Home
Posted By: turkish Tikka T3 Lite vs Hunter - 07/22/14
Are these guns the same other than their stocks? Tikka's website describes both as having light contour bbls, but the Hunter is 10ozs heavier, I recall. A previous post here documented equal weights for the stocks, which is confusing.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Tikka T3 Lite vs Hunter - 07/23/14
I've had both. Neither currently. Same rifle, different stocks. I actually experimented with swapping them. The wood stock was quite a bit heavier although I don't recall exactly how much. 10 oz would be possible, certainly no more and maybe less.

Synthetic stocks are pretty consistent. Each of the same manufacture will be exactly the same. Two different wood stocks from identical rifles could be several oz. different.
Posted By: turkish Re: Tikka T3 Lite vs Hunter - 07/23/14
Thanks! Makes sense.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Tikka T3 Lite vs Hunter - 07/23/14
I've had multiples of both. In my experience, the wood and synthetic stocks have been within an ounce or two of each other, 28 - 30 oz.
Posted By: aboltfan Re: Tikka T3 Lite vs Hunter - 07/25/14
I had previously posted the weights of my Hunter and SS Lite stocks. Both weighed 28 oz. I weighed the B&C stock at 34 oz. This is obviously a sample of one. There can be several ounces difference in stock weights from gun to gun.

I can tell no difference between the Hunter and SS Lite barreled actions.
Posted By: turkish Re: Tikka T3 Lite vs Hunter - 07/26/14
Thanks, abolt. The whole reason for asking is that I'm trying to get an idea of the weight savings of swapping the walnut for an Edge.
© 24hourcampfire