Home
good evening fellas. i'm not sure whether this is in the right sub forum or not but here goes. i have my order in for a CZ 527 american in .17 hornet for long range crow sniping. i'm gonna mount a leupold vx-2 6-18x40mm AO on it. i've narrowed my ring choices down to leupold and burris. i usually use burris signature rings on my rimfires and picatinny rail rifles that can use the signature zee rings with the non marring inserts. but, the burris CZ rings don't utilize the inserts. so, i'm trying to decide whether i want leupold or burris rings for my new CZ. what say all y'all CZ fans. which between the 2 that i've narrowed my search down to fit the CZ rifle the most soild? before somebody says just use the rings supplied by CZ. i just don't like the look of them. they look too bulky for me and the leupold and burris mount the scope just a hair lower.
thanks and sorry for my long windedness,
whitearrow->>>------------>
Posted By: cal74 Re: CZ 527 american rings??????? - 05/01/13
Didn't care for the looks of the Factory rings either, these are Burris Deluxe Mediums (not the signatures).

They look like Highs and I honestly wish they were lower, but that damn bolt. Love the rifle, hate look of the scope on it.

[Linked Image]

ps: 22 Hornet
I've recently picked up two CZ's, in 17HMR and a 22Hornet. The factories look plenty good for me. We'll see how they hold up in the long run but can't see them getting low marks. I guess others are pickier on looks.
Posted By: SSB Re: CZ 527 american rings??????? - 05/01/13
I have a set of Leupold (P/N S4360) rings setting here in the package. Construction wise they look identical to the Burris in the above photo..albeit a bit lower. My rifle currently wears a set of Millets that I wasn't happy with at all so I machined the base off the ring, machined up my own dovetail base and silver soldered them together...An ok temp fix but the leupolds are going on soon.
thanks fellas and ssb let me know what you think of the leupold rings after you mount them please. cal74 thanks for the pic even though i can't see it i know it was an effort to do. i have always been a leupold man but the burris signature rings kinda spoiled me to not scratching my scopes finish and no chance of damaging the scope tube from over tightening. that snot an issue with me as i use a torque driver set at 20 in lbs for my rings screws. but good non the less for others who don't have that luxury.
thanks and keep the opinions coming,
whitearrow
I am using medium Warne rings but I had the bolt re-done by Calhoon. I see another company is offering the service too.
K
Posted By: DMW Re: CZ 527 american rings??????? - 05/01/13
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
I am using medium Warne rings but I had the bolt re-done by Calhoon. I see another company is offering the service too.
K

I've got the same setup on my 527 7.62x39 Carbine, but my rings are QR's instead of fixed. Scope is a 3-9x40 Redfield and it sits plenty low with about 3/16" clearance front and back.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Who is the other company offering the bolt mod service?

DW
When I Googled Calhoon to see if he was still offering the service this company came up-http://www.customreloadingtools.com/crt_065.htm
Got Burris mediums on my 527 in .223. Scope does sit a little high.
Google "Alaska Arms LLC"
I think CZ-USA will recontour your bolt handle for free if you send it to them.
© 24hourcampfire