Home
Does the 308 action and WSM action fit into the same stock? Specifically for the Sako 75 Gery Wolf laminate.
Nope, they are different actions in the Sako.
blargon,
Do you know what the difference is? Can it be made to fit without to much work?
I don't have a WSM action to compare, but from what I understand the WSM action is slightly longer. However it would seem to me by their measurements on the site, that its only .060" longer. So it might be just a matter of taking out some material ahead or behind the recoil lug (whichever action you have) and bedding the action to fill the void.

Best if you can find someone here who has both actions...
At one time, I wondered the same thing myself - they don't cross-fit, as already indicated. I don't recall about the overall length of the action, but I do know that the magazine well is significantly wider, and they modified the shape of the WSM stock a bit in the forearm as it is wider and thicker there as well. If memory serves, the WSM stocks also have cross-bolts for the added recoil where the .308/III action size does not. I would guess removing any material from the slender III stock to make it fit the WSM size action would almost guarantee a short usable life.
The time and effort necessary to shoehorn a WSM 75 action in a 308 stock would be much better spent finding the correct stock...................................DJ
© 24hourcampfire