Home
Just picked up another T-3 lite on here. .300 win mag. Looking into putting an after market stock on it. Doing research and have a few possibilities. Looking for some more input from the guys on here.
There's a few options but nothing inexpesive: Helmick Arms (laminate stocks), Wild Dog Custom (carbon fiber stocks- ultralite hunter and tactical), Manners (carbon fiber tactical stocks). I have 2 very accurate T3s that I upgraded with Wild Dog Stocks...true drop in fit

[Linked Image]

Here's a pic of the Helmick Arms laminate (not mine)

[Linked Image]

How much did the T3's end up weighing with Wild Dog stocks?
Anybody wanna get rid of a T3 lite take-off?
Originally Posted by raybass
How much did the T3's end up weighing with Wild Dog stocks?

Both weigh 7lbs with scopes
My T3 Lite factory with Burris 3x9 Fullfield and 5 rounds of 06 weighs 7lb 2oz. That is a nice looking laminate though. What was the ballpark cost
Originally Posted by medicman
My T3 Lite factory with Burris 3x9 Fullfield and 5 rounds of 06 weighs 7lb 2oz. That is a nice looking laminate though. What was the ballpark cost

The laminate isn't mine, stock photo. I was thinking of going that route at one time. I think they run $300, www.helmickarms.com
Thanks
I was told by a Bell and Carlson rep at SHOT show last January they would be working a stock for the T3 next due to the request they received. It they do a drop in fit with their Medalist type aluminum bedding block I think it will be a big hit. Timing might be about right to start e-mailing them with with order request for that. I hope they come through.

The McMillian Sako pattern stocks are available now and the Classic feels pretty right for a light Tikka.

Does McMillan have those inletted for the T3 to be purchased as a drop in stock or do you have to send them your barreled action?
Mcmillan and Manners both inlet for the T3.

What is everyone doing regarding the recoil lug? Are the aftermarket stocks cut with a slot to fit the lug into? That is big question on how BC would bring out a bedding block style of stock.
Wild dog stocks are a hand laid carbon fiber stock with a carbon fiber composite based bedding block and aluminum installed pillars. They are produced with a metal recoil lug which is also bedded in the stock.
Helmick Arms also produces their stock with a bedded recoil lug.
I've handled the factory T3 wood stock by sealing the barrel channel and inletting for the action and trigger guard with Permalyn sealer and bedding the recoil lug with Devcon steel Epoxy.
Manners does inlet their hunting stock for the T3 but you have to use the CDI detach mag system instead of the factory guard/mag.
Thanks for the input. Have to sit down and decide now
I found a pic of my Wild Dog stock with carbon fiber composite based bedding block and aluminum installed pillars plus bedded recoil lug.

[Linked Image]
Bell and Carlson is within days of taking orders for the Tikka T3 Sporter Stock.

Features a full length bedding block that rocks!
Drop in unit, free floating

This stock is very very similar to the Sako Tecomate.

B&C Part Number 1042
Originally Posted by Gunner75
Bell and Carlson is within days of taking orders for the Tikka T3 Sporter Stock.

B&C Part Number 1042

Excellent! I want the first two or three....
Originally Posted by Gunner75

B&C Part Number 1042

No seeing it on the site, what style stock will it be like? (I could not find a reference for the mentioned tecomate)
I like B&C stocks, but they are not light. They are 40oz or so, unless you get a Ti model that is only for Remingtons.
http://www.berettausa.com/products/sako-a7-tecomate-stainless-steel/default.aspx

Weight should be 1.85lbs to 2lbs pending finial build up.
So it must be some sort of carbelite configuration? No way you are going to get a Medalist that light.
Nope, full Medalist.
FWIW, we produce several Medalist stocks the fall under 2lbs. Browning A Bolt Ti, Remington Custom Shop, Several aftermarket sporters, etc.

I weighted one of the first samples out of the mold and it was a touch under 2lbs.
Sorry for the crappy pics, but it hasn't been full photo'd yet.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
How is that possible? I own a short action BDL Medalist and it was 38oz, and a Savage sporter version that was 40oz.

