Home
What do yall know about these guns. The one I am looking at is a mint 30-06, with P.O. Ackley markings on top of barrel and it has an Interarms action? Can yall tell me about what it should be worth in mint condition, quality, and potintial accuracy?

Thanks
HeavyBarrel
Pics would help greatly. P.O. was a fine gunsmith so unless it has been messed with it should be more than accurate enough.
The second centerfile rifle I bought was a Ackley-built rifle, back in about 1975 or so. Ackley built them and sold them for several years, and I think in other chambers, though I never saw one in anything than .30-06. It was a nice rifle, and very accurate. I traded it off in the early 1990's, and haven't owned an '06 since then. Have owned a cartridge or two on others that are "related", but no .30-'06.

Dennis
To have a rifle built by "Pa" Ackley as he was called would be as good as it gets for an Ackley Nut, like me!
I am not sure but I think they were Santa Barbara actions.
I saw an Interarms Mark X with a PO Ackley barrel in 30-06
about a year ago.
Originally Posted by Dobetown
I am not sure but I think they were Santa Barbara actions.

I've owned 3, all were Interarms Mark X actions
I've only owned one... It definitely was on a Santa Barbara action...

Barrel was stamped: "P.O. Ackley... div of EMDECO*" Mine was a 7x57...

GH

* Or EMDEKO... Not sure of spelling... blush
The rifle in question is an Interarms action. Looks like it has never been shot, definitly never been hunted.

To the people who have owned them in the past, how have they shot??

Asking price of the gun in question is $549.00, I am sure it is a decent price? What do yall think?

Tryed to look up some information on the internet, but finding limited info??

Going to buy the gun anyway, just curious about its origin and any other info, such as value etc.

Thanks
HeavyBarrel
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
The rifle in question is an Interarms action. Looks like it has never been shot, definitly never been hunted.

To the people who have owned them in the past, how have they shot??

Asking price of the gun in question is $549.00, I am sure it is a decent price? What do yall think?

Tryed to look up some information on the internet, but finding limited info??

Going to buy the gun anyway, just curious about its origin and any other info, such as value etc.

Thanks
HeavyBarrel

well a whole lot would pay $549 for a real nice commercial Mauser......adding the PO Ackley stuff is pretty good icing on the cake.....seen various ones go on auction sites for $450 to bout $750.....so would say its in the ballpark, if your even remotely interested in it its a price that even if yah got hurt on selling it down the road it would be a minor hurt.....the cool factor would prolly more than make up for that.....
Originally Posted by rattler
... if your even remotely interested in it its a price that even if yah got hurt on selling it down the road it would be a minor hurt.....the cool factor would prolly more than make up for that.....

Well, that's probably a GOOD way of looking at it... smile After all, if one wants a certain hobby car, badly enough to buy it, then one does, regardless of the resale... (Or any other hobby item for that matter...) Thus: Why should one only purchase a gun if one thinks he can make money on it down the road..? AFAIC, the pleasure factor of the use and/or ownership of it HAS to be worth SOMETHING ...

GH
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
... if your even remotely interested in it its a price that even if yah got hurt on selling it down the road it would be a minor hurt.....the cool factor would prolly more than make up for that.....

Well, that's probably a GOOD way of looking at it... smile After all, if one wants a certain hobby car, badly enough to buy it, then one does, regardless of the resale... (Or any other hobby item for that matter...) Thus: Why should one only purchase a gun if one thinks he can make money on it down the road..? AFAIC, the pleasure factor of the use and/or ownership of it HAS to be worth SOMETHING ...

GH

+1 My sentiments exactly.
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Originally Posted by Grasshopper

GH

+1 My sentiments exactly.

Yup!

My wife wouldn't know an Ackley from a Hoover.....
My point being that it's an item that only other gun nuts would notice or admire.

I was offerd one of the Ackleys back in the 70's for around $250 IIRC. It too was a Interarms action and could be had in either 06 or .270.
They're a fine rifle, but not exactly custom. I don't know what activity Ackley had in their production, but they are well worth owning and yours is fairly priced, I feel.
Had the rifle been chambered for something sexy like the 7mmai or such, I probably would have had to own it.
© 24hourcampfire