Home
Hey guys, I'm looking at dropping the hammer on one of these, this is the camo 22' fluted barrel model. After feedback from owners please. Read some real good reports about accuracy on the net.
How durable and weatherproof is the finish?

Cheers, Scott.
if the price was good, I'd jump on it Scott...

I've missed the boat on picking one up...

as far as durability of the finish... a coat of clear Krylon matt spray paint over it... or even better, a spray coat of clear Flex Seal ( or Krylon's version) and the finish would be indestructible...

I've done a coat of clear Krylon matt, and then clear Flex Seal over that... and it is as durable as the metal itself....

those predator set ups are ideal in my book.. barrel weight etc... minus the camo( which I LOVE ), I've got several rifles with that barrel weight on them.. heavy magnum...

make great walking varminters...
Accuracy is very good to excellent when the shooter does his part.....75 moa is to be expected.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
what twist are those 7's?
They made them in two twists, 9 and 12. 12s predominantly...

I have a 1 in 9...I AIed it and tried some 75 Amaxes...I could have literally shot a better group at 100 yds with a recurve bow and no sights...

However...it shoots 50 TTSXs and 53 TSXs really good and they have killed everything they got pointed at...
a yote hunting bud of mine has a model 7 predator in .223, and it is a shooter. i don't know the twist of his, but he shoots 55gr win power points usually, and he can cleanly kill yotes at 350 yards. he has had his for 3 years i believe, and last time i looked, i didn't see any chips in the finish of the stock. i'd say grab one if the price was right.
Yeah, my finish held up good until I got sick of it, and duracoated right over it...still holdin on!

Also replaced the stock with a B&C Alaskan Ti...

[Linked Image]
Thanks for the feedback guys. All sounds good to me. I really like that bell and carson stock...... hmmmmm already thinking of mods and I havent even got it yet!

Cheers, Scott.
© 24hourcampfire