Question, does it utilize the factory trigger guard and magazine?

thanks.
ADL Medalist? B&C doesn't produce a full out Medalist version of the ADL. B&C does produce a Medalist ADL that has the Modified Pillar system.
The Savage sporter (LA 2980) is a larger exterior stock and the layup is a bit more. Typiclly 2.25lbs. Obviously yours is beyond that or with the addition of bedding or LOP change, scale difference, etc???

The 1042 is a drop in designed stock. Remove the barreled action, triggerguard and magazine, swap stocks and tighten down. All transfers right over with the exception of the recoil lug.
Sorry, meant to type BDL. I literally just weighed the stock last week because I pulled the action for cleaning. 38oz on a postal scale. It is on my M700 short action 204. The one for the Savage weighed in at exactly 40oz right out of the box. I like the stocks, but wouldn't want them if I was trying to build a lightweight gun, and that is the whole point of a T3.

That being said, I am guessing that is why B&C used pillars instead of a block in the Ti stocks...

On a side note...I was told by B&C 3 years ago that a stock for a short action Ruger M77 was going to be available in the medalist "any time." Never happened...

Pic of my BDL sporter:

[Linked Image]
Wade does the stock have a recoil lug built right into it?
I'll admit, if the T3 stocks really do come in under 2lbs, sign me up!
Got it. I would love nothing more than to keep all Medalist sporters at or below 2lbs. However we have had trouble doing this. We are hoping to trim this out shortly with some new techniques and criteria.
Exterior stock shape has a lot to do with weight along with bedding block design, and even weather conditions while producing stocks.
Ti series stocks. Although still considered a Medalist, you are correct. The modified Lug block and Pillar/tail system is used to aid in a weight savings, but the stock is laid up differently as well to add strength.
We can build the Ti series with a block and hit 1.7lbs without issue, but $$$ comes into play.
I know, the Ruger was projected many many times to be produced in the Medalist series, but OEM demand has been very very strong and unfortunately we have not been able to Ruger up!

The block is a one pc unit on the new T3, not add on pillars, recoil lug, etc. It is one pc with a tail system added. The block turned out very very slick to say the least.
The new 1042 T3 stock will be a hit for sure.
Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like no checkering?

Thanks.
I want that B & C stock really bad!!! Looks like a rough finish with no checkering? I love the design, bedding and finish. How soon can I get one???
Any chance these will be available in left hand? That sure would make my day.
I'll take it, PM sent........ grin
Gunner, does the bedding block snug that action down on the angles like a "V" block or does it bottom out on the flat on the bottom?
Left Hunter.......................not yet. I cannot say we will not make a LH, but no plans as of now. You never know though. OEM may demand it and allow since we built this one prior to asking.

Bedding block. There was a challenge. The "V" block design has been incorporated on several of our Medalist models, mostly in heavy bbl applications.

We have though in all started machining bedding blocks with small v cuts the length of the action. This works good, but isn't the real positive traditional V.

This block presented a challenge, the Lug. Had to be a one pc block or it would have been a press in lug and that just doesn't cut it. The present block will allow the action to settle in the block, but the traditional V is not there or present like on our varmint/tactical stocks.

However, most who are really concerned about the V at least skim bed there action. You are welcome in advance. This stock will require very very little bedding. Thanks to the action design as well.

I have built countless bedding blocks and have found that overall, it seems to be a wash. Keep in mind this is based on customer feedback as well as in house testing, OEM results, etc.

Complete round actions: The V block is great, but can also be a major issue. With factory actions it is almost certain that it should be skim bedded due to the manufacturing and finishing techniques. Machine and polish. Some get a bit carried away, and or are at the end of the bar stock, something??? Skim it and move on. I have to say that alot of late model round actions have been pretty good. I think Tikka is one of the better factory machined actions out there.

Custom actions: I have put together just about every round action out there and shot the heck out of them. The V block works very well with these, not one issue after skimming where I couldn't see a solid bed line. Surgeon, Stiller, Templer, Nesika, etc, etc.

