Home
...trying to decide between ordering a High-Tech Specialties, B&C or MPI stock to build on a Rem Model Seven. Have heard/read good things on High Tech but haven't found much info on MPI - thx for any info
There are a lot of people who seem to have a hate on for the MPI stocks. I guess they used to be crappy a long time ago.

I purchased a MPI stock blank for a Ruger #1 this past fall and I'm still slowly working on getting it all fit and finished.

Im actually quite impressed with the stock.
I like doing the hands on work to get it all fit and finished so its a perfect stock for me.

Been thinking of ordering one to replace the plastic stock on my Ruger MK-II 30-06.

I've had half a dozen rifles built using them and never had a problem, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I too am looking at maybe having one put on a Ruger.
MPI = pure crap.

They have a history and not a good one.

I'm hungry for a popsicle..... smile
The guy that built my last custom thinks highly of them. Have given him less trouble than their only competition, the Brown Pounder. I'm speaking of the Kevlar versions. He installed alot of them. I've got two myself. He would sell and install them with a full refund guarantee. Only had one come back with a hairline crack, didn't go through. He repaired it and resold it to another customer with the same guarantee. That customer is very happy with it as I am with mine. One of my MPI stocked rifles has done two hard falls from shoulder height w/o damage, etc. E
I had a recent production kevlar model, it was great.

Guys love to talk up a photo of one with popsicle sticks from a few years back. More than MPI used to use some crazy things as filler in stocks. One smith found a hot dog wrapper in an old Brown. Times change...
Originally Posted by SU35
MPI = pure crap.

They have a history and not a good one.

Yup, junk.
Oh, just how many have you had experience with ?
Some years ago they did have a bad rep. But not for several years now. E
I have 2 of them and have not trouble with them. Easyier to finish than a Brown or at least they used to be.
I will have an opinion soon wink
The search function can be your friend...

LINK

hangunnr
Ramline have a more consistant "drop-in" fit than MPI.
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Ramline have a more consistant "drop-in" fit than MPI.

Ramline is a chunk of tupperware. Not even close to the same thing.
MPI's are not drop in, they require some work.
I bought one in 1987 and still shooting it, would not hesitate to buy another.
That's my beef as well, not a drop-in fit as they advertise. For what they charge, they should be though. McMillan has them beat by a mile.
Originally Posted by Eremicus
The guy that built my last custom thinks highly of them...E

Eremicus, is that the same guy that delivered a "custom Mauser" to you that didn't feed/function correctly ? Not surprised he thinks "highly" of them.
He didn't have the time to finish the rifle as he was going out of bussiness. Considering the action had never been made into a rifle, and was setup way back at the beginning of WWII for the 8X57 round, it's not surprising. It was a simple fix.
BTW, again, just how many MPI stocks have you owned or even seen ?
I've got a couple of McMillians as well. For those who think so much of them, I've had the following problems.
They forgot to add graphite to the Ruger stock. So they had to build another for me and eat the first one.
Sent me a BDL version of the Winchester Featherweight stock instead of the ADL version I ordered. Had to eat that one too.
The above stock's forend, inspite of their assurances, would distort when used with a shooting sling. That's why I sold it at a loss and had the MPI Kevalar Classic put on the rifle. That stock worked as advertised and weighed 14 ozs. less, ready to bolt up. E
I have two Rem model 7 rifles with Hi-Tech stocks on them. Both required lots of finish and fitting and ended up costing at least as much as a McMillan when done professionally. Good stocks though and I would do more. I also have two rifles with MPI stocks, one a reworked Win 88 and the other one a Model 70 in 300 Win Mag. No problems with either of these and would do them again also. MPI's also required finish and fit but not as much as the others on my guns.
I've said this 100 times on this site.People who buy MPI don't know how to properly inlet the stock nevermind how to set it up.

Most don't have the skills to finish it so they bitch about it.

Why should a drop-in require "skill to finish" and proper inletting ?
I've yet to hear Doc once call them a drop in.
Love mine. Dakota style on a 98 commercial action. The rifle lost a full pound of weight. Had Doc do the work and it's great. But, it was done long enough ago that it was $430 or thereabouts. No complaints at all.
MPI is the biggest POS,ever to enter the stock picture.

