Home
Posted By: AMRA Ruger Hawkeye 35 Whelen? - 08/15/08
Any idea when the Hawkeye in 35 Whelen will be out?
I know the website said " Late August " but will it be more like
next year ?
Posted By: raybass Re: Ruger Hawkeye 35 Whelen? - 08/15/08
Truthfully we'll probably just have to wait and see. Then again it seems like someone had posted on here or AR that one was for sale from some gunshop.
There was one on gunbroker and my local shop was able to grab just one for a customer. I got to fondle it and it's just like the other stainless Hawkeyes'. I already have a Hawkeye in a 358 and the 35 Whelen doesn't look or feel any different.

Ken
Posted By: trapperJ Re: Ruger Hawkeye 35 Whelen? - 08/16/08
There's one on the rack at my local gun shop.Handels very nice but I have A 338win and its hard to justify. But I still want it!
Posted By: TheDude Re: Ruger Hawkeye 35 Whelen? - 08/17/08
Ahh if Ruger would just remember the lowly lefties....
I noticed there is a few of them on gunbroker.
Posted By: coop4u2c Re: Ruger Hawkeye 35 Whelen? - 08/18/08
Davidson's lists 5 in my area.
Both of ruger versions of the 35 Whelan are currently available and in stock at Ruger Wholesalers.
Posted By: AMRA Re: Ruger Hawkeye 35 Whelen? - 08/18/08
Thanks to all who responded, I will call my gun dealer and have him call his wholeseller. I think he uses Bangers?
Posted By: Tattoo Re: Ruger Hawkeye 35 Whelen? - 08/19/08
You can get one at Bud's gunshop, Paris Ky. Call Gurney at 1-859-987-9929 price 550.00 I bought a Hawkeye .358 from them last week and they have them in all calibers. If you want a real thumper try a .350 Remington Mag. it will outdo the .35 whelen or go for one of the .375 Hornady. Great people to deal with, they even take checks,lay-aways and trade-ins.
© 24hourcampfire