Back to this stock. It is not a custom barreled action, however, I think they do an outstanding job at building a very very solid product that is well..........similar to the next and 100 serial numbers down the road.
The Sako Tecomate stock was a challenge but in the end, it turned out awesome. The Tikka 1042 follows suit and could possibly be a touch better only due to our manufacturing process on the bedding block.

Street price on these will most likely be in the $225 range. It will be the very best stock for the money out there today. Plus you will get it in 4 to 8 weeks tops.
A lot of hard work went into this stock and I hope you guys give me some good feedback over it. Good or bad, I wanna hear it. I need to hear it (not the good so much, just the bad if there is any).

Once again, sorry for the quick pics above, but figured you guys needed a peek!
Very interested in one of those. Can you drop a barreled action in there, complete with trigger guard etc and get a pic?

Shouldn't be an issue. Will be in the AM though. Kick me if you don't see it by mid am.
How about a group deal for those of us here on the Campfire? Early production and reviews for you?? You will find no better source for feedback.

Seriously, I would love to be a test shooter.
+1 on a group buy.
Sorry guys been busy this am, here are a couple pics of the bbl action installed.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nice! You guys have a winner with that one. ETA on availability?
Gunner,
Thanks for bringing out this stock. Are these going to be available in all your standard colors? I'll be looking for two of them. Looking to join the group buy if you can put one together for us.
Group buy? Would love to commit to it for you fellas, but cannot just yet. This thing needs finalized. Really shouldn't be much longer at all. Couple days to one week at best.

Have several PM's on this stock. I've read them, but cannot get them all answered just yet. I have taken notes though.

As a heads up, we may have a Varmint version in store next. My fingers are crossed as I know it would be popular as well.
Fellas, I really cannot tell you or show how nice this stock is. It just fits, functions, and delivers. Check it out even if you have reservations. It will serve you well.

Gotta get, will be poking and prodding to get this out ASAP! Thanks for the interest. We have tried very hard to bring them all to you and it just cannot be done. However, this one had to be available and we made it happen.

I don't have the ability to post here as much as I would like and or even try to keep up, but when I do, I try and accommodate the best I can. We built this stock of customer request (as well as the big man BOSS's request), and feed back, general knowledge of current offereings, but seriously input from websites such as 24hrCF.com. Keep it up. There are several models we would like to dedicate the time to, but it is not a wam bang get it done in two days deal.
We observe although don't have time to post on all threads. We listen and do our best. Once again, please keep the comments coming in. It does fuel projects!
In my opinion, Tikka is the most accurate, and affordable lightweight rifle on the market right now. Coupled with a nice stock, the competition is toast.
Haha, love the subtle change of "how about a group buy?" to "looking to join the group buy"...

Looks great, I would be in line for two. Now that you have the chassis figured out any chance of a varmint or light tactical model?
Fellas, Getting closer to releasing this. I will post here asap when the word is given.

Varmint version.........maybe
Order Up. They are available for order as of 2:30pm CT.

We have 10 or so each in -22,-30,-97 that will ship within a day or two.
That was quick!
What was the "official" weight on that puppy?
Originally Posted by 16bore
What was the "official" weight on that puppy?

+1

Also, where do you get one? Does B&C sell direct?
I just batch tested the weight on 15 stocks and they came in at 2.1 to 2.2 lbs. Most favored 2.1 lbs.

Due to the current lay up it appears that we will hold at this range for now.
Does'nt the factory stock go around 1lb 12oz? I hate the looks of the factory stock but would hate carrying an additional 5-6 oz's more. Does B/C have any plans to come up with something lighther than the oem stock? The whole point of the Tikka is to weigh less....JMO
Tikka weighs in at 30.3 oz and is a piece of schit. I'll take an extra few ounces of a well built stock over tupperware any friggin day..
Nice part about B&C, they put a real recoil pad on their stocks too.
Will the new B&C stocks also be available in a varmint/heavy barrel

channel configuration?
Maybe I missed it, but where are ya'll placing orders for these?
My factory Tikka went 29oz adding a limbsaver recoil pad pushed it to 35oz so I dont think 34-36 is really going to be much of a change. The sling, scope and mounts will have more affect than a couple ounces of stock.
So, how does the Wild Dog Custom compare with this B&C..?

AND..

Does anybody know if the WSM magazine will capture and cycle the 284 Winchester/6.5x284..?

OR...

Will the standard 308/30-06 based magazines capture and cycle the 284 Winchester/6.5x284.?

EDITED; To ask... How robust is the trigger group say in salt spray regions..?

Has anybody here had their Tikka fail in the field, and if so, how.?
I've got a Weatherby Super Predator Master with a B&C stock. It's tan with black spider web on it. If this is the same thing I think I will be ordering one. smile
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
Maybe I missed it, but where are ya'll placing orders for these?

I emailed B&C and was told that they would forward my email to someone who could help me.....haven't heard anything yet

Thanks 16, let us know what you hear back.
You can purchase direct through B&C and or go through the following distributors:

Shooters Discount
Stockys Stocks
Red Hawk Rifles

These distributors have established orders for this model this week. We are running 6 to 8 weeks so keep that in mind with ordering from them. We built up the inventory a bit to allow to give 24hr CF a first little trial run of them. Once again you can order direct now while we have them on the shelf.

...and while we're talking aftermarket. KRG-OPS... will be carrying these soon..

[Linked Image]

I can do without the knob, but the shrouds look decent
Nice to see people are starting to take notice of the Tikkas, and developing aftermarket goodies. Wish someone would make a replacement mag for a reasonable price...
Forget the mag, I wish there was a way to chop the top and ADL it...
Anyone know what the new Bell and Carlson stock for the T3 will cost?
Buckfever1
...and while we're talking aftermarket. KRG-OPS... will be carrying these soon..

[Linked Image]

Is that how the handle is attached from the factory, a dovetail ?
Yes bolt handle is dovetailed and retained by piece in the cocking mechanism. It is super strong and can be disassembled in seconds so swapping a bolt handle is very easy. Fantastic design.

Also the bolt "shroud" on this gun is just a dust cover or cosmetic shroud. It serves no mechanical purpose.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
In my opinion, Tikka is the most accurate, and affordable lightweight rifle on the market right now. Coupled with a nice stock, the competition is toast.

Somehow I'm pretty dang sure that other rifle companies will survive.

BTW, how much $ would a guy have into a Tikka T3 and a B&C stock?
A Tikka + new stock is still coming in a few hundred less than a Kimber MT. Hey, I was skeptical about Tikkas too until I bought one. It outshoots everything in my safe.
Forget the mag, I wish there was a way to chop the top and ADL it...

Now THAT would sell some rifles.
It will cost more to order direct from B&C, about $375 shipped. Someone at B&C recommended Jim at Aftermarket Innovations (www.rifle-accuracy.com), 1-800-528-6900. He can place the order for $248 (Spider web finish) shipped to your door.
$375 for a B&C? No thanks.
It's $248 shipped if ordered through Jim at AMI.
If I didn't owe Rick Bin money, and my gunsmith money, I would be all over it for $248. Have to wait a bit.
Any clue if these fit the Tikka 695 (whitetail) as well?
JG,

Not sure, but highly I doubt it. I have both the 695 and T3 and the actions appear to have different dimensions although I haven't taken formal measurements. Maybe the 695 would fit the T3 B&C with a little competent gunsmith work?

T-3's run $625-$650'ish. So tack on the stock for $250 and you're at $900. You can pick up a SS ADL for about $450 plus $200 for a Ti stock. Add in a Jewel trigger for another $200 and you still got $50 to spend.

An ADL is not a lightweight configuration. The Tikka has a slim receiver, and slim barrel shank, and probably beats it by a pound. Plus, you can get the even lighter fluted version Tikka...

[Linked Image]

I'd love to have the colored bolt and shroud on my Tikka; however, I don't see the parts listed for them on the KRG site link???

Where can you buy them?
An ADL is not a lightweight configuration. The Tikka has a slim receiver, and slim barrel shank, and probably beats it by a pound. Plus, you can get the even lighter fluted version Tikka...