By quite a margin to boot................
MPI? Take your chances. IMO even if they improved their product I wouldn't give them my business. Very poor customer satisfaction regardless of their claims in all their ads. Read the "link" thread early in this discussion.
Originally Posted by Azshooter
MPI? Take your chances.

Or don't and just get a McMillan from the start.
Originally Posted by Azshooter
MPI? Take your chances.

Yep, like going to Vegas and betting on green...

Here's a look at MPI craftsmanship potential.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Crushed pillar, nonexistant lug contact allowing the rear action screw to contact the rear pillar. Bedding looking like it was trimmed with a chainsaw. Like I stated eleswhere, some lessons are learned the hard way.

hangunnr
You got a good one.....................(grin)
I know that look..it was done with chisels and a dremel tool...

Don't ask me how I know.... whistle
You Apprenticed at MPI?.....................(grin)
I have no issue with my MPI stock. I bought the blank knowing that I'd have to spend some time and effort getting it all fit and finished. It was bought as a winter project and I'm very happy with it.

MPI inletts for a lot of different firearms that other "large" manufactures dont.

My MPI stock was for a Ruger #1. Not a whole lot of choices for my particular rifle.

As a side note, I've been very happy with the customer service. I've contacted DOC with a few questions
and he's always been helpful and got right back to me.

Laminate trumps MPI...............
As much as I despise plywood stocks I'll have to agree with that.

hangunnr
hangunnr,

Awe just quit your crying and fix it with popsicle sticks and hot glue......just like MPI would. grin

Might make a good boat oar though......

Tony
Oh yea....answer to the post....High Tech (Bansner) by a landslide.

I have two, finished and bedded one myself, then had it painted. It came out great.

Tony
Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg
...trying to decide between ordering a High-Tech Specialties, B&C or MPI stock to build on a Rem Model Seven. Have heard/read good things on High Tech but haven't found much info on MPI - thx for any info

Georgiadawg,

Welcome to the fire. By your recent arrival (Registered: 01/18/11 Posts: 27) at the fire you may not be aware of a couple of unwritten rules.

If you say anything and I do mean anything positive about any stock other than McMillan or anything positive about any bullet other than a Barnes (not bad mouth them just say anything positive about any other) you will find yourself under attack. Just the way it is around here.

shoot straight

8mmwapiti

Hardly.

But schit floats and MPI has more freeboard than anything else...............
....LMAO...thanks for the warning and welcome 8mmwapiti!
I have 1 MPI Kevlar and 1 Brown Kevlar. just My opinion,but,the Brown is by far a better stock.
That ain't an opinion.

Thatsa fact............
With a McMillan, drop-in means you'll need a screwdriver.

With MPI drop-in means you'll need to be certified in auto body repair
Should buy a couple more,just for giggles.................(grin)
The guy that made my last custom has had a few, not many, Brown Pounders delaminate from hot weather and exposure to sunlight.
The only problem any of his customers have had with an MPI was a hair line crack behind the trigger guard. It has not craked through after a simple repair on the current rifle.
The stock shown in the picture is no where near what mine looked liked as semi finished and inleted stocks. Odviously a much older MPI from the bad old days.
I'd also point out that it's really easy to make a drop in a stock. All it has to do is be inletted on the sloppy side. and it drops right in. On the other hand, if it's a tad tight, it is pretty easy to relive that tight fit.
BTW, neither of my MPI's or my McMillians are pilar bedded. Simply not needed with a properly built stock that has a good strong bedding area. Yes, they have been removed and replaced several times since I got them. Like my McMillian stocked rifles, I've never had to rezero either of them. E
Nothing "sloppy" about McMillan's drop-in fit but you'd have to have owned one to know that.
I have owned three of them. Still have two. I think very highly of them. They are cut very close to proper dimensions because they use very accurate CNC like equipement to inlet their stocks.
BTW, again, how many MPI stocks do you or have you owned ? None ?
Just how many McMillians have you owned or do you own ? E
First and only MPI was to go on a Husky that had a barrel channel that wouldn't line up w/o butchering it to death. Sent that one off to McMillan for a MR stock which it still wears. Second McMillan was on a 30 STW built by Hart. Third McMillan is on my 280 Ackley built by Hart. Maybe you've seen the pics I've posted of mine dozens of times here. Now where are the pictures of yours ?
I'm only 2 MPI's deep,to 50 or so McMillan's................
I've had a Brown Pound'r for about 19 yrs. now. The first coat of bubble paint had worn off, so now it's on the second or third coat of paint? Looks as good as the day I bought it. No complaints here.
I've seen your pics........should I wait for Eremicus's ?
Reminds me...got some McMillan handles laying loose,that I should oughtta bolt up.

