Home
They've got pictures of the bullet at impact speeds from 1900 to 3200 fps, showing what happens with it. Not a pretty sight IF you are the sort who wants 100% weight retention! But I give them major props for full disclosure as to what to expect from this product.

On the other side, the damn boxes are not really recloseable, which is annoying.

Anyway...

Hmmm... I'll try to get a decent picture of the box...
http://www.nosler.com/Bullets/Ballistic-Tip.aspx
Jeff, haven't seen the impact photos you mentioned, however I'm in total agreement with Nosler's new boxes, a real pain in the butt.
It just occurred to me you mean the pictures on the box. Yes I have seen them. I need another beer.
Those pictures were the deal breaker for me. I'll never use them again.
Here is a 100 gr. B.T. shot from my 25-06. My dad shot a buck last fall with it at about 40 yards.It was a reload,and I was using 51 grains of IMR 4350.The bullet passed through the deer and lodged under the skin,I think it done a great job for just a 40 yard shot.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Look at some of the pictures in the recovered bullets post in general big game, I have sworn off BTs as well. GRF
I have used B.T bullets for several years,and have never lost a deer that I shot with one.Know if I ever get drawn for a Elk tag here in Ky,I would use the Accubond in my 7mm mag,but for deer the B.T is the only bullet I will use.
Loves me some ballistic tips. And I don't mind driving them in the neighborhood of 3700 fps.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
If the pictures of your recovered bullets are typical, I don't see a problem, at least not for deer.
Must have been a tracking nightmare. grin
Very difficult. Not sure how I ever found either of those.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

On the other side, the damn boxes are not really recloseable, which is annoying.

If you cut the boxes where I put the red lines, the inside of the box will slide out and the when you are done, you can push it back in. Just dont break the seal where the outside "wrap" of cardboard is glued and it will all say intact.

[Linked Image]
There are only 50 in a box. I can load those at one sitting and not worry about the box.
Originally Posted by GRF
Look at some of the pictures in the recovered bullets post in general big game, I have sworn off BTs as well. GRF

I agree. There's nothing more telling than evaluating failed bullets taken from dead animals.
I just dont get the bad rap b-tips have? I have used them for years with nothing but great results.
Stick must have said they sucked...
Ballistic Tips kill like lighting.

It is baffling why someone would judge the bullet by a picture instead of what they do on game.

My "blood trails" are a deer laying in a puddle of blood exactly where I shot it!

Originally Posted by Tennessee
Ballistic Tips kill like lighting.

It is baffling why someone would judge the bullet by a picture instead of what they do on game.

My "blood trails" are a deer laying in a puddle of blood exactly where I shot it!

Agreed, a bullet that expends all its energy in the critter is gonna work. Dont think I would shoot a moose with one but for deer there tops. Bang flop with boaring regularity
Well despite popular opinion, I shot three deer last season with BTs and all three bullets exited AND left horrific damage to the vitals.

A bullet that partially fragments has the potential to make wide wound channels or MULTIPLE wound channels. I believe that is the magic of the BT.
the manager of the store where I shop likes the new boxes.
They stack.
He pointed to his bullet shelf.
Sure enough, the Hornady, Sierra, Speer Barnes bullets all stack neatly four or 5 high. Noslers in the old packs start leaning to the left on the second level.

But no matter how they stack. We kill the hell out of stuff with ballistic tips. Don't hunt elk, moose or griz, but put down my share of varmints hogs, deer and exotics.
GWB

[Linked Image]
7mag, 150 gr. ballistic tip (pass through on big one, second was collateral damage, a twofer)

[Linked Image]
270 win., 130 gr ballistic tip

[Linked Image]
7 mag, 150 gr. ballistic tip

[Linked Image]
325 WSM, 180 gr ballistic tip

[Linked Image]
270 WSM, 130 gr. ballistic tip

[Linked Image]
260 Rem, 120 gr. ballistic tip

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03139-2.jpg[/img]
308 win, 150 gr. ballistic tip

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC00056-2.jpg[/img]
7 mag, 150 gr ballistic tip(s) and a good morning!
Seen the new boxes, haven't used them, imagine a bit of duck tape will take care of the closing challenge.

As for how they kill, I'll go off my own experiences and I've been using them since they came out as my main go to bullet for most all that move.

Big guns, lil guns they all shoot em well. They have very good BC's, I've hardly ever seen any stay in an animal (and that includes a tonnage of elk killed with them). So for me I could care less what the pics show as I've seen first hand how they'll handle their biz..

Dober
Side note, with my 7 Mashburn Super (150) or my 338/06 (200)
and there is darn lil and I mean darn lil game in this world that I'd not take on...

Dober
If a gun can't group with ballistic tips, it is a turd.
Originally Posted by passport
I just dont get the bad rap b-tips have? I have used them for years with nothing but great results.
Betcha most of the rap comes from guy's who rarely hunt, or have killed very few deer. No doubt it's a great bullet. I've killed over 50 whitetail w/95gr BT and recently returned from Texas with 'Yukonal where I took 8-9 hogs out to 300 yards. .243 w/95gr BT makes a great combo for killing.

And they were all DRT-one shot kills. Well, except that one that I finished off with the 6.8. grin

Love the NBT's. Always done the job for me.
Those 95gr ballistic tips have a good rep. Shoot great in my 243, but have only shot one animal with them. Bang-flop.
I've used both the 70 and the 95 NBT's to fill several arks via my 6/06. To date, never kept one in a head of game.

Thinking the count on lopes/bruins/bighorns/deer and elks is something in the range of 50-60 tween several of us guys via flight 70 NBT and so far non have stay'd inside.. wink

Dober
How do they compare to the SST
They got bad press because the early BT's had the habit of coming apart.

I think the wounds produced may also turn some meat hunters off.

JM
I love them on Whitetails... and shoot nothing else on deer.
My experience with a 165 BT out of a 30-06 vs a 265 lb black bear @ 75 yards. Complete pass through, dead bear in it's tracks.
I had a bad experience with the 100gr blue tips. Other than that I like them.

I could give a [bleep] about boxes.

Travis
One day I shot this at 300+yards with my 7mm Mag and a 140 BT.

[Linked Image]

6 hours later or so, I shot this with the same rig at about 30 yards.

[Linked Image]

Pretty darn versatile bullet....worked perfectly on both...

Yep, I have seen the new box and have no problems with it. Cut the sticker like Deertracker said and it is you have a re-usable and well closed box.

The pictures on the box are a neat disclosure but shouldn't be anything new to most.

By the way, that is an AWESOME mulie Tom!
I shot a doe year before last, standing broad side at 140 yards, with my .308 using 125 gr ballistic tips. She ran about forty yards with a double lung, complete pass through. While following the trail there were chunks of lung scattered along the blood trail, some as large as a ping pong ball. I have always wondered if they came out the hole on the off side or out her nose. I have used these on several deer with good results and love the 120 gr in my 7mm08 ackley. I have never lost a deer with either one. miles
I've used nothin' else in my 25-06s, since the 100gr Btip hit the market. Over 54 grains of IMR 4831, they suit me fine in all three rifles.

Hard to fault a bullet, when there's a dead deer on the ground each time the trigger has been employed? Or a mangled woodchuck flying thru the air.

Never had a problem with the original ones, doubt the newer ones will cause me any grief?

The 165s have worked well on whitetails from a 30-06, as well.
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Yep, I have seen the new box and have no problems with it. Cut the sticker like Deertracker said and it is you have a re-usable and well closed box.

The pictures on the box are a neat disclosure but shouldn't be anything new to most.

By the way, that is an AWESOME mulie Tom!

Thank you for the kind compliment....
That is a VERY nice buck!

I am always astonished by people who take a look at an expanded bullet and firmly say, "Oh no! It expanded! That won't work!" Especially when the bullet is from a dead animal.
If all I had were NBT, I'm sure I'd make it work. I happen to think a little bit more highly though of other bullets that hold together a little bit better than the NBT though and they get my $.
I've used both the 180 30 cals - the very first BTs I could buy, when they came in only three colors- on moose with complete pass through results, and also the 200 BTs in the 340 when they still came in 100 count boxes. The 340 has always kept them in the moose I've shot, but the bullets have remained intact almost every time. The only downside to using BTs has been the result when hunting animals that might be killed on the move (when shots end up being elsewhere than desired, usually behind of where.) They can be messy, if effective. But that is exactly the same issue I have with Interlocks and Pro-Hunters. Wolves are so solid that the BT can be nice in that they kill very well without leaving a big messy exit as some of the bullets with greater integrity tend to do.

I like expanding bullets to expand, but I agree that the resulting bullets recovered are only a part of the story, and usually they at least suggest that something big was hit, moved, and/or destroyed in the process.
I don't worry if the box is not resealable because I load all 50 up at once.

Some people crack me up..

Originally Posted by RDFinn
There's nothing more telling than evaluating failed bullets taken from dead animals.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I am always astonished by people who take a look at an expanded bullet and firmly say, "Oh no! It expanded! That won't work!" Especially when the bullet is from a dead animal.
BT's were my bullet of choice. smile
They've got pictures of the bullet at impact speeds from 1900 to 3200 fps, showing what happens with it. Not a pretty sight IF you are the sort who wants 100% weight retention! But I give them major props for full disclosure as to what to expect from this product.

Anyway...

You have got to be f'kin' kidding me.....
I still long for the solid base designed bullet.
When I ran out and tried the new and improved BT they blew a fist sized hole in a whitetail deer at 200 yards out of my 270.
They made them a little tougher and now I have used them in many other calibers.
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Anyway...

You don't get annoyed when you have to spend 1.5 seconds putting a strip of electrical tape on a bullet box to keep it shut?
Kind a piss-poor box design that can't be securely closed once opened, IMHO, but that wasn't my point, halibut-breath.

Point is, I think it's cool they put the photos of the expanded bullet(s) on the box- especially considering that the higher-impact-velocity ones ain't pretty. A good visual for folks as to what to expect.
How long was the decision making process of whether to pay with cash or a credit card? Three trips to the store?
I have some good "visuals" too. Lots of dead deer.
I shoot lots of them Roy but have only kilt one deer with one (7-08). It was impressive! Decisive.

Be interesting to see if they continue the theme with the NPT and NAB... the pics I mean...
The picture theme ? I'm at a loss as to why that matters.
I'm an artist� among troglodytes <grin>...

Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Anyway...

You don't get annoyed when you have to spend 1.5 seconds putting a strip of electrical tape on a bullet box to keep it shut?

I generally just load the damned bullets when I open the box, and toss the box.

Solves a lot of consternation, it seems.
The box? It will work I'm sure. The pictures? Well BTs have been known to expand. The description? What counts?

"The hunting Ballistic Tip bullet is an excellent choice for thin-skinned game such as antelope, deer and sheep. The more you hunt, the more you start to realize how unpredictable and unforgiving nature can be. This is why Nosler engineered the Ballistic Tip Hunting bullet to be very predictable and extremely forgiving. Whether you are after whitetails, blacktails, mulies or pronghorn, Ballistic Tip bullets deliver the kind of accuracy, consistency and down range punch required for putting down that buck or goat in any situation."

I'm sure with that information, a lot of elk and other non-included critters are jumping out of freezers right now...
Nope. Others here have proven them to be adequate for the non-included and I take their experience as fact.

Nosler seems to be hedging their bet however. Perhaps all the internet BS of NBTs failures has finally taken its toil.

Addition: Then again they do have to also push accubonds and partitions. grin
It's no secret what the terminal effects include. Personally, I'd rather be tossing a higher BC Amax, which offers similar terminal effects and shoots like a dream with very little effort out of most of my rifles.
How does that Hornady box work for you.....lol
Truth is they all seem to work when we put them in the right place. Personal preference seems to be based/biased on which camp we place our tent.

As you said previously you would make them work, but you prefer something more stout.
I've been shooting Nosler 2nds that come in plastic bags since the 80's and the lack of pictures, stackability, or re-closing has really taken a toll on me! grin
I just unpacked a bunch of Accubonds and Partitions at work the other day in the new boxes and they both have pictures of the bullets at different speeds too. If you look on their website, about the only boxes that dont have pictures are the Custom Competition, Ballistic Tip lead free, and their Solids. Everything else has pictures including their handgun bullets.
See, I think that's great. It'd be cool to see on Sierra's... Hornady's... and so on. Picture being worth a thousand words and all. smile
It would be even more cool to take your own pictures. smile
Wouldn't it though..................
Originally Posted by doubletap
It would be even more cool to take your own pictures. smile
It would be even more cool to take your own pictures.

Fixt it for Ya!
I've got a couple, but it's awfully hard to stop a bullet in a critter...

Did catch a 225-gn Partition from my .358 in a deer. That surprised me.
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
I've used both the 70 and the 95 NBT's to fill several arks via my 6/06. To date, never kept one in a head of game.

Thinking the count on lopes/bruins/bighorns/deer and elks is something in the range of 50-60 tween several of us guys via flight 70 NBT and so far non have stay'd inside.. wink

Dober

Mark, Have you seen any discernible difference between how a 95 and a 70 work? Could you tell the difference in terminal effects? Or are they pretty much interchangeable?
Originally Posted by ingwe
It would be even more cool to take your own pictures.