Tikka, Talley, Nikon Monarch 2x7 = 7lb 3oz
Rem 700 SA, Talley, M8 6x42 = 7lb 8oz

Both in their factory stocks, which are crap, as well as that friggin Nikon...

Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

[Linked Image]

I'd love to have the colored bolt and shroud on my Tikka; however, I don't see the parts listed for them on the KRG site link???

Where can you buy them?

They just became a distributor for the company that makes them. Evidently they're from a land down unda....

I always get a kick out of the "T-3 stock is crap" crowd. Admittedly they're not the greatest thing to look at. I don't buy hunting rifles to marvel at their beauty while they're in the rack. I buy 'em to use and use hard, drag them through the sand, dirt, etc. Those T-3's with their "crappy" stocks out shoot everything I've owned including a Steyr and several Sako's. That being said, I do like the idea of having that B&C stock on one of my T-3's.
I received my B&C stock Friday. Very nicely done, excellent fit and finish. Hope to get it to the range soon.

B&C top, WD bottom

[Linked Image]
I can dig that. Looking forward to bolting one on myself...
Originally Posted by MCT3
I received my B&C stock Friday. Very nicely done, excellent fit and finish. Hope to get it to the range soon.

B&C top, WD bottom

[Linked Image]

Who did you end up buying that stock from?
Here's a source for the T-3 Shroud
They are exporting them to KRG-OPS...
So, anyone have a real world weight for that stock yet? Not the advertised weight, but actually putting it on a scale.

thanks.
Originally Posted by MCT3

B&C top, WD bottom

[Linked Image]

Who did you end up buying that stock from?

Jim at Aftermarket Innovations (www.rifle-accuracy.com), 1-800-528-6900
So, anyone have a real world weight for that stock yet? Not the advertised weight, but actually putting it on a scale.

thanks.

Sorry, I didn't weigh the stock alone but the pictured rig with scope weighs 7.5 lbs. The same rig with the original wood stock weighed just over 7 lbs
Just weighed mine...took the scope off, and gun with rings/bases is exactly 6lbs, 8oz. Just wouldn't want to add weight if it is heavier than the factory version.
Just let me know when it is available in left-hand, and I will be happy to get several.
16bore - thanks a bunch for this. Been looking for a metallic replacement for the factory unit and now I've got two (2) options. How about a lead on magazines that don't cost a kidney? Homesteader.
I wish they offered the colored shrouds though, at least they didn't last time I checked. As for the mags.....ugh. If you could open the top of the receiver and ditch the mags ala ADL style, it'd make me happy.

Where's that damn dremel tool......
Does anyone with this stock have any more detailed pics of the recoil block area? I would love to order one up for my Tikka .300 wsm hunter. The current Aluminum block is beat to crap and my accuracy is terrible with this rifle because of that. I'm wondering what kind of metal was used in the B&C design and if I'll have the same problem with this magnum caliber.

I've got a .223 varmint that shoots lights out but the recoil is far less on that weak aluminum block Tikka supplies. I'm hoping this one is hardened or even stainless.

Count me in for that Varmint Model B&C as well!
Originally Posted by BBsteel
Does anyone with this stock have any more detailed pics of the recoil block area? I would love to order one up for my Tikka .300 wsm hunter. The current Aluminum block is beat to crap and my accuracy is terrible with this rifle because of that. I'm wondering what kind of metal was used in the B&C design and if I'll have the same problem with this magnum caliber.

I've got a .223 varmint that shoots lights out but the recoil is far less on that weak aluminum block Tikka supplies. I'm hoping this one is hardened or even stainless.

You could pull out your block, flip it over and re-insert it. Torque the front screw to at least 45"in lbs or so.
[Linked Image]

The one from page 1 is pretty good. I'd be curious to see how the stock woulda done with just the recoil lug and pillars, ala Ti Mountain Rifle. Bet it would shaved quite a bit of weight. Do the lug in titanium and you could have some extra shizzle..

Originally Posted by Tennessee
Originally Posted by BBsteel

You could pull out your block, flip it over and re-insert it. Torque the front screw to at least 45"in lbs or so.