But I'm preppin' paint....................(grin)
You've some work ahead of you to out do that yeller and white one. I have faith in ya though.

hangunnr
We'll see how it goes,but the inkling is promisin'...............
Hey all. I am new here and thought this thread was an interesting one. I have 5 MPI stocks and love them. They do require alot of work and that MPI says that the stocks are a "drop in" is a joke. They do require alot of work and skill. But, properly pillar bedded MPI stocks are excellent. When finished, they are a 1:1 fit with the bbl'd action and accuracy has always been great. Never heard the popcicle story! Funny! For the record, nothing against McMillan, just my opinion. :-))
They are single handedly,the biggest pieces of schit on the market and by a huge margin...................
Still don't have the ability to post pics. Haven't figured out which program or how to find such a program to post pictures with.
How long ago did you try an MPI ? They were a pretty sorry stock at one time. E
And how long ago were the MPI stocks you've tried made ? In the last 5 plus years, they've become one of the very best. E
The problems they, the Pounder's, have had were all ones that were subjected to lots of heat. Not many, but a few delaminated under heat stress. E
Several pards tried recently and the schit still floats.

Absolutely bottomrung dog schit.....................
While you weren't addressing me, the one I posted pix of is only 3 yrs old. If they were worse 5 yrs ago I can only imagine what a utter POS they were then. Once I've handled a turd I can't find it compelling to pick up another to verify my initial findings.

If they were satisfied with the quality of the bedding job they sent me I can only imagine what kinda crap lies under the mediocre paint job.

hangunnr
I have been working with them since about 2000. I do all the work myself and as said before, I personally have not ever had a problem with one. What have you all been experiencing as far as problems go? I use acraglas gel with atomized aluminum added for a full length bedding job, then paint with Zolotone. They turn out great.
Here's one from that late 80's or early 90's. As were most if not all synthetics from those yrs it required a good bit of work. My mid 80's Brown Precision was the same way. The owner was only interested in having it finished to the point of basic function. All that being said it is a very rigid and stable stock. Absolutely no problems at all with it. And NO I'm not cutting it to look for the elusive popsicle sticks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now if it was mine I'd be shortening the forend a bit. Ya listening Rich?
The MPI I had was back in the mid 90's and haven't tried one since. The only thing you need to post pictures is a digital camera with a USB cord to load on your PC. Sign up for free to Photobucket and begin posting.
I've posted pics with Photobucket in the past. With my new computer, I need to select a program that will work with it. E
Not what I've found at all, Big Stick.
Mine were purchased semi inletted and fitted by my local gun maker. The stocks weighed 18 ozs. or a fraction more ready to bolt up. Neither mine or any other he installed, and we are talking several dozen here, have any significant problems. Only one had a surface crack which was easily repaired.
Here is the best part. It took a grand total of seven weeks from the time I placed the order until the new stock was on the rifle and shooting. Total cost to me was over $100 less than an McMillian Edge, and they are available for almost everything unlike the 24 oz. Edge. They don't reguire pillars as their webbing area is plenty strong. E
Eremicus, with a new computer, they usually have sometype of basic editing software installed. If you have a digital camera and a connecting cord (or better yet a card reader) the editing program will start up as soon as you plug them in. Don't know what system your running and this stuff usually is pretty easy to figure out as I'm not a computer wiz myself either.
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Not what I've found at all, Big Stick.
Mine were purchased semi inletted and fitted by my local gun maker. The stocks weighed 18 ozs. or a fraction more ready to bolt up. Neither mine or any other he installed, and we are talking several dozen here, have any significant problems. Only one had a surface crack which was easily repaired.
Here is the best part. It took a grand total of seven weeks from the time I placed the order until the new stock was on the rifle and shooting. Total cost to me was over $100 less than an McMillian Edge, and they are available for almost everything unlike the 24 oz. Edge. They don't reguire pillars as their webbing area is plenty strong. E

I've seen "free" be VERY expensive. If MPI rated a thunk,I'd simply drive them.

