Home
Posted By: Techsan Bore guide for Kimber 84L - 10/13/13
What bore guide are you fellas using to clean your 84L rifles?
Sinclair. Call them and they'll set you up correctly.
Posted By: lhead71 Re: Bore guide for Kimber 84L - 10/13/13
Lucas, expensive but worth every penny.
Posted By: Techsan Re: Bore guide for Kimber 84L - 10/13/13
Appreciate the recommendations fellas.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Sinclair. Call them and they'll set you up correctly.

Yep, I too like the Sinclair. They are caliber specific and in some cases are action specific. Rugers, Remington, and probably a few others are caliber specific only since the bolt sleeves are the same or close enough to work; Kimbers, with such a small bolt, are action specific as well. But for I think $18.00, you get a well designed bore guide that will absolutely protect your rifle while cleaning and has replaceable o-rings that seal the chamber from leaking solvent back into the action.

I am not familiar with Lucas so I can't compare the two. I just know that I am totally satisfied with the Sinclair models.
Posted By: 257James Re: Bore guide for Kimber 84L - 10/14/13
I've owned both and for the money I'd buy a Sinclair; have 6-8 and love them. Possum Hollow is supposed to make a nice bore as too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Possum Hollow make bore guides for Sinclair?
Posted By: Techsan Re: Bore guide for Kimber 84L - 10/15/13
I put in an order with Mike Lucas today, so I'll get to see what all the fuss is about with a Lucas guide.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: Bore guide for Kimber 84L - 10/15/13
Like my Possum Hollow guides. VEry simple. The only maintenance item is the O-ring. Kind of like the old blue Midway guides, but tougher.
Posted By: Aviator Re: Bore guide for Kimber 84L - 10/15/13
Possum Hollow !!
Originally Posted by 257Deland
I've owned both and for the money I'd buy a Sinclair; have 6-8 and love them. Possum Hollow is supposed to make a nice bore as too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Possum Hollow make bore guides for Sinclair?

Yes the guy who owns Possum Hollow's last name is Sinclair wink
Posted By: 257James Re: Bore guide for Kimber 84L - 10/18/13
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 257Deland

Yes the guy who owns Possum Hollow's last name is Sinclair wink

That'll work.....thought I'd read that somewhere.
So, are Possum Hollow's and the Sinclair models one and the same?
© 24hourcampfire