Home
I have been holding off getting my Sako TRG camo dipped because I am trying to decide on a pattern. I think I like the fall predator pattern, but there is a skull pattern that looks cool. Don't know if the skulls are a little too much tactical sniper though sick . What have you guys done?
I had the bottom gun done by Tarjac http://www.tarjac.com/services.htm and they did a great job, super tough, turn time was great and I felt it was priced right. IIRC these guyd do all the factory Remington guns. They also have the skull pattern you mentioned.

[Linked Image]
Nice piece of wood on the second one down.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pmc
Nice guys. I am thinking about just getting the stock done, and painting the metal.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
How much does just a stock run? Those are nice looking rifles fellas.
Of course you can use dipping to give a more traditional look...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My recollection is about $125 for a stock.
Originally Posted by utah708

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice! I want to know everything you can tell me about the finish on that stock. How's the checkering look/feel?
Always wanted to try getting one dipped. I know Black Ice Coatings in UT does coating.
CFVA,

Is that a wooden stock that has been dipped? Looks awesome.
CFVA,

Dooood...you need to scroll down and check out the thread on no new Brownings.... shocked
I have all I need. I don't care if the rest of the world can't get 'em.. Hahhahhhaaaaaa!

I sure don't want one now. Just think, they will probably ship those contaminated guns all over the world when they get back to work.

No thanks...

I'm buying a Winchester M-70 next anyways.. smile
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
CFVA,

I'm assuming it's a synthetic that's been dipped. First I've seen with checkering on it. Inquiring minds want to know...
Who had the skulls?
Some debul. wink

Probably Tom264.
nimrod1949 sent me the skulls link (magnumdood's rifle):

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4983266/1
Here's a cheapo Remington synthetic in Skyline camo.

Looks better than the pic shows, should be fine for tree stand hunting. If thats how you role.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by CFVA

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice! I want to know everything you can tell me about the finish on that stock. How's the checkering look/feel?

You raise a key issue. The major downside I see to the dipping I had done is that it really gummed up the checkering. There is a thick primer layer, the dip layer, and then I think a clear coat on top. All of that fills in the checkering quite a bit. I will probably get more things dipped going forward, but I doubt I will do another stock that has checkering. Live and learn.
Utah,

Is that a synthetic or wood stock?

JM
They are McMillan, in the Echols Legend pattern.
Who did the work?
Hydro-dip, of Meridian Idaho
GAP 6mm Crusader

dipped in Nat. Gear Camo

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You raise a key issue. The major downside....to the dipping..... is that it really gummed up the checkering. I will probably get more things dipped going forward, but I doubt I will do another stock that has checkering.

The checkering must mean something to McMillan. It means nothing to me. I like my new Edge but it'd suit me fine of it had no checkering at all. I would like to get it dipped in RealTree Max 1 but have yet to find a place that offers it. There are other patterns from King (i think) that I like too.
http://www.dashdips.com/

and here...

http://outdoorhydrographics.com/

laugh grin cool

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

WHOA!!!!! WHICH PATTERN/COMPANY IS THIS???????
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Some debul. wink

Probably Tom264.
Laffin'

I think I paid $65 to have mine done about 5 yrs ago.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire