Home
Was looking at the on line gun room at Cabela's. They have some 85's that put Cooper to shame. some of the nicest stocked rifles I have seen outside $10000 customs. Are most of the 85's this good or did Cabela just get lucky?
The ones I've seen in shops other than Cabela's have been just as nice, if not nicer.
Provide a link to the Sako 85's on the Cabelas site.

Thanks.
Seen some that have been pretty awesome but also plenty that were plain jane too
Originally Posted by Ste_vel

Thanks.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sako-Model-85-M-Finnbear-270-Win-New-Gun/1733248.uts?Ntk=GunLibrary&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D20%26Ntk%3DGunLibrary%26Ntt%3DSako%2B85%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-Gun%2BLibrary%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3DSako%2B85%26searchTypeByFilter%3DGunLibrary%26x%3D12%26y%3D9&Ntt=Sako+85

That's what I get when I try to copy a direct link. Just go Cabela's gun library and in the destination boxes at the top of the page select gun library on the left and type in Sako 85 in the box at the right. The nicest one is a 270 that's pending but there are several very nice ones.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Thanks.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sako...Library%26x%3D12%26y%3D9&Ntt=Sako+85

That's what I get when I try to copy a direct link. Just go Cabela's gun library and in the destination boxes at the top of the page select gun library on the left and type in Sako 85 in the box at the right. The nicest one is a 270 that's pending but there are several very nice ones.
Thanks for fixing it for me.
The wood looks too good to be true!

It has too much fancy figure.

The links above show what I saw at Cabelas.
The wood looks too good to be true!

It has too much fancy figure.

The links above show what I saw at Cabelas.

When I was at my local gun emporium (in Sweden) before Christmas, they had 6 Sako 85's and 5 of them had wood comparable to that.

Not only were they pretty, but the grain flow was really good too with only one .222 Rem falling short with pretty wood but a slightly weak pistol grip. This made me think that somebody deliberately selected that less-than-perfect example of grainflow for a rifle with next to zero recoil -- smart!

I don't know if Sako has made a decision to use such high quality wood, or if they simply made a large purchase of walnut and it happened to include a lot of gorgeous wood.

John

Hey John, send me a PM.

Terry
Love mine in 300 Win Mag. Very nice, almost "electric" wood:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very nice rifle jorgeI. Are the 85's living up to the Sako accuracy legacy?
Reminds me of the artificial grain flow of Opti-Wood on the Sabbati double rifles!

Have you seen that?
About a .66 shooter with my loads.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
About a .66 shooter with my loads.

Great accuracy, but your rifle is a 75 not an 85...;)
My last trip to the Beretta store in Dallas, left this old fart drooling!

They likely get the pick of the litter. Problem is they don't discount. Full boat retail or take a hike.

Jack
oops, you're right! smile

My 85 300 WSM will shoot an aggregate group of 2" @100 yards with 150 E-Tips, Accubonds, 165 Accubonds & 180 Accubonds.
Thanks for fixing it for me.

Those Cabela Sakos are nice!
[Linked Image]

Sako 85, Bavarian Carbine, 308 Winchester

[Linked Image]

and a "twofer" on its first outing.........

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
Very nice, as always, Geedubya!
[Linked Image]
This is my 85 Classic. There were several that had wood this good or better when I got mine 2 years ago. The now discontinued Hunter models had decent wood but not as good as the new Classics and Bavarians. The Bavarians are also hand checkered.
Would someone tell me again why I didn't buy one of these when I had the chance?
Originally Posted by RevMike
Would someone tell me again why I didn't buy one of these when I had the chance?

Obviously, someone should have stressed pastor appreciation month a bit more.
Originally Posted by RevMike

Obviously, someone should have stressed pastor appreciation month a bit more.

My wife just walked out saying, "I told ya'. I knew that would happen!" Smart-aleck wife.

Bet next pastor appreciation month won't be nearly as quiet!!
With the right motivation, you could wind up with a nice Swaro to go with the 85. God gives us richly all things to enjoy.

nice to see an improvement in the wood.....seems like the last ten years or so a 2x4 looked better than most stocks on the sakos
Originally Posted by gene270
nice to see an improvement in the wood.....seems like the last ten years or so a 2x4 looked better than most stocks on the sakos

ain't that the truth...........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
© 24hourcampfire