Home
Check out the MSRP.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/custom_shop/700/model_700_AWR_II.asp

smile
Must be that SWEET stock!!! grin
I'm not laughing I'm crying.........
I'm with Tom on this one..
gonna sell a chit load of those I guess!

pretty proud of it

guess I'll stick to the 700's I have
What will be even funnier is when they come out with the 40X Ti Hunter. Probably be over 4G's.......at that rate...
Quite a few custom riflemakers are charging that and much more for a 700-based semi-custom these days. I figure Remington sees a market for a "blueprinted" 700-based rifle that's ready to go right now, and guaranteed to shoot sub-MOA.

I think they should have used a McMillan, but other than that, I bet they'll sell them.

Me? I'd build two at that price, and have enough for some optics.

rb

More than a NULA, what a joke.
+1 on the McMillan

+1 on building two for that price.

FWIW, I ordered a rifle some years ago from the custom shop.
1 year to get it. I could have one built INCLUDING waiting on the McMillan in much less time.... grin
IMO, NULAs are the best deal in custom rifles going, ESPECIALLY when you consider that you're getting an actual custom action and exclusive stock instead of a re-worked 700/70/77.
Bigtime +1 on the building idea...
I agree Rick 100%. I have five of them, including Mule Deer's old 257 Ackley. It kills me that people call them a semi custom rifle. The same guys call rifles by Banser, Echols, Jarret, Borden, etc., true custom rifles; despite just being worked over factory rifles. It makes zero sense to me.
Originally Posted by RickBin
IMO, NULAs are the best deal in custom rifles going, ESPECIALLY when you consider that you're getting an actual custom action and exclusive stock instead of a re-worked 700/70/77.

I agree. I'm building my Wife a 98 Mauser in Roberts improved and a NULA would have been cheaper! She sure can pick out good looking stock blanks though, sigh. Bear
That MOA guarantee is why it costs so much....LMAO!!!!

I just bought brand new in box Tikka T3 for $379. That would be close to 10 rifles for the price of 1 Remington so called custom rifle. Or 5 Tikka's with Zeiss Conquest scopes for the price of 1.

If you have the money to burn, then I guess that rifle would suffice.
Yeah, but you don't get the B&C stock with the Tikka..... grin
or a bunch of plastic either! so there's always that!
Originally Posted by SKane
Yeah, but you don't get the B&C stock with the Tikka..... grin

What was I thinking. grin The stock makes the difference in the price. grin
I can't fathom a custom builder talking me into a 338 or 375 with a 26" bbl either.
werent these things like $1700 or so a few years ago? cry
WWHHAATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can't be serious crazy eek
Correct me if I'm wrong here but back in the muscle car days blue printing an engine meant it was put together at minimum specs. Alot of guys thought that meant it was balanced which of course required machining. To me"blueprinting"an action wouldn't necessarily"ensure receiver face and bolt squareness and uniform locking lug contact"if the parts weren't true in the first place. What say yee!

til later
And they've dropped the KS Mountain rifle altogether for 2008......

The stock on the AWR has a bedding block, ala the Medalist Series and the gun now weighs 7.5 lb.

Can't believe they'll sell very many, but then it's a Custom Shop deal now and they never sell all that many out of there anyway.

MM

So what is the diff in price between a Custom Shop rifle and this one? At least I could get a 22 inch barreled 270 from the Custom Shop.

Remington's prices are getting out of hand--and they are raising prices in a slowing economy...........

Casey
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
And they've dropped the KS Mountain rifle altogether for 2008......

What?!!.........Jeeez.......

Guess I'll have to go check their website and see what else they have screwed up.......

Casey
Thanks for the great laugh!! That is hysterical!!!
© 24hourcampfire