Home
Yes it will !! Switched it to an ADL style too.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Gimme more.....
Thats remarkable. I would like to hear more. What did you use for the estruchion? Did you have to modify that mag box?
It's a run of the mill Ruger Mk II in 280 Remington which has been a great hunting tool. I told the stock maker I wanted a short classic style with as small a wrist piece as he could make. He handed me a Kimber & said he could put the Ruger in one just like it.

It fits me well, weighs 6.4 lbs bare. With scope mounted it came in at 7.10 lbs with Ruger rings & its Schmidt & Bender 6x42, both of which are quite hefty. I am going to try Talley's too before I finalize the build.
Originally Posted by noKnees
Thats remarkable. I would like to hear more. What did you use for the estruchion? Did you have to modify that mag box?

I simply handed it off to the stock maker and returned a few months later & picked it up. I don't know what mod's he may have done. It still holds four down.

I do know it has pillars. The stock weighs 20 ounces. No escutcheon.
That's awesome
Source?
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by noKnees

I simply handed it off to the stock maker and returned a few months later & picked it up. I don't know what mod's he may have done. It still holds four down.

I do know it has pillars. The stock weighs 20 ounces. No escutcheon.

Gunsmiths name????
That looks awesome. Too cool that stock was able to work. What gunsmith did this? You take the rifle apart and see how he did that?
www.mgarmsinc.com
Spring, Tx
281-821-8282
Kerry O'Day
Originally Posted by bearstalker
That looks awesome. Too cool that stock was able to work. What gunsmith did this? You take the rifle apart and see how he did that?

No, I'm just gonna shoot it.
I guessed Kerry O'Day by the camo job before I got to the bottom
So that's a take off Kimber 84L Montana stock that a Ruger MKII long action was fitted to?

Dang, that must have been a lot of work. It is hard enough to bed a Ruger with the angled screw and the damn two piece bottom metal.
Originally Posted by 444Matt
So that's a take off Kimber 84L Montana stock that a Ruger MKII long action was fitted to?

No, it is a hand laid custom patterned from the Kimber.
Very cool. How much does something like that set a guy back?
Edit: If you don't wanna post the price, please shoot me a PM. I've always been interested in a high quality light Ruger stock.
Yes it will !! Switched it to an ADL style too.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Reloader. You're a freekin genious. Thanks for posting. How much does she weigh?
So its a Kimber patterned stock, not inletted for a Kimber?
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Reloader. You're a freekin genious. Thanks for posting. How much does she weigh?

The stock took a full pound off the overall weight. It weighs 6.4 lbs.
Very Nice!!!!
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Correct.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Correct.

Oh, now we got ya..Looks like a slick combo. Does it handle better now? Maybe even seem to soak up a little more recoil?
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Very cool. How much does something like that set a guy back?
Edit: If you don't wanna post the price, please shoot me a PM. I've always been interested in a high quality light Ruger stock.

Same here pm me
I have not shot it yet. The balance point changed to the action/barrel juncture.

Out the door price was $590 + 48.68 tax = $638.68
What brand of stock is it?
I have not shot it yet. The balance point changed to the action/barrel juncture.

Out the door price was $590 + 48.68 tax = $638.68

Oh wow, that's not bad at all. Basically Mcmillan Edge price, but made for a Ruger. I really like the Kimber pattern, too. Hmmmm......pretty seriously thinking about one of these!
Man that is a great upgrade to a Kimber !!!! Keep the stock get rid of the barreled action !!!
Man, one of these stocks bolted to a stainless 6.5 creedmor has me thinking hard now.
Wow, that is a great option and priced about average.

thanks,
That stock would be perfect for the Mini-Mauser project I have in mind. The short forend would work perfect with the 20-21" barrel.

Thanks,
How was the angled action screw sorted out?

Looks good.
© 24hourcampfire