Fixt it for Ya!

Thanks! You are a scholar and a gentleman. grin
Originally Posted by castandblast
I've been shooting Nosler 2nds that come in plastic bags since the 80's and the lack of pictures, stackability, or re-closing has really taken a toll on me! grin

How did you make it though the years of all that mental anguish? My new criteria for selecting a hunting bullet is "Does the box close"...
You guys should get together and form a clit clique <grin>...
Oh wait, you did.

Where's Rancho?

How did you make it though the years of all that mental anguish? My new criteria for selecting a hunting bullet is "Does the box close"...

Better start a new thread: "Campfire Poll: which brand of bullet has the best closing box". Better yet, make it a "Cult of the re-closing bullet box" thread.

Be sure and do a "Gear Review" so we know which brand came out on top! grin
I'm an aardv�rk amongst termites.... grin....

Better start a new thread: "Campfire Poll: which brand of bullet has the best closing box". Better yet, make it a "Cult of the re-closing bullet box" thread.

Be sure and do a "Gear Review" so we know which brand came out on top! grin

Better yet, I should do a box review, on boxes I've never used, and then argue about which box works best, despite never have ever opened and closed the boxes..

Just think how many would be enlightened! And it would be so much less tiring for your hands if you never actually opened any of the boxes! You sir, are a genious!
Damn, I never did consider boxes that wouldn't tire out my hands.. Do they make a rubber coated box, that I could open and close all day, without getting tired hands?
Dunno.

The pressing question is do you have the capability to produce a chart with the results of what you didn't do?
Y'all are just pissed cause, sans umlats and tildes 'n chit your writing lacks �lan................. whistle
Plus it is a crappy box with cool pictures, and the truth doth h�rn you �p from time to time...

Lol. I'm not even toggling you two, I have no idea what you are saying! grin
Dunno.

The pressing question is do you have the capability to produce a chart with the results of what you didn't do?

Damn that's funny..
After reading all this stuff about the new box, I just had to go out and open one of the new 3-pack of 150 7mm's that came in the other day.

Amazingly enough, it opened really easily to the same technique that opened other boxes of bullets over the years: Slicing the paper over any place that looked like it covers a cardboard flap. Took about 10 seconds.

It went back together even quicker. It ain't a Rubik's Cube.
Gotta say I do really like the Speer/Barnes boxes. I use them for shell holders and misc stuff all the time. To bad my Partitions don't show up in Speer/Barnes boxes.

Just saying.
Yeah, I like the plastic bullet boxes myself, for the same reason. Sometimes I wish the lid-latch on the Speer boxes was as secure as on the Barnes boxes, though....
Tired hands... TFF!!

Toggle boy creates a new classic with his struggles with a bullet box and their pictures..
Dunno nuthin' about no 3-pack.

But the 50-ct box has a flap glued down that once she's pulled up, there 'taint no way to close that beach up securely agin'. That ain't right in a proper-bilt box.

Ain't no thang. I like the bullet pics, think the box is a bit silly, and like green chile in my scrambled eggs......... lol...
Dunno nuthin' about no 3-pack.

But the 50-ct box has a flap glued down that once she's pulled up, there 'taint no way to close that beach up securely agin'. That ain't right in a proper-bilt box.

Ain't no thang. I like the bullet pics, think the box is a bit silly, and like green chile in my scrambled eggs......... lol...

[bleep], I can be so prescient sometimes.. grin
JB,
You're right the Barnes box is a definate step above Speer box. Not really in the same class...
Agreed. I keep Barnes boxes for keeping liitle stuff in.
Now if they could just get their bullets right............. whistle
I've found that with some rounds the old Barnes boxes work awfully good to toss extra rounds in my day pack. And, the way I shoot I need all the xtra rounds I can carry..<g>

Dober
Ol' Spray-n-Pray, they cal ya!
Dat B me...grin

Dober
You guys should get together and form a clit clique <grin>...

Jeff, the only clique around here is the clique of guys who didn't vote for Obama. Unfortunately, that leaves you out. frown
That's not really a clique. More like a mob!
Jeff, go back to the first page and look at the picture I put up. Cut on those red lines with the next box you get. Life will be much easier.
Jeff,
I'm concerned about you. If you do much shooting, dealing with those boxes could give you carpal tunnel syndrome.
Originally Posted by DeerTracker
Jeff, go back to the first page and look at the picture I put up. Cut on those red lines with the next box you get. Life will be much easier.

Lol. You guys and this whole box thing. Sheesh! grin

Put simply: the old box was better, significantly so. But who cares? I just tossed it in as an aside... a comment... I think the new box design (physically) is stoopid.

I like the bullet pics and the info about max/min impact velocity printed right on the box though. That's really my point here. That's not stupid. That's very forthright and open of them.
After reading all this stuff about the new box, I just had to go out and open one of the new 3-pack of 150 7mm's that came in the other day.

Amazingly enough, it opened really easily to the same technique that opened other boxes of bullets over the years: Slicing the paper over any place that looked like it covers a cardboard flap. Took about 10 seconds.

Might be because you have a clue...
It goes back to that old saying: "It's not the box, it's the Indian", or something similar. grin
You guys are correct. I cut a few little oblongs from the box, coated them with Elmer's Glue Stick and rolled them up real tight like. When the glue hardened, I sharpened them in a pencil sharpener (a little red plastic one with the razor blade) and loaded them into a .22-250 with a mild load of Varget. They shot lousy - some didn't even hit the target! Last time I buy Noslers, the boxes are no good. ;-)
You're not supposed to shoot the target, you're supposed to shoot the box. grin
This is easy--buy the Nosler Seconds in plastic bags. Even my little boys can get them open! Reseal in a ziplock if necessary.
Man, I wish. My favorite local gunshop used to keep a nice stock of 2nds but for some reason stopped. With shipping added in the 2nds at the Pro Shop rarely get cheap enough to tempt me and they don't usually have $200 worth of stuff I want.

I miss those $11/bag seconds at the gunshop...

Now this box thing is cracking me up. Is there a man Jack amonst us, who has actually handled the new box, that doesn't agree that the old design was way better?

Don't make me take a pic of the two side by side to prove it now. wink
Nosler keeps changing the boxes as an intelligence test.
They failed <g>.
I wasnt giving you [bleep] about this whole deal, just didnt know if you had seen my post. Will make things alot easier.
Make things easier? Bro, you don't know how toggle-boy works..

grin
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
This is easy--buy the Nosler Seconds in plastic bags. Even my little boys can get them open! Reseal in a ziplock if necessary.

