Home
Good Evening Everyone,

I picked up these stocks and was told they are both Brown Precision stocks. I picked them up for decent prices, so I was not too concerned. They both seem like very high quality stocks, but I wanted to see if you all could give some verification of the maker(s).

They are both gray in color and not checkered, but one stock has a lighter and smoother finish. The other has a darker and more textured finish.

One has a Brown Precision recoil pad, the other has an Uncle Mike's recoil pad.

They both weight right around 25-26 ounces.

If any other pictures would help identify the maker(s), please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance everyone!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx154/omararizpe/IMG_1487_zpsc5bcbb51.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx154/omararizpe/IMG_1488_zpsbea30ffb.jpg[/img]
They look like Brown's to me. Great stocks, light and very strong. Good score!!
The lower one looks like one of Bansner's to me.
Originally Posted by EdM
The lower one looks like one of Bansner's to me.

Kinda what I was thinking. Still a great stock!
Yup, good spot. Different comb.
MPI makes a stock that looks similar. But brown would be my guess
I am nearly certain both are Brown Precisions --- they are made up the road from me in CA and are great stocks. The older Brown I have has a Uncle Mike's pad on it.

jp
The bottom stock looks to have a longer grip, some drop in the comb (where Browns have negative drop), and a more rounded off forend tip. This says Hi-Tech to me.

Golden both are quality stocks that absorb recoil very well. Try them on different rifles to see which one feels best on which rifle. powdr
The top one definitely looks like a Brown to me. Does it have a slight palm swell? Looks exactly like one I had. Really liked the stock but I prefer a BDL and decided to let it go.
They both sure look like Browns to me.
I have a couple of older Brown Precision stocks that have Uncle Mikes recoil pads also.
If the lighter grey one has cast and cant then it is most likely a High Tech or Bansner. Not sure but I think the Brown's are straight, at least the LH ones with no cheek piece are.

Both are good stocks.
Thanks again for your comments everyone. My first impression was that they were both Brown's, but its nice to hear some confirmations.
© 24hourcampfire