Did that and it still sucks. I'm not a fan of Tikka's in the magnum calibers. The design can not handle the recoil abuse.
Devcon 10110...
Devcon 10110...

Yep, I think I may start there. I have a friend who will machine me a stainless block to match my action and I'll pillar bed and devcon it and be done. Be a good first time bedding project for me.
You Tikka guys might like this

Talley Mod
I just received my Bell & Carlson 1042 Tikka stock and they really hit a homer with this stock. The bolt up is perfect, this stock fits like a glove with perfect margins in the barrel channel. I am very pleased.

I have a 338 win mag and the overall weight with no extras and factory magazine in place with the new stock is 6 lbs 7 ounces.
Question, is that lug part of the aluminum block, or can it be removed?
The lug cannot be removed. The aluminum block has the lug machined in place.
Originally Posted by southwind
I just received my Bell & Carlson 1042 Tikka stock and they really hit a homer with this stock. The bolt up is perfect, this stock fits like a glove with perfect margins in the barrel channel. I am very pleased.

I have a 338 win mag and the overall weight with no extras and factory magazine in place with the new stock is 6 lbs 7 ounces.

What did that cost...if you don't mind?

Any photos...please.
I purchased mine through Shooters Discount Inc. for $223.00 plus like $12 shipping I think.

I will take some photos and post this evening.

Gunner75, great job!
I just picked up my second B&C stock that's going on my Tikka 6.5x55. This one is tan w/black web. I bought mine from a shop listed on Gunbroker for $230.00 shipped. My first one is olive w/black web that was put on my stainless 30-06. I really like how well they fit the actions and me. If I buy another Tikka I'll also buy another B&C stock.
How are you guys bedding around the lug? Masking off the front, or are you not bedding them? Thanks.
I don't know but I think this stock was derived from B&C's creation of the Tecomate stock for the Sako A7. Seems very very similar.

You ask for pics, here they are.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I am not going to bed or skim coat until I find it might need it. From what I am seeing I don't believe it will be necessary.
Very nice SW.
Looks like a perfect fit. Nice!
Gunner,

Any chance of a group buy?
Southwind....

Can I ask what your Tikka weighs with the new B&C stock? Thanks
tedtf, 6lbs-8oz. with the new stock. I think B&C did a great job on these stocks.
Thanks very much. I assume that is without a scope. Correct?
Yes, that would be without scope. Mine (pic pg #9) weighs 7.5lbs with scope. It shoots tiny little groups consistently, same POI time after time. I just screwed the barreled action into the stock.....no bedding, perfect fit.
Wish they'd (Gunner) would come out with a T3 Varmint stock soon! I'd snatch one up fast.
I've never taken the stock off of a Tikka, is it easy?
lefty loosey......ain't long division

Wow! Thanks for all the help.

One in every crowd. sick
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400

Wow! Thanks for all the help.

One in every crowd. sick

Come on Dude, I don't think he meant anything by it. Unscrew the two action screws on the botton of the stock, and pull the action away from the stock. It's as easy as that.
Unscrew the two action screws on the botton of the stock, and pull the action away from the stock. It's as easy as that.

That's what I was looking for. Thank you sir.
Also in line for a LH version. Dont leave those of us in our right mind out..
Ok, took the bait and bought one. Very dissapointed...Block is canted, and it is a poor design. They should have just used a recoil slot like the factory stock, that way you could bed the action easily.
So your barreled action sits in the stock crooked? Not cool.

I'm having several 700 style lugs CNC machined for Tikka's, and will be pinning them between the actions and the barrels. Then bedding them into McMillans.

I've heard some good things about the B&C lately, from several people who got one.
This action sits crooked in that it is high in the back, low in the front.

I've never seen a B&C that didn't need a little work. The problem with this one is, due to the recoil lug design, you cannot elevate the front of the action to get it to sit level.

This one is sitting tang high, so the barrel is not floated. You can sand the channel, but that didn't offer much float. On a gun with a normal recoil lug, you can simply elevate the front and bed it because the lug is deep enough. On the Tikka, if you elevate the front, it lifts up off the lug they molded into the block.

