Home
I decided on the Weaver aluminum bases and rings. I understand that aluminum should take less torque than steel. Can you folks help me with the values for the top mounts and then the rings? Thanks...
25 inch pounds on the rings should be fine, i use 30 inch pounds on the bases.
I would go a little lighter on the rings, say 15-20 inch/pounds. The ring screws go into aluminum, where the threads can easily be stripped out, and 15-20 is enough to hold just about any scope you want to put in Weavers.
When they make a POP you went to far, ask me I know and more than once blush

Mule Deer wrote an article about me and that (well it could have been me). I have since reformed. grin
Originally Posted by MagMarc
When they make a POP you went to far, ask me I know and more than once blush

Mule Deer wrote an article about me and that (well it could have been me). I have since reformed. grin

Me too! If a little tight is good then a lot tight is better! I put pinch marks on a lot of scopes before I growed up! Them %#*) Weaver rings with screws on only one side can make a feller pull his hair out too. They twist the scope as they tighten and then ya gots to cant the gun to make the wires be straight up and down and that ain't natural!
Originally Posted by Gary O
I decided on the Weaver aluminum bases and rings. I understand that aluminum should take less torque than steel. Can you folks help me with the values for the top mounts and then the rings? Thanks...

Wrist tight........

Casey
© 24hourcampfire