Home
Ebony and Ivory
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That is one beautiful rifle!
LOL that be funny, my dang Super America 338 was damn politically incorrect when I first got it.

That sombeach had a plastic follower in it shocked I went out to the shop and found and old steel jeweled one, a few minutes with a file and i was in business.

I mailed that plastic POS to Yonkers with a nice note inside.

Gunner
Normally I like two-tone guns, but that just doesn't do it for me. :-(
Originally Posted by Dr_Lou
Normally I like two-tone guns, but that just doesn't do it for me. :-(

Good thing it's mine and not yours smile

When are you adding the butt stock compass?
Seeing that it's only my opinion...I really, really hate the grip cap. You took off checkered steel to put that on?

smile
Originally Posted by RickF
You took off checkered steel to put that on?

smile

Just steel

[Linked Image]

I must admit, I like the ivory on my Model 37 better:

[Linked Image]
it looks stupid.
Dats funny!!
Who knew a milk bottle cap could double as a rifle part?
Originally Posted by Steelhead

got me one of those...1949 Model 70.....very rare factory option,...so I'm told....:-)

Never get lost in the woods,...you can use it to double check your GPS....:-)
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by rembo

got me one of those...1949 Model 70.....very rare factory option,...so I'm told....:-)
[Linked Image]

DOOHHHH, as I slap my forehead. grinshocked

Gunner
Well, I guess theres worse things you can do to [bleep] up a good looking gun.
Well,it needs some scrimshaw or something to tone it down and tie it into the ebony.It also needs a different,darker screw.As it is I do like the steel better, but you can always change it back.There is nothing wrong with experimenting as long as it's not permanent.
That is nearly the ugliest thing I've seen on a rifle.
I'm with most of the rest... not digging it.

It's too thick, not sculptured or seeming in harmony with the rest of the rifle, too white, too plastic looking, doesn't look "finished", just too amateur and cheap on an otherwise classy rifle.

Sorry, if you were looking for feedback, sometimes you're going to hear things you don't really want to hear.
Wish I had the photo,but I've seen 1/3rd of a "Que ball" glued to a Winchester M12 trap gun...
I agree that the above photos do not look good.
At least they are politically incorrect.

Here are more flattering pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Not working... That white grip cap brings all the attention of an otherwise beautiful rifle to that grip cap, which, IMO, does not tie into anything else on that weapon.
still looks stupid.
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Not working... That white grip cap brings all the attention of an otherwise beautiful rifle to that grip cap, which, IMO, does not tie into anything else on that weapon.

I agree.

I should have had it made out of dark brown fissile mastodon ivory.

I am thinking of staining the white ivory with brown tea to match the stock.
Pretty tough crowd.....I didnt catch this much crap for Zebra painting a stock...

Should tell you something..... whistle

Screw it! Go with what you like! grin

And this thing that tells time...

Travis
Butt stock compass is skookum... cool

I like it so much Ive got one in the handle of a knife...

Helped me find my way back to this computer...
The grip cap kinda looks like socks on a rooster to me....sorry
Originally Posted by ingwe

You don't have a GPS installed on your Hoverround?

But I would bet it's in a Randall. You could put a dilddo on a Randall and it's still a Randall.

Travis
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok

You don't have a GPS installed on your Hoverround?

TFF

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

But I would bet it's in a Randall. You could put a dilddo on a Randall and it's still a Randall.

Travis

It is a Randall....bought it many moons ago from Bo himself...he neglected to tell me he put the damn compass in it! shocked

Its still nice and sharp enough that I could do a drive-by dress out of you in my Hoveround...you bastid!

Travis

It is a Randall....bought it many moons ago from Bo himself...he neglected to tell me he put the damn compass in it! shocked

Its still nice and sharp enough that I could do a drive-by dress out of you in my Hoveround...you bastid!

"Many moons ago" need not be iterated. But thanks.

Travis
If you want to get away from the steel grip cap, you might consider a sculpted ebony cap. No screw.
it looks really nice in the "before" pic whistle
Originally Posted by Bushmaster1313
Ebony and Ivory
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'd say make a bolo tie clasp out of it, and put the old grip cap on. smile or if your lady favors skimpy bikinis, figure out a way to incorporate it into a bikini grin

OR find some sho'nuff mastodon ivory that has some of those darker mineral colors to it, and use that for the grip cap.

In any case, the bright white does not work, aesthetically.

"Many moons ago" need not be iterated. But thanks.

