Home
Posted By: Portsider284 A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09
Let me begin with a story.

I saw this rifle for sale on another forum. Price was right, and to top it off it was a lfety.

Then came finding a scope, I had a particular scope in mind from Leupold, but with being North of the 49th, and Leupold doing some jockeying with their line up, pickings were very slim.

Alas I found another fellow selling a new in box scope on the exact same website for a exceptionally good price. Only thing was it took a full 10 days for Canada Post to deliver it (6 days from Newfoundland to Montreal alone)

Then my local sporting goods shop told me that they would have my rings and bases any day, for a 4 week period.

Finally I gave up and while in Edmonton secured the mounting system of my desire in a single stop....but wait I took the wrong rings, while getting distracted... On to the phone and 48hours later Canada Post redeamed themselves and a padded envelope was now in my hands.

I then lapped, and mounted the 1.75-6x32 VXIII Leupold in double dovetail mounts upon a new to me Winchester Model 70 Left Hand Classic Sporter in 338 Win Mag, complete with Williams extractor.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: x2mosg Re: A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09
Very nice. A really classy package. Congrats on finally getting it all together.
Posted By: like2shoot Re: A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09
Very nice setup. I have one question. You said " complete with Wilson extractor " , possibly you meant Williams?
Originally Posted by like2shoot
Very nice setup. I have one question. You said " complete with Wilson extractor " , possibly you meant Williams?

Good catch!
I dunno where my mind was. I knew it was Williams, but ya know some days......
I changed it BTW.
Posted By: Simoneaud Re: A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09
nice Rifle dude!!
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09

That should do the Job!
Posted By: High_Brass Re: A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09
Very nice!
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09
Beautiful rifle. I have one just like it that I got on a trade two months ago, and although I don't really have a use for a 338 now, it's so nice, I hate to do anything to it.
I too am lefthanded, and for years I used a RH M70 in 338 for elk. If I had had one of these, I'd still be using it...they're perfect for us.
You show good taste by having that rifle.
Posted By: Thumper358 Re: A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09

Now that's a rifle! What a beautiful classic..I'm droolin' on my keyboard!
Posted By: SKane Re: A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09
That'll work quite nicely. Classic package you've got there.
Perfect setup for all of North America and beyond. Just in time for some spring bear hunting.
Posted By: BIGR Re: A new horse in the barn - 03/20/09
Now you gotcha something for sure. Enjoy it.
© 24hourcampfire