Home
I have been looking at the new Model 70 Featherweights for some time now. I ran into one today that had a stock that looked like it belonged on a Supergrade without the raised cheek pad. WOW did it look great! Has anyone out there come across one like this?
Steelhead posted some pics last week of one he picked up and it had some nice looking wood. I'm sure it's destined to be replaced with a spin art stock though.
I've been reliably informed that a 300 Wizzum is one of the few cartridges that goes good with purple.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That's nice.
What are the prices running on these?
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've been reliably informed that a 300 Wizzum is one of the few cartridges that goes good with purple.

I have heard that as well....it came outta Idaho.

Scott what model McMillan will you get for the 300 WSM?
I actually don't know that I will, but if I do it will be an Edge of some sort. I've paid zero attention to what stocks are available for the M70.
Steelhead,

You appear to be a strong proponent of the 223AI. Would you tell us how much extra umph do you get by improving it? Loads?

Thanks

Jim
Familiar pic there Scott smile
It's called a Featherweight Deluxe. There are also Sporter Deluxes out there too. For a while you could steal them from Lipsey's for $600. Those are gone now, but some distributors still have some left in the upper $600 range, so street prices could be in the low $700s. But MSRP was about $1,000.
These were limited editions for 2008 that were introduced with the return of the M70. Didn't sell very well though. I like em and sold a few on gunbroker.
The 2008 limited edition models had XX stocks.

I found one that I liked. I am still working on the trigger.

Right now, I like the accuracy of my cooper just a bit better.
It could be my sheep rifle. Trigger is 4.5 lbs and I want three lbs.
I am going to put an old school Leupold 4X with target dot on it.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Attached picture limitedmodel70.jpg
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

This is my 30-06 FWT DLX.
Were those Deluxes made in SC or in New Haven? Sad to say it, but I'm not sure I'd want one that came out of New Haven the last 10 yrs they were making them.

Buddy of mine rushed out and bought 2 M70's when he heard they were closing that facility, both were problem children and he ended up selling one. He sent the other to Hill Country and they made a shooter out of it.

JM
South Carolina
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Were those Deluxes made in SC or in New Haven? Sad to say it, but I'm not sure I'd want one that came out of New Haven the last 10 yrs they were making them.

Buddy of mine rushed out and bought 2 M70's when he heard they were closing that facility, both were problem children and he ended up selling one. He sent the other to Hill Country and they made a shooter out of it.

JM

Thanks Ex. I saw (FN) in the OP's title, but I was under the impression that deluxe FWT's were also made in New Haven, I may be confused.
I just picked up my 1st M-70 Fwt. I've wanted on for a long time, but never took the plunge. This one happens to be a deluxe in .30-06. I figured I might as well get one with some nice wood!
What's the deal with the floor-plate though? How easy is it to swap it out? Are there better options?
Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire