Home
This one is in 35 Whelen. And, it's not mine. frown
Hart barrel IIRC.

[Linked Image]
When I get a little flush I'm gonna have to get another pump and send it off.

I'm going 8x57
I dig it. I could do without the hooded front sight, but the rest is great.
Or finish it to match the action along with the rear sight base.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I'm going 8x57

8x57 would have serious panache!
Kind of a Nazi-amish machinegun.
Never owned a 7600.

8x57 in a cerakote earth tone would be cool..

Originally Posted by pabucktail
Kind of a Nazi-amish machinegun.

whuh? Ohhhh now I get it. Kind Of...

I'm going 8x57
That would be cool, way cool!
Make for a sweet 338-06 that platform.
Lots of Commie's killed with the 8x57 too...

Of course something that is a known Taliban killer would be cool too.
I would hunt this sucker...

.280 Rem

http://one.nbstatic.fr/uploaded/20120330/894549/__00002_REMINGTON-7600-CAMO-280REM-DISPO-.jpg
I don't do LOUD colors...
I'm sorry, I forgot it clashes with your shirt.
That is a sweet looking rifle I have a old 270 carbine that I used when we still had Dog Hunting here now it just sits in the safe .
Originally Posted by SKane
This one is in 35 Whelen. And, it's not mine. frown
Hart barrel IIRC.

[Linked Image]

That is sweet! and a Whelen with open sights would be great in a lot of area's I pig hunt!
Never thought I'd say this, but that is a beautiful 7600. Wow, I didn't think a gun like this was ever on anyones radar. I really think it looks awesome! Ow does it shoot?
Nathan does nice work. I had him recently do a 7600 for me in .358 Win with a 20" Krieger barrel. His shop is only an hour away from my home.
Dave,
Need picts!!!!

I'm going 8x57

8x57 would have serious panache!

Indeed it would, and a 200 gr. Nosler partition at about 2,600 fps would impress the critters, too.
Dave,
Need picts!!!!

I will try and take a few to post later this evening.

Dave

Originally Posted by greenmtndave
Nathan does nice work. I had him recently do a 7600 for me in .358 Win with a 20" Krieger barrel. His shop is only an hour away from my home.

Sounds like the perfect Whitetail rifle!
nice gun. i'd like it better with an 18.5" tube though. i have one of the 7600 factory carbines in whelen and i love it. after getting a match trigger, it shoots into one boring hole all day.
I never had a 7600 and only one 760. It was in .223 and shot under an inch with most factory ammo. No telling what it would have done with a sweet trigger. That was in my gun of the week/month period and it went for something else interesting. How do you say d u m b ?

Jack
Originally Posted by rem141r
nice gun. i'd like it better with an 18.5" tube though. i have one of the 7600 factory carbines in whelen and i love it. after getting a match trigger, it shoots into one boring hole all day.

We have one of those carbines in 30-06 and it shoots the same. Always amazes me how accurate that rifle is.
Originally Posted by jt402
I never had a 7600 and only one 760. It was in .223 and shot under an inch with most factory ammo. No telling what it would have done with a sweet trigger. That was in my gun of the week/month period and it went for something else interesting. How do you say d u m b ?

Jack

I saw one of these about 6 months ago in a very well known Pa gun shop and was surprised at the $2400.00 price tag on it. Didn't realize a 760 could be so valuable.
Nathan is about 2.5 hour's away from me. I brought him my 7600 .35 whelen rifle to turn into a carbine. He did a perfect job. Only extra's was he installed a oversize safety and he slicked up the trigger. At 1 point this year 3 people were shooting rem pumps to sight in for the coming season and all could not believe the trigger on mine compared to the one's on their rifle. 2 are supposed to send their trigger group's to nathan. I am going to have him do something to another rem pump but have not decided what.
I talked to Nathan yesterday - for you PA guys, he said he has a booth at the Harrisburg show in February.
Those Rem. pump guns are very popular in Pa.. The used gun racks were loaded with them.. I thought of picking one up several times.. As much as I love pump shotguns, I have never owned a Rem. pump rifle.. But since I doubt I do much more east coast deer hunting, I guess I will pass.. Nice to see someone who customizes these rifles...
I'll have the 35 Whelen with me at the Harrisburg show, if anyone would like to fondle her!! I should also have a rifle chambered in the new 26 Nosler too!! I�ll be in booth 720 in the main shooting hall.
Scott and Nathan,

Pretty cool!

I wonder, can one be built for a 358 Hoosier? 358 Win case shortened to 1.800"

Be a slick deer hunting rifle for IN...

Happy New Year guys!
I could totally dig one of those in 9.3x62. I think the guys in Zim who have to take out entire small herds of Elephants could really appreciate one like that as well.

My likey dis one though, a LOT.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Scott and Nathan,

Pretty cool!

Be a slick deer hunting rifle for IN...

Happy New Year guys!
That could be mucho fun! Plus, you wouldn't get as many stares for packing a 'rifle'!
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Scott and Nathan,

Pretty cool!

Marty,
Heck yes, 358 Hoosier can indeed be done.

Originally Posted by 7 STW
Make for a sweet 338-06 that platform.

My bro-in-law did one in 338-06. Good shooter. Don't remember all the details. Believe it was a re-barrel job only though. He loves these 760/7600s.
I could use a carbine length in 338 Federal..
Originally Posted by hbnac
I'll have the 35 Whelen with me at the Harrisburg show, if anyone would like to fondle her!! I should also have a rifle chambered in the new 26 Nosler too!! I�ll be in booth 720 in the main shooting hall.

Nathan, can you work the same magic on a 7400???
Oh come on he's human. grin
Nathan, is that rife in the OP coated or bead blasted?
Originally Posted by GeoW
I could use a carbine length in 338 Federal..

Like this...:)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Yes, just like it!

grin
© 24hourcampfire