The same little boys could open and CLOSE the same box Jeff Obama can't.
I wasnt giving you [bleep] about this whole deal, just didnt know if you had seen my post. Will make things alot easier.

DeerTracker,
Do you realize what you are suggesting? Asking someone, who is baffled by a box, to use a sharp instrument to cut something seems reckless. laugh

DeerTracker,
Do you realize what you are suggesting? Asking someone, who is baffled by a box, to use a sharp instrument to cut something seems reckless. laugh

Which, now that you think of it, might mean that DeerTracker is onto something there...
As long as you use them within their designed parameters they will perform.
Dunno nuthin'.... lol...

Could have just typed that and saved yourself the trouble.
grin

Nosler keeps changing the boxes as an intelligence test.

You send 'em this thread, yet?
Man, I wish. My favorite local gunshop used to keep a nice stock of 2nds but for some reason stopped. With shipping added in the 2nds at the Pro Shop rarely get cheap enough to tempt me and they don't usually have $200 worth of stuff I want.

I miss those $11/bag seconds at the gunshop...

Now this box thing is cracking me up. Is there a man Jack amonst us, who has actually handled the new box, that doesn't agree that the old design was way better?

Don't make me take a pic of the two side by side to prove it now. wink

They are rare because my friend in Bend, Oregon buys them in 10K lots. Talk about obsessive!
Jeebus.

Ok, here you [bleep] go. New box in it's opened, and completely un-re-closable, state.

Old box neatly closed up as designed.

Old box required a slide of the thumbnail to break the seal. Then it was easily closeable. Hot damn, it was a functional BOX! Who knew?! Apparently not Nosler.

Will somebody please point out one, single, solitary improvement with the new one? Cause I can sure as chit point out a couple advantages to the old ones.

I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin'..........

I do like the new graphics but the new box is stupid.

[Linked Image]
Let it go, Jeff.
Originally Posted by southtexas
Let it go, Jeff.

Or not...

Ok, here you [bleep] go. New box in it's opened, and completely un-re-closable, state.

[Linked Image]

You do realize though that you opened it wrong, don't you Jeff?
It goes back to that old saying: "It's not the box, it's the Indian", or something similar. grin

laugh laugh
Originally Posted by SKane

laugh laugh

<g>
The hilarity of JeffO being outsmarted by a cardboard box is awesome.
This just keeps getting better and better..
Jeff,

Don't even open the box. Just cut a big hole in one side, dump them out, reload, re-stack box hole up. Eureka!!!! grin
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

I'm laughing so hard right now. This thread just became a classic.

It's too bad Stick got his arse banned again...this would have been really good...
Jeff has a way of generating classic material... laugh
Jeebus.

Old box required a slide of the thumbnail to break the seal. Then it was easily closeable. Hot damn, it was a functional BOX! Who knew?! Apparently not Nosler.

Will somebody please point out one, single, solitary improvement with the new one? Cause I can sure as chit point out a couple advantages to the old ones.

How difficult is tape to use?

[Linked Image]

MtnHtr
Tape would be too easy, and give him nothing to bitch about.

Besides everyone know JeffO has a severe case of tapeaphobia.
ttt...
No wonder he has a soccer mom's job and voted for Obama.
Originally Posted by CLB

It's too bad Stick got his arse banned again...this would have been really good...

He last posted on the 1st.
Originally Posted by sactoller
Originally Posted by CLB

He last posted on the 1st.

I'm not sure, but I think he indicated he has been limited in posting. Something like one post per 24 hrs or something like that...
...next thing you know, they will come out with a "shaker box". Prolly won't be reclosable either. Can't wait for the next Jeff-O shaker box product review. I can see it now. "I tipped the box up and 5 bullets were expelled, instead of one. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get that long bullet back in a round hole!" Reminds me of a dog trying to get a stick through a doggie door laugh Flinch
Originally Posted by MtnHtr
Jeebus.

How difficult is tape to use?

[Linked Image]

MtnHtr

It ain't, but that's not the point. Point is, the new box is a stupid design- even more so since it's demonstrably worse than the old one. Why go from a good box to a bad one?

Still waiting for one of you pencildick weenieheaded whiny MF'ers <big grin> to rebut that, which you won't, cause you can't. Not that the facts of the situation matter much here............... whistle.

.... and lest it be lost amonst the pencildicked weenieheaded whining coming from some of you, I actually started the thread to give Noz props for the expanded-bullet pics on the new box, and just tossed in that it's a stupid mechanical design as an aside.... but if y'all want to get silly over the box design, I'll dance with ya..... grin
I have a suggestion...........stop buying them.
ttt...
Jeebus.

[Linked Image]

I am [bleep] dying after seeing this.

Thanks for the "ttt" Rancho. I'd been gone all week....

Travis
It's just too good to let die..

Now the guy who can't deal with a bullet box is trying to fix his rototiller's motor. You just can't make stuff like this up..
Just found that gem too...

Travis
You would shure think a hunk of blue tape would keep that box closed...I'm betting Jeff O has some somewhere.... whistle
Thinking Nosler doesn't know or care much about shipping stuff like bullets. I tend to buy more Noslers in plastic bags that tend to lose the labels, packed in shipping boxes that are stuffed with eco-friendly(?) air pouches (which really aren't worth a damn for bullet shipping details). From an Alaska shipping perspective, where broken packages are almost expected, Midsouth has this stuff pegged with their hand cut and folded boxes of heavy weight boxes, well sealed with sturdy tape, followed by Midway, but they are only sometimes good (although follow-up corrections to "Larry, I had 47 of 100 bullets scattered inside the box I received" have been great.) D&R has seeded the mails pretty good with bullets, as has Cabelas. In terms of factory packaging, I like Hornady fiber boxes best of all, the Noslers have been equal to it for some years; ditto Barnes boxes before the paper seal is cut. Midway blue plastic boxes are also good. Speer and Sierra boxes often pop open when larger-than-varmint weights are dropped.

I'd happily buy only blems and dump them in plastic peanut butter and mayonnaise jars. They have worked fine for cast bullets for a long time.
Those pictures were the deal breaker for me. I'll never use them again.

Not only that, but you can talk other people out of ever trying bullets you've never used because, by golly you saw a picture!

Best of all, you can be much more certain in recommending Accubonds that you've never killed anything with because, by golly, there's a picture on the box. Imagine how many critter's lives will be saved which otherwise would have died in the name of R&D! grin
The new Nosler box wasn't Jeff's first challenge in life.....
[Linked Image]
Farside. Far out, whinin' about a box that doesn't easily re-seal, like yer morning box of of Coco Puffs, whatever?

Bein's I only use 100gr .257 Btips, guess when I run out of 'em in the green, red and black boxes that even the dumbest jackass in the clan could re-seal, I'll just dump the new ones into a little plastic margerine tub and snap the fookin' lid back on, when done? If they have blue tips, then they must be the bullets I wuz looking for?

whistle

Could make it even easier for an old dope like me and just write "100gr Btips" on the lid, with a Sharpie?
Here's the most important picture that should reside on those boxes. Also, remember the extra hazmat shipping charges on the NBT! whistle

[Linked Image]
At the risk of reviving the stupidity and for those that don't load 50 at a time, I dug an old Ballistic Tip box out of the trash for demonstration purposes.

Here is the box in "sticker cut, pre-opened" status:
[Linked Image]

Here is the box in "slightly opened" status:
[Linked Image]

Here is the box in "opened" status:
[Linked Image]

Here is the box in "being closed" status:
[Linked Image]

Here is the box in "completely reclosed and perfectly re-usable" status:
[Linked Image]

While tape is a worthwhile method to close the improperly opened box as mentioned in earlier posts, I have demonstrated a possible method as detailed above that will allow you to save your blue tape for your rifle's muzzle.
Rick? Can we make this a sticky?

Great post War Eagle. Boxes have always been a real [bleep] for me as well.

Travis
This really is funny!

Jeff needs a freakin' instruction manual with the box.... (likely pun there).

And, yet... he uses firearms and votes without proper adult supervision.

No wonder he ass-shoots and votes for socialists.
I do believe that JeffO starts with good intentions but brings this schitt on himself, you just can't make this up...Once again, another gem
Someone should contact Nosler and ask them to furnish that pictoral sequence in DVD form, along with each box of bullets.

Some will not mind paying extry for that tutorial. They know who they are, no further punishment needed here.
I actually started the thread to give Noz props for the expanded-bullet pics on the new box,

You are the dumest Mofo I've ever seen post. Please keep doing so. I'm sure the pics on the box help because the words on the box are too big for you to understand.
At the risk of reviving the stupidity and for those that don't load 50 at a time, I dug an old Ballistic Tip box out of the trash for demonstration purposes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

While tape is a worthwhile method to close the improperly opened box as mentioned in earlier posts, I have demonstrated a possible method as detailed above that will allow you to save your blue tape for your rifle's muuzzle.

Oh, that's beautiful! 10 pages of whining and he didn't even open the [bleep] right. At least swampy can function on his own.
The common sense approach{thank you War Eagle}:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

While tape is a worthwhile method to close the improperly opened box as mentioned in earlier posts, I have demonstrated a possible method as detailed above that will allow you to save your blue tape for your rifle's muuzzle.

The JeffO approach:
Jeebus.

[Linked Image]

So in summary Jeff, its actually not the new box design that is stupid... it is you.

As I said before the hilarity of JeffO having been outsmarted by a cardboard box is awesome.
I can see it now:

"With every box of Nosler bullets, you get a free DVD with instructions on how to close the box."

They will sell twice as many bullets now. It won't be long and they will come in boxes of 25 and double the price again. Damnn you Jeff, it's all your fault! laugh

I'm still voting for the shaker box. Flinch
Tough crowd. Where's the warmth and understanding for our challenged bretheren?

Perhaps R. Bin can find it in his heart to establish a "special" forum, for them what can't open a box of bullets, can't figure out WTH others pick on them here and just need some extry attention on a daily basis?

The Turdlike People have already established their niche here, maybe it's time for the Tardlike to receive equal billing?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

While tape is a worthwhile method to close the improperly opened box as mentioned in earlier posts, I have demonstrated a possible method as detailed above that will allow you to save your blue tape for your rifle's muzzle.

He'll never be able to pull that off..
As a newbie on this forum, I would like to take the time to thank you men for the hours of entertainment you have given me. Keep up the good work.
Men? Plural? Just the thank the OP....

Travis
ttt...
I can't believe this. grin
This post should be right up under the topic "What shoes should I wear with my dress...the green or the blue ones"?

Hunting season better get here pretty soon. Some of you guys might find yourself on the front poarch with a stop watch timing the arrival of the mail! "Post-Master General, I'm telling you that my mail box is only 100' from my neighbors. That's right...15 seconds...a full 15 seconds!! What's the problem?? Well!!! He did it in 12 seconds all last week!!!"
crazy
How the hell did I miss this thread.... lol

Humorous to say the least, but given the OP, not surprising!
The thing about the Ballistic Tips is that you might as well hunt with a single shot, one and done.
My boy uses the 120 gr BT in his 7mm Mag and has never shot a deer twice. How can I explain bullet failure to him???????
The 140's work well, but the recoil is so light with the 120's.
I like the Accubond in my 35 Whelen but a box of 50 will last the rest of my life if it only takes one shot to drop a deer. crazy
whelennut
Thread hijack alert!! whistle

For a change, the haggle ain't about Btips blowing stuff to smithereens.

This time, it was all about a boy and his box riddle. Guessin' he also has a helluva time putting toothpaste back in the tube, as well?
Ok, just to help Jeff out a little.

The other day I was cutting wood and the chain came off. Took it apart and put back together. First trigger pull on wood and off it comes. Repeat two more times with extra attention paid to adjusting the chain tension. Same results.

Figured something must be wrong with the chain and down to the hardware to buy another. Guy puts the old chain back on without any adjustment and said he can't see any reason why it would come off. Then he looks closer and says: "Harry, you got the dang thing running backwards."

Oh well, live and learn. blush

Jeff. Just admit you screwed up and move on.
You wanna see someone stumped by a box put a no tabbed welding rod can in front em....
Originally Posted by tzone

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh, that's beautiful! 10 pages of whining and he didn't even open the [bleep] right. At least swampy can function on his own.

The really embarrassing part of the whole deal is that the OP posted this without realizing that the package had kikt-his-az.

I really hate to say this, but I think we have a new "dumber than..." now. We can replace "dumber than a box of rocks" and "dumber than a sack of hammers" with "dumber than a box of bullets". Yikes!
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
If a gun can't group with ballistic tips, it is a turd.

I have a 25-06 Sendero that groups Sierra 100 grain GameKings into 1/4 inch groups. It won't group 100 grain BT's worth a damn.

But I understand your point, BT's are generally very accurate bullets.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Boxes is hard!! - 05/13/11
ttt... grin
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/13/11
Not to rub it in or anything but has Jeff acknowledged that it was a case of improper box handling?