They are utter dogschit,in all regards,thus the ease in kicking them aside,in order to get to something good.

I'll happily wait upon the best..............
Just so you know, the Edge fill is available in any of McMillan's stock pattern.
Sounds like we're talking about Cadillacs, Chevy's and Yugo's. McM, definitely a Caddy, B&C prob. a Chevy and well, guess who gets to drive the Yugo...? From the photos earlier on this post, think I'd rather take my chances driving a Yugo. And, I like to do bedding, have even stooped to Bondo on occasions. But if those pictures are an accurate representation of an MPI, then I agree with Stick's assessment. Guess I'm fortunate to have never tackled one.

DF
E is still trying to find the eye box in his scope in order to see the detailed dog [bleep] in an MPI stock. And yes E, before you ask me how many McMillans I have...well, quite a few. Still amazes me how ignorant someone can be after spending so much time on this forum over the course of many years. There is a wealth of knowledge to be partaken of here, people that have been there done that. You can lead a horse to water...... Flinch
Just so you know, the Edge fill is available in any of McMillan's stock pattern.

I don't think it is available for a Ruger 77.
If the pix posted was from a rifle done by MPI, I would be surprised. There are alot of folks out there who claim to know how to properly bed a stock, but don't have a clue and then blame it on the stock. Sure, it's easy to drop your Remmy into a production run stock just like thousands of others, but then is it really custom? I'm not going to call your rifle or production stock "schitty" or say it's not worthy. I'm just not getting the discontent for MPI. You just have to get someone who knows what they're doing to do it properly.
Folks who know,simply know MPI to be dog schit...because they quite simply are.............
Originally Posted by like2shoot

I don't think it is available for a Ruger 77.

Thank God MPI has them covered then. They're made for each other
They must be if you say so Mr Big Stick! I feel enlightened....
Taking notes,will certainly speed you along.

Thank me again,later.............
I know you can't necessarily tell the quality of a product based on the place its being built, but if anyone is ever in Portland, you might get a kick out of driving by their "factory". Place looks like an abandoned crackhouse.
Someone just got "enlightened-er" and is furiously scribblin' notes..................(grin)
I scribbled my notes a long time ago. Thats why I have all my sub-moa rifles stocked with MPI's. True 1:1 custom fit. Just sayin...
Someone awoke from her nap,a leetle cranky.

If I schit into a ZipLoc,it's "custom fit" too. How much do you want?.................
I can see how you have racked up 33361 posts with all the bs and schmart arsed posts. Must be pretty boring up in Alaska!
I can't see...how anyone with an IQ over 16,would find MPI "viable"...............
33366! Keep em going!
Sure.

This will be funny. Let's see a picture of a "good" MPI stock.

Laffin'!.................
I'm going to load some ammo for the range. go refill your drink cup. lots of folks are depending on all of your expertise and your advice tonight!
Who didn't see you running away,when asked to show an MPI that wasn't a POS.

I'll feign my "surprise".

Laffin!..................
The ziplock bit had me rollin'.
How much did he order?
3 sacks,in assorted sizes.................
Firm, Chunky, or otherwise?....
Yes...variety pack................
8mmwapiti, I beleave, you have hit the nail on the head. There are some that feel, it is there way, or no way. I am right, and you are stupid. I can easily see, from the posts, that the Big Stdick is one of those. Just about anything negitive that he posts should be discarded in the trash folder. My opinion. And we all know that opinions are like poot holes. Everybody has one, and you are intitled to yours. But if you sound like a broken record, you are the only one, that likes the music.
What actions did you stick your MPI stocks upon and what were your thoughts in their regard?

