Home
Recently purchased a NULA. 30-06, and was thinking adding another
lightweight rifle to the mix in a smaller caliber and also a smaller price tag.
With all the talk about the Kimber rifles on here, I checked out the website
today. While they do make some nice looking rifles, I see NONE listed as being made in a left hand version.
Surely I must be missing the lefty offerings??? I tried to call their customer service number, but gave up after 25 minutes on hold.

So does Kimber just not make left handed bolt rifles?

Yeah sorry, as far as I know, no left hand rifles.
If they did id own a few by now.....
Kimber has been up front from the beginning that they have no intention of building LH rifles.Considering that Forbes averages 20% LH rifles,I can't say that I blame Kimber.
Kimber has been up front from the beginning that they have no intention of building LH rifles.Considering that Forbes averages 20% LH rifles,I can't say that I blame Kimber.

Bauer,
I guess I don't understand your meaning. I'm a sales rep for at&t, so I talk to LOTS of people every day. If 20% of my customers came in asking for a product that we didn't offer, I would take notice. I understand that it's all about money in the end BUT........I guess I'll never understand why a company wanting to sell as many rifles as possible wouldn't offer a left handed option, even if it was in limited models and calibers.
Hard to believe any business would pass on a 20 percent slice of a market.....
I don't have any idea how much money it would take Kimber for the equipment to produce limited left handed models, but I know that if I could have had the choice between a left hand Kimber Montana for $1,200 and a left hand NULA for $3,100, I probably would have bought the Kimber.
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Agreed. But I am one of the Lefties that wishes Kimber would put the LH's into production. So my opinion is probably biased.
If all left handed shooters bought nothing but left handed rifles you could be sure there would be lots more offerings from all the manufacturers.

The fact remains that too many lefties settle for shooting wrong handed rifles. The reason UL's sales are so high for lefties is because there is not much else out there, so he is one of several manufacturers that provides what the customer wants.

If remington, winchester and all the others offered every single model both lefty and righty, UL's sales would fall through the floor.
Have emailed them on the subject before and the response was that they didn't currently produce any left-handed models and had no plans to do so, which is a damned shame, as I count myself among those who'd have use for several if they did.
Hey school did you sell the 300WM ? I looked at Kimbers the other day in Cabelas....... nice rifles for the money. The fit on the stocks was very nice.
They originally cataloged the 84's in lefty version, but never produced them. Would love to own a few myself.

They would sell more rifles if they made a lefty.

Maybe they should take notice of this.
Gravestone,
Yeah, I had a .300 Win. Mag. that Hill Country Rifles built for me that I recently sold.

I admit that at the start of the build, I was suffering from a case of "magnum-itis".

Since the rifle took 6 months to build, by the time I received it, the "infection" had worn off and I decided to transition to a more practical caliber.

How much more "practicle" can you get than the .30-06?
Originally Posted by schoolcraft

How much more "practicle" can you get than the .30-06?

I cannot think of a more practical round. Sorry i ever sold mine!!!
Melvin Forbes has said from the start that if demand dictates it,he'll offer a LH version in the Forbes Rifle.Pester him till he does.
All you gotta do is ask Sammer wink :

[Linked Image]
That just flat out hurts! wink
That's a fine looking rifle, make and model?
I'd say a Kimber 84 and some digital reverse imaging magic.

I love the way you put a left hand scope on it as well. wink
If i had to use it to hunt with i wouldn't have one of the right hand version if someone gave it to me.
Got tired of waiting and bought a righthand 223. If they come out with a lefty 223, I'll have another. Not holding my breath as finding righthand versions is hard enough.
I own quite a few left handed rifles. None of them are Kimbers, new Winchesters, new Sako's. I guess it depends on what your break even quota would be to justify the tooling, but I'd probably be in the market for all of those if they made them. I think they're missing out on sales.
They have to know what sales they're missing out on?!?!??? Id love to have a LH new featherweight or Montana in. 270 ......
The only thing we can do is call Winchester, or Kimber, periodically and pester the hell out of them, I do it...
I'd love a new Kimber or a short action LH Winchester. Would be a left hand guys dream to be able to walk into a gun dealer and order a new lefty, 7x57 or .257 Rob. I guess you can if you want to shell out $3500.00 or so.
Kimber advertised that LH rifle years ago. I gave up waiting after ordering one, and got a Savage. Since then, I've bought two other LH bolt guns, including a Weatherby.