I would be like...yeah, I [bleep] it up and I'm a dumbass....

Say/think it all the time actually.....laughin'!
Posted By: HawkI Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/13/11
If I handled a box improperly I always made sure she was so drunk she kinda forgot about it, but never hung-over enough not to notice....
Posted By: deflave Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/13/11
Jeff,

At least own THIS one...

Travis
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/13/11
Improper box management.

When doing JD bodyshots off a naked woman do not let the whiskey come in contact with her 'region'.

Posted By: HawkI Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/13/11
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Improper box management.

When doing JD bodyshots off a naked woman do not let the whiskey come in contact with her 'region'.

Battery acid on a tree frog? What?
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/14/11

You just can't make this stuff up. Too Funny...<g>
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/29/11
Bringin' it back..
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/29/11
Jeff, would you have a problem with this box ?
[Linked Image]

Posted By: podunk Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/29/11
I have a problem with it! Its in the damn way!!
Posted By: Teal Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/29/11
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
I have a problem with it! Its in the damn way!!

Pert sure I'd over penetrate it...
Posted By: Calvin Re: Boxes is hard!! - 05/30/11
Just reread this thread. Wow, I have tears in my eyes I laughed so hard.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't think Jeff has acknowledged that he just opened the box incorrectly.
Thanks to War Eagle's excellent tutorial Jeff has a chance to do it correctly the next time he gets a box.
War Eagle has always been willing to help those in need.
Whereas I'm perfectly content in leaving a mental quadrapeligic to thrash around on a hot sidewalk.
Originally Posted by nsaqam

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't think Jeff has acknowledged that he just opened the box incorrectly.
Thanks to War Eagle's excellent tutorial Jeff has a chance to do it correctly the next time he gets a box.
War Eagle has always been willing to help those in need.

OMG I am [bleep] rolling and crying
OK, I gotta admit,I dont like jumping on the JEFF_O pile, but there is some really funny stuff in here..

This is Not the Nosler easy open box. You get the picture..

This is one of the funniest 24hr threads in a long time.

The score is:

Bullet Box 1, Jeff_O zero.

A convincing win to the bullet box.
I wonder if Jeff O put his own thread on ignore?
That'd be tough. I mean, how do you ignore yourself? grin
Back to the top..

jeffy just won't let it go. grin
It is funny.
What's up wif dat avatar pic? You'n Bricktop a couple now???
New box in it's opened, and completely un-re-closable, state.

Is that a word? grin
Originally Posted by dubePA
What's up wif dat avatar pic? You'n Bricktop a couple now???
I've been funning with him.
The problem I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around is why he has this box of bullets in the first place and what he's doing with them after he manhandles that box open. I mean, he has trouble masterminding the box, and then takes the contents of said such box and commences the precise, detailed, and potentially dangerous practice of loading ammunition!!! Now that shivers me timbers!!!

However, we are not without concern and empathy for bro' Jeff. Sooo, I'm willing to start things off and contribute a dollar towards starting a pool so we can pay Stick to go over and supervise Jeff reloading so that he doesn't load the bullets backwards or somethin'... grin

What say ye, lads?? Anybody else in??

Just remember, JeffO, what my old boss used to tell me: no good deed goes unpunished, and the road to hell is paved with good intentions! That said, there ain't anybody here who hasn't screwed the pooch with something, sometime, somewhere. smile
Thanks for the laughs Jeff. Bump to demonstrate an Obama supporters mentality level.
Lol... well, ding those who suggested & posted pics of a tab of tape to close it, too. wink

I'm not the only one the phookin' thing fooled. Stupid box. Stupid me. Lol. I deserve to catch crap for it, oh well.

Saw the new Accubond box, complete with the expanded bullet/velocity pics. Nice. I like it.
Avoid this sumbitch like the plague and ya might wanta stay well back from a deployed Jinga?

[Linked Image]
wow.. It's STILL funny!
Originally Posted by GRF

I agree. There's nothing more telling than evaluating failed bullets taken from dead animals.

grin
Lol... well, ding those who suggested & posted pics of a tab of tape to close it, too. wink

I'm not the only one the phookin' thing fooled. Stupid box. Stupid me. Lol. I deserve to catch crap for it, oh well.

Jeff, nope you are the only one who was fooled (by the new box). The tape was offered so you could fix the box you [bleep] up. But the following reply after the tape fix pegged you right, you still could not figure it out even with tape:

Tape would be too easy, and give him nothing to bitch about.

Besides everyone know JeffO has a severe case of tapeaphobia.

And I'm being nice.............

MtnHtr
wow.. It's STILL funny!

Yeah...it is.
Hell, I gave a box of Ballistic tips to my GF and asked her to open it. She opened it properly and then I told her that a guy on the Fire couldn't do it correctly. She said 'Geez, he must be an idiot'....
Wait a minute Scott.... what were you doing with a box of ballistic tips?
I run them. I defy anyone to pigeonhole me...
In what? I figured you for one of the Barnes nazis ......
Can't make statements about what works best without running them all. I love me some Barnes, no doubt. The only ballistic tip I've had fail wasn't because it was a bomb, but because it didn't expand at all.

I didn't like how much damage they do, as I'm a bone/shoulder shooter so pretty much limited their hunting use to certain rigs.

Here are some I run in the drilling

[Linked Image]

70gr Ballistic tip in 6mm223 last fall

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Found another one

[Linked Image]
I like the TSXs and the TTSXs because the box is easy to open....

Hornady V-max box kicked my azz....

BTW Scott..you smile more now that you have a GF.... wink
Haven't posted one since we've started dating....
I know that.....

Yanking your chain.....
Scott I agree about trying them all to form an opinion. Ive been working on diversifying myself, first the. 300 Savage, next either something diminutive stoked with TTSX's or something obscenely bigger than I need....
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Can't make statements about what works best without running them all.

Imagine that... smirk
Wow.

[Linked Image]
Blue boxes?! You are going to send the THE dolt into overload..
Found another one

[Linked Image]

Nice buck!

Dober
Can�t believe I missed this but I did see references in other threads about Jeff and the bullet boxes.

What makes it so funny for me is I have been opening the box the same as Jeff and thinking �Why would anyone design such a stupid box?�

Bought 10 of the 250 count .224 55gr boxes this spring and I have one left. Went and opened it per War Eagles directions and I have to say I was laughing pretty hard.

Still not keen on the box but it makes more sense. Learn something every day. laugh laugh
Yeah...I had a bit of a melt down when I opened the first one as well. I was gonna call Jeff but I was laughing at myself too hard to find my phone... wink

I'm telling you, tween the new box and the brain fart on the pricing a while back I'm for betting there's a new Electric Blue Suit with a marketing degree in the office of Nozler..

Dober
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
I'm telling you, tween the new box and the brain fart on the pricing a while back I'm for betting there's a new Electric Blue Suit with a marketing degree in the office of Nozler..

Dober

+1!
Whew!!!!

I'm not the only retard! Yay! grin

I mean... the phooking thing has a FLAP... I just thought, lift the darn flap, right? Not right! blush
Just buy seconds and don't worry about the box. On the other hand, then you'd have to worry about re-sealing the bag... grin
Now I know why these damn things were invented....

[Linked Image]

Yep. And these:

[Linked Image]

Which may also be a challenge for some.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Yep. And these:

[Linked Image]

Which may also be a challenge for some.

Maybe not a challenge, but definitely a hazard, what with the sharp edges and all. Window lickers will lick just about anything else... or so I hear...
I would like to see a video of these people sneaking up on glasses of water.

You gonna frame the pics on the box?
Originally Posted by Boxer
I would like to see a video of these people sneaking up on glasses of water.

Lil Fish,

Hope this works for you. laugh

Why do guys who make 2MOA shots on rats at a distance,think it's something? Great humor and it is appreciated.
Why do guys who make 2MOA shots on rats at a distance,think it's something? Great humor and it is appreciated.

Lil Fish,

Well I have to work within my limitations so for me that was a decent shot under the time pressure and while the bull was pretty small I was sure happy to get him.

What makes me smile is knowing that on your best day that shot was way beyond you. laugh laugh

Hang some elk pics when you have time. Love to see em!! The coyote was a classic last time we played this game.

Love and Kisses cool
Where do you find boobs to think a 2MOA poke is "something". Have yet to see you call a shot,but you've zero qualm holding center mass and letting fly on the Rats. Congratulations?
Where do you find boobs to think a 2MOA poke is "something". Have yet to see you call a shot,but you've zero qualm holding center mass and letting fly on the Rats. Congratulations?

Lil Fish,

Thanks for the congrats.

Please try and find those elk pics to show us your knowledge and experience.

The coyote pic was priceless. Big thanks for that one.

[Linked Image]

laugh laugh laugh laugh
Oddly enough,you skirt calling placement on the dinks. Cracks me up,you fancy yourself as having a clue.
Now I know why these damn things were invented....

[Linked Image]

Swampy keeps them in business.
Oddly enough,you skirt calling placement on the dinks. Cracks me up,you fancy yourself as having a clue.

Lil Fish,

Given that my shooting is lackluster at best and the bull was a one horned dink, I just take solace in the knowledge that the bull was bigger than your best and the shot was further than any you have made.

While I fully realize you are not much to measure against, I do feel like the guy who wins the Special Olympics 100yd dash when he looks back at the losers and says to himself �I may not be much but at least I beat Lil Fish�. laugh laugh
Tell yourself what you must,to pad the realities of the sad affair. I reckon you are steeped on where one-horned Rats place in the World of "Special". Bless your heart.
Tell yourself what you must,to pad the realities of the sad affair. I reckon you are steeped on where one-horned Rats place in the World of "Special". Bless your heart.

Lil Fish,

I have stumbled onto a few bulls with 2 horns but it was just blind luck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Still waiting on your elk pics. laugh laugh laugh
How many times did you have to say "Pull!"? Thanks.
You shoot trap runt?

Didn't think they made guns that little.

Daddy cut the stock off of a .410 for ya?
Famously.
No doubt you hold some records in the 30 inches and under division.

bravo.
Liked svelte tubes even on doubles. Pardon it going over your head.
Speaking of things going over your head, I bet you get farted on a lot at parties. LOL
I like that you've got to imagine everything. One couldn't begin to fathom how "satisfying" that must be for you. Congratulations?
You mean to tell me you aren't short?

Well, I apologize stick.

Just to make sure you aren't pulling my leg, how about posing for and posting a pic of you standing next to a baseball bat...just for scaling purposes.
I'll be everything you NEED to Imagine.
I've seen pics runt.

Those trees you are so fond of posing next to and claiming 60+ inches at the butt were really only limbs weren't they?

You need to be careful. You might just evaporate.
Noone ever slighted your penchant for living vicariously,because the doings of others so far exceed your's.
I doubt you would want to make a list of life's accomplishments and compare.

You would come out on the "short end of the stick" again runt.

Pun intended.
Tell yourself what you must,to make yourself feel better. As an aside,amazing stupidity isn't an "accomplishment" it's a plight,though there's no slighting your volume of same. Congratulations?
I feel fine runt.

I'm not the one with the inferiority complex due to height issues who feels obligated to crap on every thread he can get his little circus hands on.

If the bootie fits...Laffin.
I enjoy the luxury of not being forced to guess and you enjoy the "luxury" of being amazingly stupid and less an inkling. Quaint though.
My enjoyment is watching how your self loathing and inadequacy spews all over everything you touch.

You really should get that self hate thing under control.

God loves midgets to ya' know. grin
I swear you could conduct a Jerry Lewis Telethon all by yourself and reap multi-billions in pity loot,by trying your best. Bless your heart.
I had one bad experience with the BT(early 150 gr 30 cal) out of many, many deer with them. The one was at 20-25 yards on a calm doe that was perfectly broadside with a .308 in a model seven. Shot her in the shoulder about half way up and she ran off. She stopped about 30 yards from my hunting partner after running about 150 yards. He didn't shoot as he saw the devastating wound on the shoulder about half way up the body and expected her to fall right there. He thought it was the exit, but after talking with him, we determined it was on the entrance side. We tracked the deer for about 2000 yards after that until she crossed a river. Never did recover her. I don't know how that deer didn't die within 100 yards.

Since then, I have used 120 and 140 gr BT's in the 7mm-08, and really like the 120gr bullets at 2700-2900 fps. They are scary accurate, and I have never stopped one in a deer. They look like they work perfectly at those speeds. Unfortunately the place I am going to this fall in TX asked that we do not use BT's. I wish that was not the case, but I worked up a load with the 120gr TTSX to make them happy. Not quite as accurate, though.
Up..

I just re-read this, what was I thinking. Still funny at times.

Hope you all have a good day----- or night.
Fuggin' box
The box was a bitch, no doubt, you lost that round....

but it did have those totally awesome pics of the boolits. whistle
aww just cut up the new box and put the bullets in one of the old style boxes I have saved and have a bunch of...

besides bullets I burn a lot of, I keep in a bulk style container anyway...
Originally Posted by Kenneth
The box was a bitch, no doubt, you lost that round....

but it did have those totally awesome pics of the boolits. whistle

Lol... yeah.