Travis

I was gonna leave you that Randall in my will....

Now you can just blow me....

Thanks!
Some day I will learn to STFU. Some day...

frown

Travis
laugh
Ebony and Ivory
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
................Imo and politically incorrect or not, lose that white cap. At least match the black fore-end. Aside from that a very beautiful looking rifle.
What is the slightly over, rough length and width? I've got some exotic woods and elk you might want to play around with.Send me a PM if you are interested.No charge if I can find anything that will work.

Is it real ivory? I've never worked with ivory but I dye stag all the time with potassium permangnate.I figure it would work on ivory as well and it is an oxidizer rather than a stain and gives a natural color.I think it would look a lot better just toned down a bit.
Originally Posted by RickF
Seeing that it's only my opinion...I really, really hate the grip cap. You took off checkered steel to put that on?

smile

Agree +P......
The Randell with the [bleep],don't get confused on which end you are using.
My custom Mauser in .35 Whelen is also politically incorrest The forearm tip and grip cap are made from ivory. It came from an estate sale and was made sometime in the mid 1930's. The floorplae is iscribed, "BIG RED 1935." The story I got was the guy's wife had it made up for him as a birthday present. I wish i knew who the gunsmith was that made the rifle.
The rifle is very accurate and is rapidly becoming my favorite.
Paul B.
All in all the comments were helpful.

I plan on staining the ivory with black tea to be similar to the wood, thereby grabbing less attention.

What I like is that it is ivory.
Now I have to make it match.
Beautiful Kimber.............. sick dude WTH

I vote for a skeletonized grip cap..
I think something like this would really make it POP

[Linked Image]
All in all the comments were helpful.

I plan on staining the ivory with black tea to be similar to the wood, thereby grabbing less attention.

What I like is that it is ivory.
Now I have to make it match.

knock yourself out.

post some pix when you're done!
As it is in the title "politically incorrect", I'd name the gun Obama, but that would just be the wrong thing to do to a gun. It never hurt me.

Hope the stain job turns out as you desire.

[Linked Image]

Please god no! I'm sure someone has already done that to a kimber though. I can't believe no one said anything about those carved up mausers in the " too pretty to shoot" thread
Nice

[Linked Image]

That is sweet, bet the buck is dad to that fawn!
Originally Posted by SamOlson

[Linked Image]

That is sweet, bet the buck is dad to that fawn!

I like the oak leaves...nice Bavarian touch...
Yes, a very Classy Euro look. Vintage Huffgatven styling.
Can you say " Weidmansheil" AND drink a cheap schitt beer???
If you do the whole carved wilderness mural in the stock, you absolutely HAVE to get a leather padded sling with similar design work, including your name.

Bushmaster,

As for the ivory grip cap, it doesn't really work for me, but remember: only have to please yourself. If you like it, great.

Take care!
Originally Posted by Waders
If you do the whole carved wilderness mural in the stock, you absolutely HAVE to get a leather padded sling with similar design work, including your name.

Bushmaster,

As for the ivory grip cap, it doesn't really work for me, but remember: only have to please yourself. If you like it, great.

Take care!

It does work for me, either.

Tea is not staining it dark enough.

I have read that potassium permanganate dissolves purple but stains ivory brown.
Originally Posted by Waders

Bushmaster,

Take care!

It does work for me, either.

Tea is not staining it dark enough.

I have read that potassium permanganate dissolves purple but stains ivory brown.

Yes,I told you that is what I would try.I use it all the time on stag.
Thank you for the staining info.

The white ivory does NOT work for me
Originally Posted by rifle
Wish I had the photo,but I've seen 1/3rd of a "Que ball" glued to a Winchester M12 trap gun...

As a poverty-stricken graduate student, I once owned a Winchester Model 101 O-U 12 ga. trap gun into which somebody had inletted a small (2 inch) decorative doorknob into each side of the butt stock.

I wish I had pictures of it to post. I fear my description above does not do justice to the sheer magnificence of this concept and its execution...

John
I have used it on moose antlers. Never on ivory but it makes a nice walnut color on bone.

[Linked Image]

Well....it would de-emphasize that grip cap.
If you could scrimshaw that on the grip cap it might be cool.
Originally Posted by jpb
...into which somebody had inletted a small (2 inch) decorative doorknob into each side of the butt stock.

I wish I had pictures of it to post. I fear my description above does not do justice to the sheer magnificence of this concept and its execution...

eek
© 24hourcampfire