Home
All right...got it narrowed down to these two. Model 70 extreme weather in 300 win (26" barrel)or the Sako A7 SS in 300 win. let's find out what you guys think!
2 totally different guns, do you like CRF and a 3 POS safety?? I personally do, however I think the A7 will shoot a little better. however the winchester should still do MOA which is good enough in most cases for a hunting rifle. unless accuracy is your primary focus I like the winchester. if you want a high likelyhood of .5 moa then go A7. isn't the A7 also lighter, I personally am a big tikka fan but normally hunt with a ruger or a remington, even though the tikkas will outshoot the ruger and remington.
A 26" 300 Win in the heavier M70 would be nice for sniping.

The 24" A7 in 300WSM is a fairly light, handy rifle.

I wouldn't think there'd be much difference in accuracy between the two.

You need one of each!
A7 all the way for me and my ways baby..course I'd cut the barrel to 23" just for luck

Dober
I just looked at the A7 specs on http://www.berettausa.com/products/a7-st-stainless/.

No weights and the idiots don't even have the magazine capacity listed correctly.

And I lied about the barrel, it's 24 3/8" for the .300's. Big diff....(grin)

Have you put both of them to your shoulder yet? The accuracy should be real close for both weight may have a little difference if its a big deal to you, but the way the rifle feel on your shoulder really is what make you fall for a rifle.
Seems every year, as I get older, my Vanguard gains another pound or two.

I recently handled a Sako A7 300 WSM at the local sporting store.

Pretty much fell in love with it right then and there. Nice and light, but not "whispy". Smooooooth action. Nice fit and finish.

I think the addition of the Sako style extractor brings the push feed pretty much on par with CRF.

If I get my way, one of them in a .270 WSM is going to end up being my go-to rifle for the next 20 or so years.

I'd get the M70....these FN guns really shoot IME. Would not be surprised to see it go WAY under MOA.
Tough call...
although i think the sako might be a little more accurate, i am not a fan of the a7 stock, so i'd go with the m70 ew. i suspect either will give you a lifetime of service.
Of the two I would run the M70 EW.
Well I must admit I have recently bought 2 Sako A 7's. I bought one..liked it so much got another one in a different caliber.
Bought 1 a7 like it so well, I just bought another one. Not my favorite srock but sure not a club like the Win.
The Model 70 Extreme seems quite a bit heavier to me, but then I would want some weight on a .300 mag. Both should shoot well. They'll feel different when you throw them up. I say go with the one that feels better to you and consider a used .300. Lots of good clean used .300's around here with very little mileage on them.
© 24hourcampfire