the .475 Linebaugh.
.257 ... my 75 grain load (Sierras, back then there were no VMAXes) was 44 grains of 4064 lit by a fed 210m primer. I had that little 20" barrelled ruger RL. It was a picky feeder but it loved that load!
.338 lapua
6.5 creedmore.

7 mash. just call me a follower. I've waded thru a 7stw and 7wsm, reckon that odd duck may fit. besides, it is no fair that only one exist in North America anyway.

ha.

and a 338/06 since Cooper will chamber it.

250-3000, 25-06, 25-284, 6.5-284, 6.5x55, 260, 338 Fed, .358 Win, 450 Marlin...just to name a few I want.
6mm-06
I've always been a die hard 6.5x55 fan and shot my first deer with Swedish M38 that I reblued and put in a cheap plastic stock myself. A few years ago when the .260Rem came out I though "cool, another 6.5 but it's not my 6.5x55". Later got myself a Winchester 70 FWT in 6.5x55. The problem is that I'm a stainless/synthetic kinda guy and was alway thinking about building a s/s 6.5x55 even though Remington was already making s/s .260. Well, I recently got a good deal no a stainless .260 Mtn barrel and Ti takeoff stock and now I have the biggest crush on the .260 Rem. To top it off, it's going to be a SUCKS!! I've never owned a Rem before. Life was so simple before I found the Campfire!!!!!!!1
17 Javelina then a 6x47 Laupua. A big 17 on a 223 case is coming to fix a gunsmith screw up. I am with Mark 110%. I spend more money and time dicking with rifles than I do hunting them. Mine are getting thinned out. The few that are still here are worked over or getting worked over. I am three barrel jobs and two stocks from being done. NO more Nadda at least for a few more years.
I really NEED a 7x57 Mauser, and despite my whinning about recoil, I NEED a 47/70 Guide Gun, and am seriously interested 35 Whelen. The current plan is to scope my M7 7mm08, and the Hawkeye 308. I also have to put a new trigger on the 270 and new scope for it.
The plan after that is a Guide Gun and a 336 30/30...and I can't wait for the new Winchesters to be released...
.257 Roberts Ackley Improved in a left handed Mauser action. I don't think I'm gonna find it at Wal Mart.
22 Hornet
22-250
25-35win
270win
30-30
30-06
45-70....

There's more, but I'll stop for now.

Please pass the calamine lotion....

I would really like to build something around the 250 Savage. I also would like a bolt in 6mm Rem, (have a 6mm 742, love the cartridge not crazy about the rifle.
I've got an itch for a .223 AI and a 6.5x.284. I've also been thinking I need a fast .30 cal of some sort.
OK, I'd love to have a 221 FireBall in a light boltgun. (grin!)
Virgil B.
17 HMR in a CZ 452 FS
17 Remington in an old style 700 BDL
218 Bee in a Browning Model 65 (with a reciever peep,of course)
222 Rem in an Anschutz 153
22 Hi-Power in a Savage 1899 (of course)
6mm Remington in a Browning 78
240 Roy in a Mark V Deluxe
256 Win Mag in a Contender Carbine
25/35 in anything
6.5 Rem Magnum in a Remington 600 (or a Model 7 CDL....druel)
7x300 Roy in either a Mark V Deluxe or a 40X
32 S&W in a Contender Carbine (for gray squirrels)
358 Win in a Ruger Hawkeye
350 Rem Magnum in a Remington 7 CDL

Dang,I've got expensive tastes......

WB.
I have wanted a 6.5 WSM ever since the 300 WSM came out, and the fire was fueled even hotter by Jim Carmichael's article about his 6.5 Leopard. I'm a lefty to boot, but by a stroke of luck ended up buying a 6.5 WSM Savage with a Lilja barrel here on the fire earlier this year. I love it! So far two whitetails hate it!
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear
Does anyone have anything firm from Kimber. Will their .308 size Montana's accept a rebore to the .284 case?

I tried to fit a 284 into a 84M but with a 140 gr Ballistic Tip seated to 2.81" which is as long as the magazine will tolerate there was a gap between the bullets ogive and the mouth of the case. Of course that would function but it did not look right.

I contacted Kimber and they said that the action is too small for the 284. I did not pursue what part of the action they meant as I was turned off by the test ammo's look. All in all I am glad I dropped the project as now my pet 7mm bullet is the 168 VLD and thats way too long for a 284 case with a COL of 2.81" in my view.

What cartridge? I have had so many that these days I am more into bullets and rifles. The 7mm interests me most these days. I have a 7mm WSM and a 7X57 and thats enough for now what with so many similar rifles as back up.
in no order of itchyness - 17 Fireball, 222, fast twist 223, 6BR, 308 Marlin Express, 338 Federal, 375 ruger, 44 mag lever, 45/70

6BR will be the next one most likely, once I start to burn up my 243 which will become the donor
Let's see that new 338RCM, another 300H&H and maybe a 250AI from Cooper.
The itch? 257 Roy.

Just scratched last week. grin
I would like to get my hands on a 7mm TCU and a .35 Remington. They might be the perfect cast bullet cartridges.
25-35 sounds like fun, and I need a 30-30.

I keep having this vision of a trim, lightweight, single-shot, break-action rifle in 30-30, shooting 150 grain TTSXs at 2400 fips. The closest thing to this vision that I can think of in an existing rifle is a Savage 219, but the ones I have seen fall short of the ideal. I have a Ruger #1 in 7x57, and it is nice enough, but it is built like a tank, and reloading in the heat of action is slow at best. I can reload a break-open action much more quickly.

I have also thought of buying one of the H&R/NEF guns and performing major surgery on it, including reshaping the action, removing steel from the barrel and non-critical areas of the action to lighten it, polishing and rust blueing, and new pretty walnut to replace the "hardwood" factory stock. This sounds like a neat winter project for the days when it is dark when I leave for work and dark when I get back home. If the project bombs, I'm only out about $200 for the rifle. I wouldn't buy the walnut until/unless the metalwork turned out satisfactorily. I know some folks turn up their noses at the H&R guns, but operating break-actions with an exposed hammer is second nature to me, and I like them.

_
Man this is tough
6.5 X 55
375 Ruger
416 Ruger
338/375 Ruger
this would keep me happy for a few months. smile
8mm Mauser in a LH bolt gun,

375 H&H or Ruger,

7mm short fat, Maybe the 7mm RCM if they do it,

One of the 6.5's maybe 264 WM.
7 SAUM to compare it to my 7 WSM
300 H&H or
300 Wby
6-06
264 win
7 weatherby
340 weatherby
416 taylor

Itches in no particular order ...

300 H&H
25 Souper
416 Rigby
257 Roy
416 Rigby
375 Roy
416 Rigby
45/70

But ain't nuttin' on the horizon anytime soon. As I cannot biatch about what's locked up now!! Except for the biggest and scariest game, I think I got it all down. Maybe some different rifle in chabered for what I have .... but hey, no rifle is perfect.
Av......So what your saying is you want a .416 Rigby?
Don't know why ... but it makes me itchy smile
Sounds like an itch that needs some scratching. grin
No particular order:

338 Win Mag
300 Ultra
416 Rigby
264 Win Mag
© 24hourcampfire