Home
I talked to my local dealer today and he said he actually talked to Marlin about their new bolt action rifles. He said they've been having serious problems with them, especially in 25'06. He told me Marlin recalled all 25'06's because they've had problems with the chambers/barrels failing (splitting/cracking). He also mentioned there was some concern about 180 grain bullets in the 30'06. I can't vouch for the accuracy of what I was told but was wondering what others out there have heard??? Just FYI
I had read that they were having problems with the button that produces the rifling on 25 caliber barrels. I hadn't heard anything about a recall. The few that have talked about finding a 25-06 haven't had any problems and have had good accuracy. I have had zero problems with my 30-06 but have only shot 150s out of it to date.
Teething troubles with new rifles is a common occurrence, most new stuff works that way (Ruger LCPs, also) That's why I waited for forty years after Savage came out with the 110 before trying one. Gotta give them time to settle down.
© 24hourcampfire