Home
Posted By: CP New model 70 offerings - 01/10/12
It looks like we have a new FN Ultimate Shadow in stainless. And a few others�
http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/category.asp?family=001C
Posted By: SLDUCK Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/10/12
i like the looks of the Alaskan Model with 25 inch barrel. Thinking getting 30-06 and re-boring to 9.3x62
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/10/12
I just looked at the catalog online and there are 2 models in .264 win mag,the Sporter and the Ultimate Shadow,I wonder if I can convince my wife into letting me buy one?
Posted By: BIGR Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/10/12
Why can't they go ahead, build a lefty in the EW and be done with it.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I just looked at the catalog online and there are 2 models in .264 win mag,the Sporter and the Ultimate Shadow,I wonder if I can convince my wife into letting me buy one?

You missed the Featherweight with a 24" barrel.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/10/12
I like this new stainless Ultimate Shadow rifle better than the Extreme Weather model, I hate the blocky Bell & Carlson stock on the Extreme Weather, this stock might look a little out there but I bet it feels good, I'm thinkin one of these in .300 WSM might be nice.................Hb
Posted By: mudstud Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/10/12
I had one of the local money pits order me a 264 Featherweight yesterday. It took that to get me to buy my first FN70! If only it was stainless, I would really be a happy camper.
Posted By: safariman Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
That is going to be one sa weet rig mudboy! We will HAVE to see some pics of that one, and a report.

Are there any left hand 264 WinMags in the line up?
Posted By: KDK Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
I'm pretty sure one of the Sporter .264s will be ordered on my next trip home. Maybe one of the Alaskan .338s down the road? And I'd like to pick up one of the '71s, though it's not as pressing as the others.
Posted By: WinModel70 Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
Originally Posted by BIGR
Why can't they go ahead, build a lefty in the EW and be done with it.

X2!!!
I'd buy 3 or 4 as soon as they hit the shelves.
Originally Posted by SLDUCK
i like the looks of the Alaskan Model with 25 inch barrel. Thinking getting 30-06 and re-boring to 9.3x62

I think I'll get one in .30/06 also. It would be interesting to see what velocity can be achieved with a 25-inch barrel.
Posted By: JasonH Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
I heard about that Alaskan model 2-3 months ago, and it is exactly what I was picturing. It is basically a true pre-64 look alike. Even down to the saddle for the rear sight. I was getting ready to buy a Ruger SR556e, but I think the Alaskan just took priority. Man, thats just a classic looking rifle.
Posted By: tuam76 Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
Awesome!! Where can I order an ultimate shadow stainless and how long does it take to arrive?
Posted By: 444Matt Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
That Alaskan model seems pretty heavy to me, wonder what it would go in a Micky Edge?
Posted By: Dan360 Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
Originally Posted by 444Matt
That Alaskan model seems pretty heavy to me, wonder what it would go in a Micky Edge?

Be cheaper just to get a blued ultimate shadow and park it in an EDGE.
Posted By: blargon Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
That Ultimate SS will kill the EW sales. With them both at the same weight, I wouldn't pay $300 more just to get the B&C stock and a fluted barrel. I'd just put that $$ toward an edge.
Posted By: jbmi Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
Looks like they brought back the Model 94 in 30-30 38-55.
But who's going to pay $1500 for one?
Posted By: Bella1 Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
I WILL ALSO!!!! MAYBE 5or six!!!
Posted By: 1tnhunter Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I like this new stainless Ultimate Shadow rifle better than the Extreme Weather model, I hate the blocky Bell & Carlson stock on the Extreme Weather, this stock might look a little out there but I bet it feels good, I'm thinkin one of these in .300 WSM might be nice.................Hb

I agree i'm not a fan of the B&C stock.The 2 Extreme Weathers i looked at had a lousy fit with that stock.
Posted By: CP Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/11/12
For a change, I wanted my next .30-06 to wear a 24� barrel. So with the new Ultimate Shadow, I�ll get both stainless steel and a 24� barrel. Life is good� CP
Posted By: stray round Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/12/12
Seeing as they are making 264mag barrels maybe there is hope for a 6.5 Creedmoor in the 70 Compact Featherweight or at least a 6.5x55 in the standard Featherweight.
Posted By: KDK Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/12/12
I'd buy a Swede Fwt.
Posted By: tuam76 Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/12/12
So would I. I see a few featherweights in .264 win mag on gunbroker but how long will he have to wait for the sporter and shadow stainless offerings?
Posted By: Kenneth Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/12/12
They don't start making lefties, I'm suing for discrimination,

WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!! (in my best John Belushi imitation)

FOOOOD FIGHTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: bearstalker Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
I was beginning to wonder if Winchester would ever bring out another stainless 375 H&H; now I know:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Travis13 Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
.223 please
Yep, I need a LH version for my daughter. If not she will shoot a Ruger or a levergun, which are both good options.
Posted By: KDK Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
Originally Posted by bearstalker
I was beginning to wonder if Winchester would ever bring out another stainless 375 H&H; now I know:

[Linked Image]

Excuse me while I babble incoherently and drool on my keyboard.
Way to go FN....steppin it up.

Wish the Ultimate Shadow SS came in 7WSM though...would be great to drop in a Mickey.
Posted By: Tanner Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
7WSM and 264... Viable! But, how's the COAL latitude with the model 70 WSM action?
Posted By: bearstalker Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
Originally Posted by KDK

[Linked Image]

Yep! I better start saving my pennies for that one.
Indeed, winchester is stepping up their game a bit. Awfully tempting new products. "Things that make you go hmmmmm..."....
Posted By: KDK Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
No kidding. I have a ton of rifles to buy before I get married in May.
Originally Posted by blargon
That Ultimate SS will kill the EW sales. With them both at the same weight, I wouldn't pay $300 more just to get the B&C stock and a fluted barrel. I'd just put that $$ toward an edge.

+1
Originally Posted by KDK
No kidding. I have a ton of rifles to buy before I get married in May.

You're too dang busy to be getting married grin
Posted By: Tanner Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
Does anybody shoot a model 70 WSM action that can attest to their COAL latitudes? How long could I seat 162 AMAXes or 168 Bergers? Always thought that was a cool cart...
Posted By: SK_Cinch Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
Sure wish the Ultimate Shadow and/or Extreme Weather would come in .223, 22-250 or .204
I think there's a .30/06 Alaskan in my future, and maybe a .257 featherweight, too.
Posted By: Alex38 Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
Whoa! I almost ordered a new Sako last night, but now I've got some thinking to do...
Posted By: Travis13 Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
I am loving the idea of a ultimate ss wrapped in an edge
Originally Posted by TannerGun
7WSM and 264... Viable! But, how's the COAL latitude with the model 70 WSM action?

If theyre similar to the NH model 70's they'll be stellar. My pushfeed 7WSMs mag was great, no problem seating to kiss the lands,,,
Posted By: mudstud Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
YeeHaw! Picked up my two sexty four Featherweight this afternoon! I am pleased, the wood has a little figure in it, as much as one can expect on a production grade rifle. All in all, it looks like a very nice rifle. My first FN70! Now this same dealer has ordered two Shot Show Special Featherweight Bobs for me this morning (down at the Shot Show), as well as one each of the JOC Tributes. Where did I go wrong?
Posted By: BWalker Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/17/12
Originally Posted by KDK

[Linked Image]

Gun would be perfect without that god awful stock pattern.
Posted By: 1tnhunter Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/18/12
Two smart calibers Winchester is offering {257BOB & 264WM}.At least Winchester is paying attention,unlike their #1 competitor.
Posted By: Alex38 Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/18/12
Any idea on when the Ultimate Shadow SS rifles will be available? I think I may have found my next gun...
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: New model 70 offerings - 01/18/12
Originally Posted by mudstud
YeeHaw! Picked up my two sexty four Featherweight this afternoon! I am pleased, the wood has a little figure in it, as much as one can expect on a production grade rifle. All in all, it looks like a very nice rifle. My first FN70! Now this same dealer has ordered two Shot Show Special Featherweight Bobs for me this morning (down at the Shot Show), as well as one each of the JOC Tributes. Where did I go wrong?

You went wrong in that you will never have time to give the deserved attention to all thoes new rifles.Please send one to me ASAP so that I can take proper care of it.
© 24hourcampfire