Home
Posted By: boliep Browning Titanium - 01/04/13
I have been offered my choice of two new Browning Titanium rifles a friend has for sale, one in 270 WSM and the other in 7-08. I do not know anything about the Titanium rifle as far as accuracy and reliability. Plus I have never owned a rifle in either caliber.

Any comments from your experience with the Browning Titanium rifle or about either caliber would be appreciated. I do realize the magnum ammo costs would be much higher than the standard caliber especially since I no longer reload. PM comments are fine also.

Posted By: masrx Re: aarB rowning Titanium - 01/04/13
Get the 7-08
Posted By: doorgunner Re: aarB rowning Titanium - 01/04/13
I don't know what you plan to use it for, but the 7mm-08 kills whitetails very dead, and does it without a lot of recoil, noise, or fuss. My A-Bolt Composite Stalker 7-08 is quickly becoming one of my favorite rifles.
Posted By: BurninDupont Re: aarB rowning Titanium - 01/04/13
708!
Posted By: Nail Re: aarB rowning Titanium - 01/04/13
7-08
Posted By: hallco Re: aarB rowning Titanium - 01/04/13
Good guns. I have the 7-08 and like it, but then I like the abolts in general.
Posted By: 7mmaniac Re: aarB rowning Titanium - 01/04/13
The 7-08... It will be your favorite rifle.
Posted By: lawnman Re: aarB rowning Titanium - 01/04/13
Nope you want the .270 wsm. You will be happy with that. And I will be happy when you contact me with the sellers # so I can be happy with that 7-08. smile All kidding aside. Your location...get the 7
Posted By: lawnman Re: Browning Titanium - 01/04/13
Really though, what does he want for each one iffin ya don't mind?
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Browning Titanium - 01/05/13

I have a Browning Ti in 270WSM that I got for $1K off gunbroker a few years ago. I've killed 2 antelope, 2 mule deer, 1 elk, and 1 whitetail with it. It's good rifle but not perfect. It's a dream to carry, shoots well, and the trigger is nice after you adjust it. I was surprised how much I like the duratouch coating - it's sticky and quiet. The balance is good but the muzzle jump is more than I like. I usually carry cold and when I quietly/slowly load a shell it will jam but it never jams when you just close the bolt normally.

WSM over the counter ammo runs $38-50 a box. It's actually not that much more than standard calibers for similar ammo but there's no el cheapo yellow/green box ammo to be had.
© 24hourcampfire