Fancy tang work...
[Linked Image]

Free chip....
[Linked Image]

More chips...
[img]http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/16bore/BC7BM1.jpg[/img]

and a few more...
[img]http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/16bore/BC8BM2.jpg[/img]

Mag box inlet conveniently off center for better feeding...
[img]http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/16bore/BC9MAG1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/16bore/BC10Mag2.jpg[/img]

But wait, there's more.....

nicely done....
[Linked Image]

looky here...
[Linked Image]

getting better...
[Linked Image]

maybe a repeat, but worth repeating..
[Linked Image]
doh...
[Linked Image]

..and my favorite part, the ole "I've never ground a recoil pad" look
[Linked Image]

If anyone is curious as to what Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder are doing these days, I found your answer. As Joe Biden would say, I've got two words for you "McMillan Sako Classic".....

But then again, maybe since I've never actually bought a "new" BC before (only pre-beat take offs) this might be the glory days.

What'd it cost compared to the Mcmillan?
Rather than publicly bash it, why not call them and ask for a replacement. I have found them pretty easy to deal with. Most likely should not have gotten shipped, but I don not understand why folks do stuff like this. Do you feel better now? I bet we can find issues with every product made. Just sayin......goodshot!

podunk:
$237.75.....

Goodshot:
Consider it a public service announcement. You can send a money order if you'd like. I would have appreciated someone else posting it, but not everyone gets a trophy....
TIkka and B&C, a winning combination.

16', you know better.
Originally Posted by 16bore
I would have appreciated someone else posting it, but not everyone gets a trophy....

Thanks for the heads up Bobby....Mcmillan will be getting my money. What's the old saying...." Buy once, cry once" cool
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

16', you know better.

AMEN!

B&C equals crappy design, lousy manufacturing, and compromise galore.

Thanks for posting this 16!
Originally Posted by mistem

Thanks for the heads up Bobby....Mcmillan will be getting my money. What's the old saying...." Buy once, cry once" cool

No comparison between the two stock manufacturers.

You made a good choice Mist!

16', you know better.

Mistem made me do it........ grin
Originally Posted by 16bore

16', you know better.

Mistem made me do it........ grin

I'll take the blame grin
So, you don't think there should be any quality difference between things with very disparate prices? Why don't you ask McM to send you one right away at the same price as B&C? Not getting after you, just pointing out the obvious.
There are a couple things that need attention with it, but as stated previously, give them a chance to fix it. I'll bet you would have told someone that if it were a McM.
Originally Posted by JeffP40
So, you don't think there should be any quality difference between things with very disparate prices? Why don't you ask McM to send you one right away at the same price as B&C? Not getting after you, just pointing out the obvious.
There are a couple things that need attention with it, but as stated previously, give them a chance to fix it. I'll bet you would have told someone that if it were a McM.

Why doesn't B&C charge more if that's what it takes to produce a quality product?
It is after all B&C's top of the line offering.
I expected it to be the same quality as the other ones I've used, which it isn't. I don't think that's too much to ask. It's an open thread and fellas can post pics of the "better" ones as well...

I imagine a guy considering one would appreciate the information.

I would ask for your money back. Print these pictures out and put them in the box with the stock with a "thanks but no thanks" note.
I may be very wrong about this, but B&C might fix (or replace) the outside and out of spec stuff, but I would think that the chips, blemishes and dings on the inside surfaces are "normal" and considered a non-issue. I have a couple of McMillans and I paid a lot more for them and waited a quite a while for delivery. You pays your money and takes your choices. You get what you pay for and sometimes you don't get that.
Obviously a made on friday stock. I have 2 B&C medalist stocks for my T3s and neither have any of the imperfections yours does.
"sub-par prices for sub-par quality..."

Some will defend b&c to the end, because they don't want to pay for quality.
I just got this stock yesterday, weighs less (std fill) and it doesn't seem to have any issues, they even got the pad right...wink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I bought one and recieved similar quality for a Remington 700 years ago, I returned it and bought my first McMillan, I continue to buy McMillans and never had a problem with quality again. Getting my [bleep]' stock right on the first try, that's a different story, but they do always make it right. grin
There is a reason McMillan does/can charge more and have people wait in line for them.
Originally Posted by podunk
What'd it cost compared to the Mcmillan?

Why would that matter. A Mcmillan is more expensive, but you get a better stock, and lighter, if you spend the extra for an EDGE than a factory stock. Folks are paying $225 or so for a downgrade with the B&C stocks.

The $40 tupperware stocks are better quality, lighter, tougher and shoot just as well on most rifles.
I see no point in putting a $50.00 saddle on a $10.00 horse. B&C is good enough for a plastic rifle.
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I see no point in putting a $50.00 saddle on a $10.00 horse. B&C is good enough for a plastic rifle.

Very much agree...that's why I want a good horse and good saddle!
Originally Posted by goodshot
Rather than publicly bash it, why not call them and ask for a replacement. I have found them pretty easy to deal with. Most likely should not have gotten shipped, but I don not understand why folks do stuff like this. Do you feel better now? I bet we can find issues with every product made. Just sayin......goodshot!

If I had posted pics of the 1st McMillan A3 McSwirley that I purchased, Ya'll would have flamed me for bashing McMillan. (Not to mention that based on a sample of one, I'd never have had another...) It didn't look a whole lot better than that B&C.

Fortunately for both of us, I forgave them and purchased a few more. (I believe I can count at least eight of them now...)

Just sayin....

BTW, I've had a few B&C's as well, But they are certainly NOT my 1st choice...

GH
B & C = Buy 'em and Chuck 'em-

It took me a little while to wise up- I actually bought two of their Medalist stocks, and have now replaced both of them with McMillan Edge stocks.

It all boils down to this- if you want a top-quality synthetic stock, go McMillan. Everything else is second-best. If second-best is good enough for you, then good luck!
I just bought a B&C Ultralite and I really like it. It's not a $575.00 McMillan stock but it seems like a good value.
I would send it back after contacting them. I have a B&C on a $10 rifle but it had no issues at all compared to that one. That shows a remarkable lack of QC.

All B&C stocks are not that bad.
I have rifles with McMillans, B&C, Manners, and specialty stocks costing 4 or 5 times what a McMillan runs. The things I look for in an aftermarket stock are weight, shape, performance and cost. If it is light enough for what you want, is the shape that you want, and is stiff enough for POA/POI consistency, what it looks like has nothing to do with performance.

Is the "fit and finish" usually better on McMillans? Sure. Does it matter for rifles that will actually be used? Not in the least.

I probably wouldn't do a B&C Medalist on a Tikka simply because there is no weight savings and the factory stock is pretty decent as issued. However, I bet dollars to donuts that the rifle would shoot as good in the pictured stock as it would in a McMillan. In the case of Tikka's, McMillan does not offer a stock in any design I have any interest in. If I wanted to replace the stock on a Tikka, B&C would probably be the front runner and those pictures do not bother me. Granted the exterior chips are unacceptable, however unless the interior affects accuracy, I wouldn't care.

That recoil pad makes me laugh and cringe every time I see it.
For just a little more money you can get one of these and you will be happy.

http://shop.HELMICKARMS.COM/

I unwrapped it from that end first and thought, "schit, this is gonna suck"....
Chips in or out, it looks like azz. The dents in my truck don't effect how it drives, but they weren't there when I bought it either.

I do like my Ti though...
I don't care who made that stock, it would go back the same day.
A phone call to see if I needed an "RA" number,the process to get a replacement and photos for me to document. Depending on how the "customer service" was handled, it would be the deal breaker on accepting a replacement or a refund.
There are just far too many incidents out here, not restricted to just loony stuff, that shows company pride is lacking.
Get what u pay for......all else can tell yourself what u wish
This is the only trick move it's getting....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Next............
Stipplerrific. Soldering iron? Well done.
Metcal, to be exact. But don't put wires in front of me....
© 24hourcampfire