Home
I've got a factory lefty .300 Win Mag Classic Sporter CRF M70 that I'm going to turn into an African gun. Anyone know if 458 Lott will fit this action or is it too long?

Thanks
I may be mistaken, but I think the Model 70 action is to short for the Lott. Have one in a Ruger 77 Magnum and it is quite a bit longer.
I converted a SS Classic 7 Rem Mag. to 458 Lott. Considerable modification was required to ensure reliable feeding and extraction/ejection. The Hornady 500 Gr. blunt nose solids will fit, after the mag box spacer is remmoved.
Originally Posted by DocEd
I converted a SS Classic 7 Rem Mag. to 458 Lott. Considerable modification was required to ensure reliable feeding and extraction/ejection..
What he said...
As is the case (pardon the pun) with straight-walled rifle calibers and bolt actions.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
As is the case (pardon the pun) with straight-walled rifle calibers and bolt actions.
Not meaning to be picky - but the LOTT is not a 'straight-walled' case..

Base (before the belt) is .5130.. The case mouth is .4810.. Only true straight-walled case I know of is the .41 Rem Magnum..

What you mean to say is (I think) is that a lesser-tapering case can be a challenge to get it to release/feed properly..

In that, I cannot argue.. It takes some tricks/tweaks to get it right.. smile

happy days..
Thanks Doc. Sounds like it can be done.. I guess my question to you would be would you do it again or just go with something shorter like the .458 Win?
© 24hourcampfire