Thanks................
I don't want to get sucked into the Witty Banter, that you are well known for. I have MPI stocks on all of my "glass stocked firearms" Everything from my 3 1/4 lb. 223 Mini MK X to my 90 lb. 338-378 WBY. Also my Ambi. Thumbhole, Ruger #1, with a Manlicher, full length forend. I have bedded several hundred, not dozen, firearmes into MPI Stocks, of all configurations. I have also installed stocks, from most major makers. All have their good and bad points. My "Opinion" is that MPI makes a good quality product. It is truly a custom, hand laminated, stock, that can be ordered in any configuration, that you may need or want. From a 10 oz. graphite/Kevlar blank, to a heavy 6X laminate, capable of dealing with the heaviest calibres. They also make stocks for many firearms that are not offered by the other makers, Colt Sauer, Golden Eagle, Kliengunther, Win. 100 and 88, thumbhole Ruger #1, etc. Their stock blanks are NOT for the biginner, as they require proper fitting and bedding. That is why MPI offers stocks, at any level of completion you may be able to tackle. Call them and ask.
Also I know that anybody can take a picture, and post it, with negative remarks. But people know from all the photos on the net, that you can make any photo to look as good or bad as you want. I can cross sction any fiberglass stock made, install popsickle sticks, valve springs, or sheetrock screws, and make claims, that that is how the stock was made. It wouldn't be true, but to somebody that dosn't know that much about how the stocks are made, they might beleave it. If a couple posters,with big posting#s, that may have an agenda, chime in, and say it is true. Than that person will beleave it for sure. People, please don't be fooled by all of the hate and discontent spread by a hanfull.
I am a Custom Rifle Smith, by trade. Thet is, I make my living, and pay my bills doing this. I do not have the time to sit around the PC going back and forth with you over this, so enough said. Have a Great Day
Originally Posted by 440dodger
I don't want to get sucked into the Witty Banter, that you are well known for. I have MPI stocks on all of my "glass stocked firearms" Everything from my 3 1/4 lb. 223 Mini MK X to my 90 lb. 338-378 WBY. Also my Ambi. Thumbhole, Ruger #1, with a Manlicher, full length forend. I have bedded several hundred, not dozen, firearmes into MPI Stocks, of all configurations. I have also installed stocks, from most major makers. All have their good and bad points. My "Opinion" is that MPI makes a good quality product. It is truly a custom, hand laminated, stock, that can be ordered in any configuration, that you may need or want. From a 10 oz. graphite/Kevlar blank, to a heavy 6X laminate, capable of dealing with the heaviest calibres. They also make stocks for many firearms that are not offered by the other makers, Colt Sauer, Golden Eagle, Kliengunther, Win. 100 and 88, thumbhole Ruger #1, etc. Their stock blanks are NOT for the biginner, as they require proper fitting and bedding. That is why MPI offers stocks, at any level of completion you may be able to tackle. Call them and ask.
Also I know that anybody can take a picture, and post it, with negative remarks. But people know from all the photos on the net, that you can make any photo to look as good or bad as you want. I can cross sction any fiberglass stock made, install popsickle sticks, valve springs, or sheetrock screws, and make claims, that that is how the stock was made. It wouldn't be true, but to somebody that dosn't know that much about how the stocks are made, they might beleave it. If a couple posters,with big posting#s, that may have an agenda, chime in, and say it is true. Than that person will beleave it for sure. People, please don't be fooled by all of the hate and discontent spread by a hanfull.
I am a Custom Rifle Smith, by trade. Thet is, I make my living, and pay my bills doing this. I do not have the time to sit around the PC going back and forth with you over this, so enough said. Have a Great Day

Great yarn!

Especially enjoyed the "biginner"...which I reckon trumps a "bigoutty"?!!?

I needn't call anyone,I've suffered their [bleep] dogschit and couldn't punt it out the door fast enough.

"Beleave" me!

Laffin'!................

Just took some pix of a 6.5x55 Norwegian Krag with an MPI Mannlicher stock and a Rem 700 25-06 with a MPI tactical stock. They won't download for some reason though. Not runnin anywhere, just need to figure this out. More later.
I've seen schit...no need to hurry...............
Didn't expect to you to call anyone. As you already, know it all and tell it all. Not sure what the "bigoutty?!!?" is all about, but if you are Laffin, Then maybe I have brought you some joy and happyness. My day is looking up already. Well I have to get back to work. Have a Great Day
Rather compelling endorsement for sure.

Appreciate humor of that magnitude!

Obliged................
Regarding MPI's, if they are junk then Lex Webernick uses junk. I have my doubts about Lex using junk, jack!
i put a kevlar on my 600 rem in 358 win this year. it was a bit more work than i expected but when it was done it is 6.5 lb with leupold 4 power , loaded, with sling. just what i wanted. im happy.
Big Schtick, I think you are a bald faced lying sack with an agenda.

