Home
I already have a .257 Roberts (Browning Micro-Medallion) that I don't use nearly enough and sure as heck didn't "need" another one but a good friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse so this one came home. I put the Burris 6X on it this afternoon and will take it to the range this week.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very nice!!!!
You get bored with it give a ring.
That's a pretty rifle!
Sweet!
Sharp lookin' rifle!

Too bad it's chambered for such a useless round....grin
What's the "B" stand for?
I sure don't "need" anything except maybe a .375 H&H, but I sure would have done the same and brought that beauty home!
Originally Posted by KDK
I sure don't "need" anything except maybe a .375 H&H...

I've come to realize this recently... grin
Wow ! Definite drool happening here. RustyL
Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by KDK
I sure don't "need" anything except maybe a .375 H&H...

I've come to realize this recently... grin

Yeah, for some reason I really want an M70 .375, truck axle barrel and all.
When I was a kid, I really wanted a 722B in 257 Roberts, 'cause Norwich, VT, gun shop owner Bill DeVaux have 1 that was mounted with a 2-7x Redfield and I thought that it was the "be-all, end-all" for a New England whitetail rifle and scope combination. IIRC, over 90% of the 722s in 257 Roberts were between 1949 and 1955.

Jeff
Very nice 722-B. Depending on the year, I believe "C" or "AC" meant optional checkering and the "B" is for checkering plus select wood. I would not have walked away from that one either you lucky son of a gun. I have a "B" in .222 I bought several years ago and it's become one of my favorites.
beauty
I think B means the nicer checkered model.The regular 722 has no checkering
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sharp lookin' rifle!

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is a beaut.
Nice find.
You know the bolt is gonna fall right off that thing huh? grin

Beauty rifle!
Originally Posted by reddnek
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sharp lookin' rifle!

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

IIRC, Sammo's got a Kimber with pretty nice wood in a Bob...
Nice rifle, but you'll need a purple Leupold to match the action.

Very nice, classic!

Originally Posted by highridge1
I think B means the nicer checkered model.The regular 722 has no checkering

Correct. I have a an exceptional Remington 722 in .257 Roberts. That's a nice looking gun. Congratulations on bringing that one home.
Hubba-freakin-hubba man. I ain't no remmy guy, but I ain't no Philistine either... If it makes you feel better, unload the Browning as 'excess' but keep that beauty.
I'm envious...and I've got a Leupold M8 to match that action.

Great looking gun.
Spent a little range time with it the other day. Took along some 20 year old handloads with 90 gr HPs that I loaded up as "coyote loads" for the Browning, just to get it on paper. Shot them into 7/8" so I'd say there is some potential there. It came with 4 boxes of factory Winchester 117 gr and I intended to shoot some of those but the range got so busy I quit before I got around to trying the heavier loads. If it'll shoot 90 gr loads crafted for another rifle into less than 1", I guess it's a keeper.
BTW, I called Remington and this rifle was made in 1950.
How could anyone not "need" a rifle that nice? Same set-up I started hunting deer with. Congrats, I'm envious.
First deer i ever killed was with a 722 in 257 Roberts. it was borrowed from a family friend. Wanted one ever since just for nostalgia.
I couldn't have waked away from that beauty, super find.
That's a sweet little rifle.
That one deserved a good home, nice snag.
© 24hourcampfire