Home
Posted By: orion03 Picked up a Vanguard Sub MOA - 11/25/09
Local Scheel's had it for $399 in 270. Older fella traded it in on a 243 because he claimed it kicked to hard. Can't even tell that it's been shot, still has the little plastic cover on the bolt knob. Anyone have much experience with these? I think I did pretty good considering what the Blue Book has to say. Mounted a 3x12 Burris Signature on it, should make a pretty nice rig. Hope it shoots as good as they claim.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Picked up a Vanguard Sub MOA - 11/25/09
You will like it...

Gooood price!!

Ingwe
My plain Jane non sub moa Vanny averages around 1/2" with 130 GKs over H4831. The factory target was 1.4". I'm betting yours will shoot great.
I have a Sub MOA in a 270 wsm. At first, it was barely a "Sub MOA". After replacing the factory trigger with a Timmney and free floating the barrel, it shoots really nicely now. I am still in search of that perfect ammo, but at least I am breaking in the barrel nicely. I hope to have it shooting like a laser beam soon. I really like he feel of the gun. I think that it is a keeper.
That's a great deal, I like mine in .300 Wby, no problem getting sub MOA at 100.
i've owned 5 vanguards, only one would not go under MOA. and that one would put two shots touching and throw juuussst out of an inch.

that was before i did much reloading. i could probably get it co-operating now.

for the money, can't beat 'em.
I agree, for the price ya cannot beat them. Between me and friends we probably have 10 of them and every one is very accurate. $399 can't beat it.
Great rifles. Mine's a regular VG DLX in .257. Has a 3 x 9 Leupold and shoots sub MOA with most bullets. Woods pretty nice too. I think mine was about $500 new. Trajectory like a laser. Trigger sucked but a smith cured that easily. Now it's one of my favorite deer rigs. Enjoy your new rifle. BT
© 24hourcampfire