Home
Am thinking about replacing the factory trigger in my 9.3x62 with the Timney unit. Anyone have a Timney in their CZ 550? If so, how do you like it? How difficult was installation and adjustment?

The factory trigger on my rifle is fine, it just sits a bit too far forward in the trigger guard for my liking. From the pictures it appears the Timney sits a bit farther back.
I do not own any CZ's, however, i just got done reading some information on them in Charlie Sisks book. You might give him a call and get his opinion, which is, the CZ trigger mechanisms are overly complicated and the timney is an improvment.
http://siskguns.com/
I'm very happy with the set trigger on my CZ
Just have your 'smith take it down to 3# (The set function goes away and it works great!)
I took mine down to 3lbs and adjusted all travel out. It is all the trigger my timneys are.
As noted in my original post, I don't mind the function of the factory trigger on my CZ. It is just fine, and I adjusted it myself to 3.5lbs.

What I don't like is the position of the trigger in the trigger guard. It sits farther forward than I prefer in a rifle, and is akin to the position of the front trigger in a dual trigger SxS.
Had them added to 2 customized rifles using CZ barreled actions; one a 375 H&H and one a .30-06. They have become two of my favorites. Triggers are matched in weight and are a great improvement over the originals.
© 24hourcampfire