Home
Didn't someone here buy one the other day? I saw one in a pawn shop and the price seemed reasonable.
Tough to find, I'd grab it. Last one I saw sold for over $450.00 in okay, to very good condition.

All the bitchin' on this site 'bought "boat paddles" doesn't align with what's in demand. ANY short-action Zytel-stocked Ruger sells for bookoo bucks, and that includes the 77/22.
Originally Posted by Mako25
Tough to find, I'd grab it. Last one I saw sold for over $450.00 in OK, to very good condition.

All the bitchin' on this site 'bought "boat paddles" doesn't align with what's in demand. ANY short-action Zytel-stocked Ruger sells for bookoo bucks, and that includes the 77/22.

Did they ever make those with irons? I'd snap one up in a sec.

Swampy, are you seriously considering a RUGER!? They're playing hockey in Hell! laugh
He wanted $329.95 but he said he'd take "a lot less" if I bought it outright. It had a cheap Tasco scope on it.
Very good price at $330 or less.
I'd grab it for that.
There are a couple of used 77/22 all weathers on the used rack of the local cabelas in Boise - they want around $520 for them....So I'd grab one for $330 if I saw one.
I got it for $299.95 with a sling, Tasco 22RF scope, and an extra magazine. The trigger pull is heavy.
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I got it for $299.95 with a sling, Tasco 22RF scope, and an extra magazine. The trigger pull is heavy.

Thievery! smile
Yes they did, and I have one. CP.

If that trigger gets ta buggin' ya too much - I know how you can make a quick profit, just sell me the rifle.

Excellent grab.
I feeds real slick and dime size groups with Remington Thunder Bolts seem to be the norm. I didn't even have to adjust the scope.
Hey Swampman700. The boatpaddles have always appealed to me and recently I ran into a NIB 10/22. I couldn't resist and brought it home. Mounted a 4x and sighted it in today. Shoots 3/4" @ 75ft. which works for me. Bought a Zombie poster and my 6yo grandson put 3 out of 4 into his head. LOL Fun, light, tough little work gun.

[Linked Image]

DMc

Very nice, I took a few pics of mine.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I've owned one for some years, great rifle. Picked it up at a gun show/swap meet, traded a Lee Enfield in tough shape and $200. Came with a Weaver K3, too. Previous owner had tuned the trigger and did a sweet job of it, I'd guess about 2.5 lbs and breaks like glass. Extremely smooth action, can't beat that rotary clip. $300 is a steal for one of these! Enjoy!
i've had one since they first came out. i added a Spec-Tech trigger and some clear Ruger mags.

[Linked Image]
Thinking about buying this....

http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RSC&Product_Code=VC77TS
These are hard little rifles to beat. go for it!.............Hb

Before I was comfortable working on my own Ruger Triggers, I had bought the Volquartsen for my 77/22 mag (boat paddle) and it made a WORLD of difference.
I normally just replace the trigger spring, it's a very easy job with good results...............Hb
swampman, you stole the rifle for that price. no way would I give mine up for that much. The trigger pull on them is indeed Ruger-esque. I brought mine to a gunsmith and paid $75 to get a 2 3/4# pull with no creep or overtravel.

mine likes the standard velocity ammo.
Very nice, I took a few pics of mine.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice, Swampy! We'll convert you from Remmys yet!

Nice pics, BTW. You got the eye.

Volquartsen makes kick ass stuff for Rugers. Totally transformed my 10/22 and 22/45.
yeah I'd be all over that... I have been looking for an affordable used one for eternity...
That's a heckuva price swampy.....I bought one from a friend in '92,..had it around for probably 10 years then sold it in a weak moment...wish I had it back. I fixed up the trigger on mine by cutting a coil off the spring, honing some sear engagement out of it and putting an overtravel screw in it.I also had one in 22 Mag for a bit. Shoulda kept both of them.

I do have a boat paddle stainless Ruger M77 in 223 though...
Great deal!!! I just have a wood blued 77/22 and love it, wouldnt part with it.

My buddy has pretty much every round that Ruger put out in the boat paddle model sitting in his safe...he loves them needless to say.
I had the boat paddle/synth 77/22 for a while, it thought it was a target rifle, but I'm very much a blue/walnut guy, so it went down the road. I killed a squirrel at 113 yards with it, but that was luck (for me, not the squirrel)I've since replaced it with a wood/blued model that is also very accurate once I replaced the trigger.
I looked at a boat paddle once...... that was more than enough!

[Linked Image]
Not pretty but tough as it gets. This is my end of society as we know it firearm.
I've got one in .22 Magnum that shoots "well"....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

..there is a "problem" however...won't hold zero. The barrel is attached to the receiver with a wedge block. The scope attached to the receiver always looks at the target...the barrel however will apparently flex.

This is the model with the open sights and someone put a Williams receiver sight on it...so I just shoot it with the receiver sight and have no shifting problems.

The new 77/22s have a barrel screwed into the receiver. Anyone else have this problem...or a cure other than a LOT of bedding compound?

Bob
Swampman, you got a great deal.

Originally Posted by RJM
Anyone else have this problem...or a cure other than a LOT of bedding compound?

never had one with that issue...had several, one of the .22LR's wouldnt shoot cheap stuff for chitt, and i wasnt buying match grade ammo for shooting coons outa the feeders, so i swapped the barrel to a 16" fluted green mtn carbine barrel.

do both faces of the v-block assembly seem to match up well?

a clip full from my .22Mag...
[Linked Image]

the Green Mtn 22LR, on feeder guard duty...
[Linked Image]
Thanks....

...also never saw coon "bungee jumping"....always firsts here on the CF....

Bob
Originally Posted by RJM
Thanks.......also never saw coon "bungee jumping"....always firsts here on the CF....

Bob

Bob...all the cool ones are doin it... wink

little fermented corn; next thing ya know they're sayin "Hold my beer and watch this!" laugh

[Linked Image]

Did you paint the stock? Looks good.
Originally Posted by centershot
Did you paint the stock? Looks good.

hydro-dipped...

edit...that one was dipped, but i did add a few OD paint splatters.

i bought one of those allweather 77-22s when they first came out. it shoots great and have killed a ton of small game with it. i remember 7 coons in a tree fell to 7 shots between the eyes at 50 yards rested from a bridge rail.. i did my own trigger. down to about 2 lbs.
© 24hourcampfire