Home

I recently bought a FAT wrench, my first of this type.

Wonder what is recommended for torqueing the screws on a 75 Finnlight with factory plastic stock, and Sako rings/bases.

Thanks.
Before you touch the ring screws.....be veddy veddy veddy sure your bit is a tight fit. The metal they used for the screws is as tough as 90* butter.

But, on a lighter note.....if you waste them, I have some high grade ones.
Originally Posted by high_country_
Before you touch the ring screws.....be veddy veddy veddy sure your bit is a tight fit. The metal they used for the screws is as tough as 90* butter.

Optilocks, or the original, old style sako rings?
Are you asking about the front and rear action screws? I called Sako about the specs for my a7 and they said between 55-60 in/lbs. Best to just call them.
FAT Wrench, that's another Smilin Larry Potterfield special ain't it? There ain't nothing Ole Larry can't fix in less than a minute...and smile the whole time! Damn, I wonder how I used to get by without Smilin Larry smile

Guys:

Thanks for the replies thus far. Calling Sako means calling Beretta USA, doesn't it? I haven't tried it myself, but seem to recall others being vexed by the experience.

If all else fails, of course.

Oh, and thanks for the reminder about the softness of the optilock screws.

- Tom
Yeah,nothing worse than a soft screw.......

Sorry, had to do it. It's been an ugly day..

Toss Beretta, an email and see what they have to say.
Originally Posted by GeoW
FAT Wrench, that's another Smilin Larry Potterfield special ain't it? There ain't nothing Ole Larry can't fix in less than a minute...and smile the whole time! Damn, I wonder how I used to get by without Smilin Larry smile

I just tighten screws until they start to strip then back off half a turn.
That's the way South Georgia gunsmiths would do it.. No offense to S Georgia gunsmiths, if there are any. I just haven't found one yet. smile
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Optilocks, or the original, old style sako rings?

Optilock ring screws. I am drawing a blank but I think they are 4.5mmx an odd pitch.
High country where did you order the better screws from? Are they blued or stainless?

Dink
[/quote]I just tighten screws until they start to strip then back off half a turn.[/quote]

Ha! Laffin....!
Blacktail53 - you have to listen very closely to hear the screw threads start to scream...LOL. Homesteader.
Originally Posted by DINK
High country where did you order the better screws from? Are they blued or stainless?

Dink

I ordered them from my hardware supplier, the heads are too big and had to be turned down. They are black oxide high grade, I hit em with oxphor before installation. It is a lot of work for a damn screw......but worth it.
Originally Posted by DINK

Dink

I ordered them from my hardware supplier, the heads are too big and had to be turned down. They are black oxide high grade, I hit em with oxphor before installation. It is a lot of work for a damn screw......but worth it.

This thread is definitely waxing philosophical. grin
© 24hourcampfire