I guess they don't need my money. So be it.
Originally Posted by kcm270
Kimber advertised that LH rifle years ago. I gave up waiting after ordering one, and got a Savage. Since then, I've bought two other LH bolt guns, including a Weatherby.

I guess they don't need my money. So be it.

Which Weatherby model did you get? I have an older LH German .257 and I love the gun. I'm thinking of getting a LH Ultralight in .257 but have been looking around for an opinion from an owner.
Kimber can't keep up with the demand for the right-handed models as it is, or production is really slow that way.
Originally Posted by Bauer

Well, the LH version is on their CAD... just never made.

Their former Chief Design Engineer is a South Paw and even he couldn't make it happen.

Maybe some day but I wouldn't hold my breath... too bad.

That is too bad, as for some reason I feel for left handed people. Hardly nothing is made for them.

My Daughter is left handed. She would like a nice rifle (Kimber)84 Montana and paint the stock pink. <g> girls...

Have a good New Year..

Yup. I know they'd sell a handful of LH Montanas to me alone...
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

That is too bad, as for some reason I feel for left handed people. Hardly nothing is made for them.

My Daughter is left handed. She would like a nice rifle (Kimber)84 Montana and paint the stock pink. <g> girls...

Have a good New Year..

I'll bet the pink LH Montana would be the most leathal gun in deer camp. My buddies wives always seem to bag the best bucks with their shinny guns now.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

[Linked Image]

I've been staring at that for at least 2 minutes wondering what in the hell?

Shadow is on the wrong side of the stump....

grin
Big Iron, it is a 270 Wby LH sporter, with a Zeiss 3x9x36 Diavari.

$800 on the rack used with two boxes of factory ammo.

And it shoots well...love the darn thing. Just need a hunting season to make it work.
Big Iron, it is a 270 Wby LH sporter, with a Zeiss 3x9x36 Diavari.

$800 on the rack used with two boxes of factory ammo.

And it shoots well...love the darn thing. Just need a hunting season to make it work.

Sounds like great deal. Nice caliber and great gun. I know exactly what you mean about hunting season. Deer seasons over, I got a bear about a month ago. I can hunt pigs, but its only been a few weeks and I'm going nuts already.
Pigs are fun, I'd hunt them every day if I could. And I can see buying a Ruger for a friend who was starting to hunt.....not everyone is a rifle crank like many of us here. Congrats on the bear...send some meat to Colorado. smile
Pigs are fun, I'd hunt them every day if I could. And I can see buying a Ruger for a friend who was starting to hunt.....not everyone is a rifle crank like many of us here. Congrats on the bear...send some meat to Colorado. smile

Pigs are fun, but nothing compares to deer hunting in my book. You wouldn't believe how good the bear chops are. I was really surprised. I really do think the 20" barrel on the RCM is going to make for a really handy gun.
LH Mauser deal going down on AR in the Lefties forum.
AR15.com?
www.accuratereloading.com forums. Lefties is a forum under the Shooting section.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums

The styling of the Model 70 they are offering is not my cup of tea but I'd like a LH Mauser 98 in 7X57 just for the barreled action.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

[Linked Image]

I've been staring at that for at least 2 minutes wondering what in the hell?

Shadow is on the wrong side of the stump....

grin

"Rotate and Flip" in Picture Manager. I thought yours was one of the few worth manipulating!
Found it.. I just registered to AR. I'd be up for three of those calibers.
Bumped.......

How about it Kimber, any change of heart??

*84M Montana LH* ??
I plan on pestering them at the SHOT show in a couple of weeks. Couldn't hurt...
I begged them years ago for a left hand 260 Rem and the answer was always no. Moved on now and probably wouldn't buy one now anymore, there are lots of other options these days.
Originally Posted by SCHOOLCRAFT
I'm a sales rep for at&t, so I talk to LOTS of people every day.

GFY!

There, I feel lots better....

Doubt that the market is anywhere near 20% for left-handed rifles. Probably less than 10%.
Originally Posted by Huntr
I plan on pestering them at the SHOT show in a couple of weeks. Couldn't hurt...

Chip, my friend Pete was Chief Design Engineer at Kimber. He's a lefty. He designed the 84L and made the modifications on the 84M and 8400 to feed properly. He designed lefty Kimbers. They're on CAD. Even with all that he couldn't get the ownership to budge to make them. Not enough market for such a small Co. is the likely thinking. I don't know for a fact, but I'd bet the biggest part is stock production, particularly the Montana's.
© 24hourcampfire