They should have just used a slot on the block instead. Then you could elevate the action if you needed to. Right now I am sitting on a $250 club.

B&C told me to go pound sand, because I already messed with it. I thought it just needed a little removed from the channel, so I already started. Then I realized it was the aluminum skeleton was actually canted.

McMillan makes a plethora of Tikka stocks.

You just need to upgrade to a model 700 action and youre good to go.

:p
haha.

I have a couple M700's, unfortunately none shoot like this Tikka. This Tikka is one of those gems you stumble upon once in a lifetime. It happily shoots anything you feed it.

Probably slum the B&C if I can make it work, then upgrade to a McMillan later. I already have a mcmillan on order for my Ruger, so I need to wait till it is done and paid for.
I picked up a Tikka last year and mine is the same...as member 'Royce" says, load development for a tikka consists of putting ammo in it....

I LOVE my 700s but the damn tikka just digests everything...
My 7-08 T-3 is the same way. Shot it last week into .5 or so with 140 gr ballistic silvertip facory loads. It shoots so well I haven't screwed with it at all.
Probably slum the B&C if I can make it work, then upgrade to a McMillan later.

I really like this Mickey. Sako Varmint pattern. 708 T-3 sitting in it.
[Linked Image]
That's very nice yukonal. VERY nice. How do they address the recoil lug issue in that stock?
I grinded down the tang with the dremel last night, and rebedded the stock. I believe it should work now. Keep you posted.

I would like a Mcmillan, but $$$ is short right now.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
That's very nice yukonal. VERY nice. How do they address the recoil lug issue in that stock?

McMillan includes one in the stock, in the same place.

Here is my Tikka T3 .243 in a stock from norway KKC

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I had a T3 and really liked the action. There wasn't [bleep] for aftermarket stocks then and it wound up living at my brother's house.

Now, my buddy one upped me with a 338 WM, and I want another one. I was going to build another 700 action.

But now, I'm convinced I want a T3 lite in 338 WM and a Mickey, and it'll cost me 800 bucks less.
Never had issues with the factory synthetic stock.. Tikka, it is what it is. I'm happy with it smile
A Mickey handle on a tikka kinda defeats the whole "fire and forget" concept behind them..
Yes it does, but If the factory Tikka stock is the only part that you don't like about the whole rifle, put a fine quality stock on it and really love that rifle.
Might not be a bad idea for a big chested short armed fat man (me) that needs 12.75 length of pull.

Randy
Got a special order 9.3x62mm in a T-3 coming in August. Debating whether to spring for the B&C now, or order a McM. With all the praise going on for the B&C Tikka T-3 stock, I still have at least one unanswered question. That is, has anything been done to these stocks to reduce the bulkiness and/or circumference of the grip? They seem just a bit thick to me, and I own and have owned several.
Since working the B&C over a bit, I did get a good fit, and I must admit...I am really digging this stock. Very compfortable to sit behind, and the real recoil pad is nice.

Just remember...if you need to bed your B&C, don't put any bedding near the recoil lug. Sounds odd, but they match up too closely and any bedding that oozes on the lug will throw everything off.
Bummer to hear your block was tilted. I have two of the stocks and I did a skim coat on both and replaced the actions screws with allen heads so I could torque them down propertly. About 900 rounds of .270 since I switched the stock out and it has been rock solid.

If I can find a varmint/light tactical profile I will buy another one.
Range Report with my new Tikka stock. Took off the old one and it fit nicely into the new one. No adjustments needed. You are looking at shots 1, 2, and 3. No bore sighting or adjustments needed.

Range was 100 yards
Berger 175's
300 Win Mag

Attached picture photo.JPG
You missed grin
Wow!
What's the exact weight on the B&C Tikka replacement?
Mine weighed in at 7 lbs 6 ounces. It added 3.5 ounces.

Scoped up with a Leupold 4.5-14
Originally Posted by Hamburg81
You missed grin

Oops. The picture rotated. Rotate one turn clockwise. 2" high at 100 yards.
© 24hourcampfire