Home
http://www.gricegunshop.com/

Grices has two new Remington 7600 special runs this year.

The stocks are lamiate "cool blue" in 7mm-08 and 25-06.

Price is $699.00 and delivery is September.

Aww who cares!

A Model 700 in 6mm Remington... now we're talking!
I like the 6mms too!!
Aww who cares about 6mm's, get me a real cartridge. "stir" "smiley"

I could be interested in a 7mm-08, I could justify another "short" 270 WCF.
I'd love to see a special run of wood stocked 760 carbines, 338/06 would most definately put me in line..grin

Dober
Originally Posted by Seafire

With a 24" barrel no less!
Cool. If the 700 was in 25-06 I'd be thinking hard on it...or the 7600 in .358 or Whelen. Like I 'need' any of them...
Originally Posted by KDK

Yeah buddy!!!

-Bob F. smile
Why not a .338 Federal, in a choice of either rifle or carbine?
I'm not a fan of Rem 700's but that one in 6mm is tempting.

Dale
I'd love to see a special run of wood stocked 760 carbines, 338/06 would most definately put me in line..grin

ahhhhh, sigh, I wish!!!!
Anything in 338-06.....

Could Grice talk them into a special run? I could furnish a couple reamers, and put me in line.

It'd be fun, especially if all was black matte, no stls and or funky plywood handles for me...

Dober
oh yeah, a 338-06 pump gun !

was thinking of buying a 760 or 7600 and rebarreling it.
how do we go about asking them to get a run of them made up ?

Bottom rifle is Rem 7600 30-06 rebored to 338 with a B&C aftermarket stock. Wearing a Leupold 4x German #1 right now, but also gets a lot of time with a peep sight.

[Linked Image]

Top one is Rem 700 338-06.

But I would still love to own a factory rifle.
Sorry this thread went off topic a little, but I sent an email to Grice's asking if they could do a special run on 338-06's.

We will see.
oh hell yeah !

i want number 1 of 250 !

Originally Posted by CRS
Sorry this thread went off topic a little, but I sent an email to Grice's asking if they could do a special run on 338-06's.

We will see.

I sent several e-mails over the past few years asking for a carbine in .358 Winchester.

They just thank me for my interest.
Originally Posted by KDK

My thoughts exactly, assuming it's "matte blue" like a CDL and not an SPS or ADL. Would like even better if it was glossy blued like the old 700 Classics. Though I can't really stomach seven bills for one.

Gotta say, the "kool blue" lam does nothing for me. Believe their ad copy is wrong, as the 700 in the laminate looks like a CDL style stock and not BDL.
Originally Posted by biglmbass

Gotta say, the "kool blue" lam does nothing for me.

I'm guessing there will be about a dozen of those stocks in the classifieds in the coming months. grin
And under assumed names, I know I'd not want to have it look like I once owned one...grin

Dober
Originally Posted by mike103
I sent several e-mails over the past few years asking for a carbine in .358 Winchester.

I'd be one of the first in line to buy one too!

But I highly doubt they would do a special run of old competing comany's based caliber. ? I dunno, I would be shocked to see Mother Remington do anything with a 358 when they have other guns in 35 Whelen.... But I wish they would!
Originally Posted by BlackFrog

I'd be one of the first in line to buy one too!

But I highly doubt they would do a special run of old competing comany's based caliber. ? I dunno, I would be shocked to see Mother Remington do anything with a 358 when they have other guns in 35 Whelen.... But I wish they would!

I'd be in that line!!
Originally Posted by KDK

[Linked Image]

I got mine reserved, through my FFL dealer, this morning! grin The rifles should be available in late August or in September (according to my dealer when he spoke with Grice this morning).

-Bob F. smile
The Remington 6mm's are all on the short action, right?
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

I think so but I'm not 100% certain.

-Bob F.
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

I think so but I'm not 100% certain.

-Bob F.

Just got off the phone w/ them but didn't think to ask that. Did confirm that both of their 6mms have the smooth matte blue like the CDL model. To the best of my knowledge though, I don't believe Rem has ever offered a LA 6mm Rem.
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Dober

I could like that. You could do the same in .338 Federal and I'd bite as well.