I hate the boxes.

There have been many deer fall to the 140g Ballistic tip out of my 7 mag with 65.5g of IMR 4350, Rem brass, 9 1/2 primer, bullet seated to touch the lands.

Some would find it hard to believe, but I dropped two mature Bull elk, both at a dead run with the above load...they did not run off. At the bullet impact, their front legs quit working, their nose plowed the ground, and they never even tried to get up...150 & 200 yard shots.
Originally Posted by deflave
Rick? Can we make this a sticky?

Great post War Eagle. Boxes have always been a real [bleep] for me as well.

Travis

+1
Boxes, schmoxes.

For what bullets cost I just wish the cheap bastards would include a couple of $.05 labels so you can easily label the finished box of ammo smirk
Hornady does......

Least I got a few in the A-Max's I just bought.
The infamous box thread, damn funny too laugh
Was opening a Nosler box last night and this thread came to mind...

Bump for a classic!
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Speaking of things going over your head, I bet you get farted on a lot at parties. LOL

Still laughing at this.

Originally Posted by slg888
[quote=passport]I just dont get the bad rap b-tips have? I have used them for years with nothing but great results.

Agreed. I have used them on a lot of deer, several hogs and one elk, all with the same results. The dropped dead right there.
Now that there is another new box, it should be good for another 27 pages?
Bullet boxes are curious things. A fella brought some old components to the last match to sell. Made me feel mighty old! A couple fellas joked with a guy my age. Said "You remember cardboard boxes don't you?!?" Well,I do in fact remember them. Lift top boxes with the little metal reinforcements on the corners. Things sure have changed in 40 years. I started hand loading in 1975. I remember thinking the plastic Speer boxes of the time were overkill. Damn lids wouldn't stay down either. Had to put them on the bottom of the pile to keep them closed. I actually kinda like the Nosler slip type boxes. With the pics of the critters on the end. Easy for me to tell which critter to use them on. This last batch with the neon green lettering are just plain ugly.
What a great thread. laugh
I just laughed so hard I nearly cried. That was worth my time on the clock reading this.
Evidently , the troublesome box WAY overpenetrated his mental capacity. He has not posted since 2013. Maybe he grew tired of getting laughed at.
This thread has been down for to long.

For those who have seen it enjoy your trip down memory lane.
HO LEE FOOK, guess only an Oregon dope head gets his ass kicked my a Nosler bullet box! crazy

Just say no to bathing in bong water!
We get enough of JeffO's stupidity.

Do we really need to go bumping even more of it?

Geez man, it's bad enough already.
No, us single digit IQ aggregate holders need to read jello for self healing. sick laugh
The OP's dump [bleep] level is off the charts. This thread can never die
The most incredible thing about Jeff's stupidity is that people still assist when he asks questions.

Dave
Wow...been a while since I strolled through this one. Hate photobucket took a shi'it. PB really ruined a lot of these old threads now that the pics are lost.
I use lots of them, shoulder shots on pigs. They hammer them. If you are hunting something really big, go partition or accubond. Barnes would be great on bigguns too. For the price, they are jam up bullets.
Sad to see people have to mock Jeff to make themselves feel good.
Sick really.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Can�t believe I missed this but I did see references in other threads about Jeff and the bullet boxes.

What makes it so funny for me is I have been opening the box the same as Jeff and thinking �Why would anyone design such a stupid box?�

Bought 10 of the 250 count .224 55gr boxes this spring and I have one left. Went and opened it per War Eagles directions and I have to say I was laughing pretty hard.

Still not keen on the box but it makes more sense. Learn something every day. laugh laugh

I'm glad this thread came back up. I always figured the orange man was about on par with Jeff O's IQ, but now I have evidence in support.
Originally Posted by gunner500
HO LEE FOOK, guess only an Oregon dope head gets his ass kicked my a Nosler bullet box! crazy

Just say no to bathing in bong water!

Hey,

don't you boys know, Jeff Has PULL over at Nosler...

Didn't you notice they changed their boxes across the board since Jeffrey
had originally posted this thread??

He's on Nosler's Advisory Board now, and has been since he started this thread...

its a hefty 6 figure a year gig...

so the JOKE IS on you guys... whistle

Stumped yet again.
(3 minutes ago...)

[Linked Image]
Sam, if you need help with that box I am your huckleberry. smile
Dude, it's still unopened.... Get over here!
A hammer would probably be the best tool for the job.
Ben, little farmer 'party' here in a minute. Celebrating the first potential rain of the summer......
Slow and steady here. Praise the effing Lord.

Dave
Good stuff. Wish I could have actually seen the pictures of the faulty box/tutorial.
Originally Posted by Jonnymac
Good stuff. Wish I could have actually seen the pictures of the faulty box/tutorial.

I think Jeff O, posted the solution of cutting the end of the box off with a butcher knife, and then
put the bullets in a zip lock bag...

Problem solved...
I still haven't been able to get my Rockchucker, dies, or brass out of the box so I can't worry about bullets until I solve those.
What is the top selling bullet? They have to be up there?
Kicking this up for the newer guys. Make sure to stay with for a few pages.
Aaaw the good old days...... careful though, 16b got himself in a world of sheit for similar behavior.... seems to "trigger " certain people.. wink
Awww.........this one's only two years old......
Palm face plant....

Not this Schitt again.....
The guy came up with some good stuff,- - - - - That would make you say, what? are you thinking......
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Awww.........this one's only two years old......

2011?
How does the OP find his way around a voting booth?
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

He's an obama ball washer and his other handles here are Guntruck 50 and Rolling Thunder
Originally Posted by jorgeI

He's an obama ball washer and his other handles here are Guntruck 50 and Rolling Thunder

The K-Hunt will not even post under Jeffo on this forum No backbone.
I laughed out loud when I saw this thread title revived. laugh
Troubles me that a person like Jeff O is allowed to own a firearm.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Well he technically isn’t allowed to own guns on account of his marijuana cultivation and personal use but he lies on his 4473’s and his local popo aint hip yet
Originally Posted by jorgeI

well if he's posting as GunTruck 50 and Rolling Thunder, that makes sense...

but then, I don't think Jeff O. is a Vietnam vet... so its can kinda piss you off he's using handles with a Military Background insinuation.....

I don't hate Jeff O... its more along the lines of feeling sorry for him.....
5 shots at 100 with Copper Creek 90 gr BT.
6mm Creedmoor
Will be using these on deer in December

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Well he technically isn’t allowed to own guns on account of his marijuana cultivation and personal use but he lies on his 4473’s and his local popo aint hip yet

This. He's a drug addict.
© 24hourcampfire