I have a Winchester Mod 70 in 300 Wby that has a 25 year old McMillan and I have a Harrington & Richardson Ultra Wildcat in 17 Rem with a twenty year old MPI on it and I have a 788 in 22-250 with a twenty five year old MPI on it and I have a 788 in 243 Win with a three year old MPI on it and all of these stocks are equally excellent.

The paint is all scratched off all of them and it doesn't really matter. These stocks have all outlasted multiple barrels and are actually all equally rigid in the.

I have been by MPI a few times and really could care less that they do business out of an old building. Why would I? I do expect a response to that question.

To be brutally honest I doubt you have much experience at all in the field. You really impress me as more of a loudmouth obnoxious drunk than an avid sportsman. I wish I could say that you are unique, buy your type is actually quite common.
JD,

You are late on this thread. I hate MPI as I was taken hard and lost $500. MPI still has my stock and my money.

Sure Big Stick is outspoken and his written style is sometimes hard to follow and can get obnoxious at times, BUT his information is usually very informative and accurate. If you read enough of his posts you'd know that.

Read his turret tutorial sometime. Or how to fix feeding issues with a rifle.
I sent my first rifle to Portland to be stocked back about 1988 or so and that gun is a 788 w/Canjar trigger and 26" Lilja barrel and it looks like crap, but shoots and shoots and shoots and when it quits it needs a new barrel. I shoot it off bipod, rests, tight sling and rested off my knees. The gun has shot .3 inch groups w/Sierra 1365 & 1390 bullets (ten shots). It has a factory contour barrel.

Ditto my 243, except it has factory barrel and a Timney. Not as accurate, but a solid 5/8" ten shot shooter. I have only been shooting it for three years, but it is already all scraped up and is not babied in any way. The work was done by the man who posted a rebuttal above. I suspect with a serious attempt at load development that this rifle has a little more accuracy potential, but it shoots good enough to kill rockchucks at 500 yards and that is about all that I care about accuracy wise.

My Ultra Wildcat is 17 Rem and doesn't show the wear, because it doesn't get the rough and tumble that a predator rifle does. Buy it isn't babied at all and it shoots around a half inch group and this gun weighs a little over five lbs. it was stocked in Oregon about 1992 or so.

MPI actually bedded my model 70 that is in a McMillan stock, after I mentioned to them that the gun was obviously not bedded correctly. It is a 300 Wby push feed gun and it has shot about 3/4 inch three shot groups ever since he day it was bedded and that was about 15 years ago. Prior to that it shot about inch and three quarters groups.

You want to know that they said when I expressed frustration with how it shot after I put it in the McMillan stock? They said "McMillan makes a very high quality stock, send it down to our shop and let us take a look at the bedding. I bet we can find some minor problem with it, I'm certain it is just some little thing we can fix."

That is why when I stumbled across this thread I was somewhat taken aback by what I was reading. If you want my opinion on a stock that is way over rated, let's talk about HS Precision, or any stock with an aluminum bedding block in it for that matter. These damnable things are a disaster, you have to sight them in whenever the temp varies by fifteen degrees from where it was last sited in or you won't know where they are hitting. They are fine for a prairie dog or chuck gun, or if you don't expect to use a gun in 50 degree western WA one weekend and 15 degree central or eastern WA the next Hunting predators.

I live in Tacoma and Pacific Research used to make stocks on Vashon about five miles from my front door. That was one hell of a good stock IMO and I still have a couple.
Oh and the reason I recognize that the man posting above is who stocked my 243, is that I sent the gun to Arapaho and I see that he is from Arapaho.
I did take your advice, in a fashion, and randomly read what BSer has posted.

There are a couple of reasons that I carry my custom made ear plugs wherever I go, the first is that someone may offer me the chance to shoot something and the other is that every so often I like to stop and order a cool beer.

If I did not have my ear plugs readily available in the pocket of my trousers I would be subjected to listening to the local version of BSer or would have the option of walking off and leaving a beer I paid good money for.

I have little tolerance for loudmouth obnoxious drunks and can assure you that I have wasted as much time reading anything this insufferable buffoon has posted or ever will post as I intend to. If he does have anything of value to add, separating the wheat from the chaff is far more trouble than it is worth.
© 24hourcampfire