Home
My Sako 85 Finnlight in .308 Win. has come home from McMillan. I had a Sako Classic Edge put on it and also had them pillar and glass bed. They did a SUPERB job with it. I have some pictures but can no longer access my webspace. If someone can post them for me in this thread, I'll email them to you. Let me know.

Clay
Send them to me if you want... dnjclark-AT-gmail.com

OC,

Aw come on ya big tease!

Pictures.

Spot
Email sent!
Very nice!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://dnjclark.smugmug.com/photos/356139207_PLfcv-O.jpg[/img]
[img]http://dnjclark.smugmug.com/photos/356139211_39wkT-O.jpg[/img]
Nice looking rig. Have you compared the weight vs original stock? Also, did the balance of the gun change? I have a 85 Finnlight in 300 WSM that I was thinking of doing the same modification.
that's one nice looking rifle, which will probably shoot as good as it looks. congrats.
Sweet! I have a 75 Finnlight .308 that is still waiting for the McMillan Sako Classic Edge to show up at the door. My factory stock weighs 36oz, what does your Edge weigh??
Now WHY can't Sako make a deal w/McM and pass some saving on to customers who'd prefer to own and pay a little extra for a quality handle, to match the quality put in the bbl/action?

Nevermind, I know, the bean counters.....

Nice set up, thanks for sharing.
I'll bet that edge weighs less than 25oz.

McMillan does a SUPER job of bedding. I have not seen recent ones but ones in the past looked (and performed) absolutely top notch.

Dave
Nice, OCC, VERY nice!!
smile
Thanks to all for the compliments. I do not know how much the Edge weighs, but the complete rifle is lighter now than when it came out of the box. I�m not a big �weight fanatic�, but I did want to possess one of McMillan�s Edge technology stocks. I just thought getting one for a Finnlight would be the perfect way to experiment. I haven't weighed it, but I'm quite sure that it's lighter. It balances very nicely and I just can't say enough about the way McMillan fits the stock to the action and how nicely the bedding job looks. The Sakos aren't really the lightweights that their Kimber Montana competitors are, but boy are they sexy! The bolt movement is as slick as it gets and I really like the new pseudo CRF that Sako integrated into the new 85s. The trigger on the 85 is on par with all the other Sakos I have owned and/or fondled. All in all it should make for a nice Southeastern deer slayer and was DEFINITELY worth the wait!!
I'll bet it weighs around 5lb 10oz without scope and rings...

Anyhow it looks great, and I can't wait for mine to get here! smile
Rifle all scoped-up!

[Linked Image]
That is a very nice looking iron now OldCenterChurch...I wish mine had one now after seeing yours.
Sweet dude!
Got photos of the bedding?
McMillan glass beds the metal bracket directly into the stock.

I got the Edge technology in Sako Hunter for my 270 win Sako 85 finnlight. (weights below)

And at the moment I have a normal Sako Hunter (60% black, 20% dark gray, 20% white) ordered for my 30-06 Sako 85 hunter.

My plan is to put the Edge on the blue 30-06, and the marble normal stock on the finnlight.

Here's how moving the stocks around changes the weights.

[Linked Image]

Spot
Here's a picture of the 85's bedding block in an Edge that was done by McMillan.

I beleive my 85 was the first that McMillan did, OC's was probably in the first 5 they've done.

[Linked Image]

Here's my 85 Finnlight in the Sako Hunters Edge

The only change is the raised cheek piece.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
OC,

What does your stock weight? and what does the rifle weight with the scope on it. I'm betting it'll be lighter than mine due to the shorter action, and slightly smaller stock.

NICE rig!!!

Congrats.

Spot
Very nice rigs guys, Sako/mcmillan edge sure makes a great combo!
Thanks for the Pics guys. I really like the classic version on OC's, may have to try one.......................DJ
I tried to email McMillan months ago about them making a stock for my 85, got no response. Is it possible for them to make me a stock without having my barreled action (I'm up here in Canada...) crazy

Nope they require the barreled action for the Sako 85.

Plus you have to send them the bedding block

Spot
bah.....that sucks frown

sooo...who wants to sell me their 85 short action edge? laugh
Damn, that looks good.
Droolin'

Still waiting for my Edge to arrive. Ordered it March 12th.
Ordered mine in January. That might give you some idea on your remaining wait.
Yeah.

Was hoping that I'd have it in plenty of time to get it bedded, pick a load, practice with it, and go hunting this year. But I'm not so sure now.
ShaunRyan,

You ordered yours March 12th? It should be shipping to you anyday now.

OldCenterChurch,

Did you order yours through a gunsmith?
I ordered mine here, through the Campfire.
Hmm, might wanna email Terah Bin. Then we can check the status of your stock.
I ordered mine here as well.

I received an e-mail from Terah last Tuesday saying the stock was ready and she had released it to ship.

I'm hoping to get it any day. How do you guys ship, UPS?
Originally Posted by ShootToWin
Hmm, might wanna email Terah Bin. Then we can check the status of your stock.

Mine is the one pictured in this thread. I'm not waiting on mine. I posted the time frame in order to give Shaun an idea concerning his remaining wait.
That stock on that rifle is looking good, clean.
Oh ok, ShaunRyan we ship UPS.
O.K. That's what I figured. If it was released on Tuesday, I imagine it'll be here any time.
I have a Sako Classic stock with a Remington action. I like the little tweaks of the stock. The cast off and the nice grip make it feel just right to me.

I needed low rings to get my cheek and the rifle to feel really good. The first scope was mounted higher. The low rings just made the package. It is my go to gun.
Nice!

Oldchurch,

So what is the final weight of your outfit ?

Looks damn nice!

Spot
I'm jealous of all you dudes with the new Edge's!

Haven't actually handled one yet but imagine they feel pretty nice.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm jealous of all you dudes with the new Edge's!

Haven't actually handled one yet but imagine they feel pretty nice.

They are very nice. I want more.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Oldchurch,

So what is the final weight of your outfit ?

Looks damn nice!

Spot

Thanks! I don't have anything here at home to weight it. Maybe I'll just strut into Kroger and throw it up on one of the produce scales! Ha! I'll post its total weight when I find a way to weight it.
© 24hourcampfire