George
7600 in 9.3x62...

Save me the build expense (though, it'd still be heavily modified).
What about a 7600 in 260 Rem??
760 carbine in 250 Savage..
Originally Posted by iflyguns

Speak of the devil, one of these rare gems went up on Gunbroker today. Check it out:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=173121141

Reserve starting at $1,200 and Buy it Now for $2,000.
Originally Posted by iflyguns

There you go:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=172566073

My mistake I thought you asked for a 280 not a 260.
CRS,
What kind of sights do you have on your 7600.
Also wht finish did you do on the metal and the stock.
I picked up a 7600 35 whelen and cutting the barrel to 20 inches and plan on new sights , stock and gun metal to make a northwoods whittail rifle. wanted something pretty rugged as going to Alaska next year on extended trip for fly fishing and thought it might make pretty good bear medicine.
The finish is the factory matte finish, the stock is a standard B&C. The rear peep is just a Williams and the front a plastic fiber optic replacement. Nothing fancy, but it works.

It is fun to play with.

I WOULD buy one of those blue stocked rifles if it was chambered in a 338-06, and would have to pass on the 358 Carbine.
Damn things caught the gay..... No way in hell I'm payin 7 bills for 7600.

Dang things can be had nearly anywhere for 3 and a half if you shop right...without the queer stock.

I'm probably the biggest 7600 fan on here, but damn.
Originally Posted by CRS

We will see.

+1 on the .358 Carbine. I have asked for the same in the past.

Swing and a Miss on the "cool blue". Give me satin walnut any day.

the wood stock appears to be the old 700 classic from teh origianl 700 classics of a few years back no black tip and straight rear comb

IT sure looks nice and that is a great price in all reality

I have never heard of Grice before do they get special runs annually? If so what have they had in the past?
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Dober

I could like that. You could do the same in .338 Federal and I'd bite as well.

George

I got tired of waiting for one in .338 Federal, so I made my own 20" carbine...Black laminate though, not blue grin

[Linked Image]
I purchased a 35 Whelen in the 7600 from Grice's a few years ago. (Thanks Mr. Elk, I really needed another Whelen). They were fine to deal with and everything came through with no trouble. I'm not much of a fan of the blue, but if the 7mm-08 were in walnut or the black laminate...
Karl
Originally Posted by nitis

I have never heard of Grice before do they get special runs annually? If so what have they had in the past?

They usually commission a few uniquely configured Rem spec run guns per year. Traditionally, over the years they've done lots of Rem 7600 rifles. Last year or the year before they put out some maple stocked & gloss blued CDL model 700s.
Originally Posted by blargon

I got tired of waiting for one in .338 Federal, so I made my own 20" carbine...Black laminate though, not blue grin

[Linked Image]

I like that very much. How did you do it? Rebarrel? Who did it for you?
Originally Posted by tzone

I like that very much. How did you do it? Rebarrel? Who did it for you?

Yes, re-barreled it with a #2 Douglas, 20". Had a shop up here do it. Its actually a fairly simple process...
I would love a M700 or an M760 carbine in .358 Win.
or a Model Seven in .35 Rem. not a custom shop, just
the regular Seven.
tzone , that is sweet ! I have a 760 in .358 with a 20" barrel . I have a .338 Fed. Ruger barrel that is going on a 7600 as soon as the right donor gun comes along . Are you hand loading for that rig ? I load the .308 and .358 with W-748 and I'm thinking it should work in the .338 too .
I would like one in .338 fed.
I love those 6mm too!!!
Originally Posted by oneoldsap
Are you hand loading for that rig ?

Running IMR 4895 with 225gr Interlocks... crazy grin
The ad says the 7600's have 24" bbls. Must be a mistake, no?
Thank you tzone , I do have that on hand .

Nooooooooooooooooooo Thanks.

Remington moves to NC and then all they can do is make some special guns for some gun shop with blue stocks and 24 inch barrels..... WTF is in the water? Are all the Walnut trees gone from the USA ?
© 24hourcampfire