Home
Been eyeing the Hunter Stainless model. What say you?
http://www.sako.fi/sako85models.php?hunterss

I think that's definitely sako's best looking by far but I like the 85 Finnlight.

...wish I hadn't seen that pic cry

This 300 Weatherby. As far as I am concerned, these were the last really good guns Sako made...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/Elk2009BobsPlace2.jpg[/img]
I'd love to get a Varmint Laminate Stainless in .222, but Beretta does not seem to think I'm worthy of one.
[Linked Image]

Though it is ugly as sin, I'm really likin' my last model 85, it is a keeper smile
I've a hankering for the SS Hunter in 223, but I doubt that the itch will be scratched at the $1900 price point.

That 9.3x62 Black Bear above also seems like a pretty stellar rig..

I have a couple Finnlights, a 308 and a 300 WSM. The 300 WSM is relatively new to me and I haven't a chance to try it out, but the 308 in an Edge is a doll.
Damn shrap... what have you kilt, third pic up. Looks like things I hunted back in my drinkin days.... or things that hunted me smile

8 miles of muddy trail behind the 4 wheeler, a tasty young elk that needed a few minutes in the car wash before heading home.

It looked much better after a few minutes in the Barby...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Current favorite Sako 85.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sako 85 Bavarian Carbine, 308 Winchester

GWB
Yeah, I was pretty sure shrapnel had nailed someone's pack llama, the pic was a bit confusing zoologically speaking. Looks much better laying next to the veggies.
I prefer the Finnlights.
I also prefer the finnlights.

Dink
Finnlight unless it's a heavy kicker. For anything above a 30.06 I like the Gray Wolf. Some of the other models are pretty, but I'm more into "go" than "show".
85 classics are my thing. Three so far. Shadowline cheekpiece and ebony end cap just look "right" to me. Satin bead blast metal is well done.
the classic is also pretty nice for sure, can't really decide between it and the hunter stainless. Stainless might be better for the wet weather times but I've always liked a good wood and blued rifle.
Have a Finnlight 85 in 270 Win, just put aside a 85 Hunter blued in 243 Win (still have to pay it off!!).

All great guns. pricey - yes - but worth it.

Gus
Where can I get a 300 win mag hunter stainless.
Im in Texas,.
Having a hard time finding one.
My 85 is a SS Synthetic in 338 Federal. I really like the rifle, I just changed scopes around and put a 2-7 Kahles with a TDS reticle. It really is handy and a lot of rifle in a nimble package.
Venedo,

Check Euro Optic including the used section. They have a good selection normally. In our area, I have no idea who stocks a decent supply of Sakos.

I want this soooo bad:

http://www.sako.fi/sako85models.php?bavarian
Originally Posted by geedubya
Current favorite Sako 85.......

[Linked Image]

I could go for one of those if it had a classic comb...

I have 2 75's and an L579...
Originally Posted by GaryVA
[Linked Image]

Though it is ugly as sin, I'm really likin' my last model 85, it is a keeper smile

+1 there gary... the black bear sure looks nice....

Maybe the Black Bear in 308 would be nice....

Gus
Thanks 007fj.
Tried Euro Optic.
Said they can't get the Hunter Stainless in 300 win mag.
Had other calibers, but have my heart set on the win mag.
Oh well.. guess I'll keep searching.
Finnlights - fit me well and I shoot them well. Guess that is what counts.

Everyone has their own "comfortable" rifle.

Finnlights - 7mm-08, 270 WSM, 30-06

Orchemo
Neither. I prefer the model 75. I have a few (dont tell my wife.....lol) in the Stainless Synthetic and two in the Greywolf models.

I am not a fan of the factory fluting on the Finnlights compared to the work by a gunsmith. I had my Sako m75ss 300WM barrel fluted and the aftermarket barrel placed on my Greywolf that is in 338-06AI.
© 24hourcampfire