Home
Hola compadres

Gettin ready to purchase a trigger for my model seven, the x mark pro trigger that came with it is a piece of garbage. Was wondering who has what trigger and what you think of it. Im not looking for a super light trigger just want something with zero creep around 2.5 lbs. jewell is out because of price but im considering timney shilen or rifle basix depending on what y'all have to say about it thanks
I've got Timneys on a couple of rifles and am well-pleased with them. My one experience with a Rifle Basix was not pleasant: the fit was way off and it required quite a bit of dremel time to get it to fit.
Posted By: Heeler Re: what trigger would you buy? - 07/03/09
I have a Timney on my Model 70. Factory preset at 3# and very pleased with it.
I own one aftermarket trigger and it is a Timney for a Rem 700. I had it preset at the factory to 2# let-off. It breaks like a glass rod with no perceptable creep. The only thing "different" about it thna the stock trigger is the safety does not click off. It must be pushed fully forward/backward to actuate. If I ever need another aftermarket trigger I will spend my money with Timney. They are customer oriented.
Timney!
Shilen or Timney.
Posted By: CLB Re: what trigger would you buy? - 07/03/09
Installed a Rifle Basix on a Win Mod 70 and it was very easy to do. No modification needed and it's clean and crisp at 2.5 lbs.
I have a bunch of Timney, Bold and Rifle Basix... My last several Timneys have been a huge PITA to deal with during the install. WHen they were the right trigger in the package they ended up working fine. That was not always the case.

The Rifle Basix have always been quick and easy to install and adjust when needed. Bold is the trigger I have had the least of, but all have been easy and good. Right now I am very anti-Timney.
art
Posted By: RickF Re: what trigger would you buy? - 07/03/09
Shilen.
I just put the Timney on my Vanguard.
Crisp, clean and no creep whatsoever.
For 100 bucks it changed the rifle completley.
can't beat a jewel. i've had timnys and rifle basics and they don't compare to a jewel
Yeah, but he said it was not in his budget...
i would save the money to get the jewel. even if i had to wait a little longer. he'll be happier in the long run
I've been very happy with the 3 Shilen triggers I have.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: what trigger would you buy? - 07/04/09
I'll disagree on the Jewell for what the original poster asked. Budget aside, I really don't care for them set up in the 2-3 pound range. Too much movement. It's too "clean" to call it creep, but it's there, and it drives me nutso. YMMV; triggers are a very personal thing and, like scope mounting or LOP, there is no universally "right" way for a trigger to feel.

Anyway, not dogging on Jewell; I have two of them, and set LIGHT (6-8 ounces), they are fantastic.

Just 'cause nobody has mentioned it, Neil Jones Custom Products is a magician with M700 triggers. For $75, he gives you a very damn nice trigger back! He takes them apart and works surfaces, changes springs... Not just a screw-turner... The two he's done for me are both wonderful, every bit the equal of the trigger on my Kimber, and much better than a m700 trigger that's just had the screws turned as a "trigger job". He does work on X-Mark triggers too, though I can't speak to the results. But if the man can make a BLR trigger decent, and he can, I bet he can make that X-Mark sing.

I have a Timney on my Ruger m77 and that thing is amamzing! no creep very crisp and light.
Jewel, Timney, Shilen then whatever.Rick.
© 24hourcampfire