Home
Posted By: pigster Sauer 101 - 08/01/14
It has been out on the market for about a year. Any first hand experience? It would fill the need for a fancy beater - the synthetic one.
Posted By: Jwood1284 Re: Sauer 101 - 08/03/14
There's not too much hands-on info about this rifle on the web, other than your typical gunwriter review. Check out this thread over in the Europe forum:
2014 season pic thread

This is user Hamburg81. Maybe we can get him to chime in and tell us about his gun!
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Sauer 101 - 08/03/14
The Sauer 101 seems somewhat like the Mauser 12. Another push feed with only a trigger safety.

Article

[Linked Image]

Barrel Attachment Technology
Sauer boasts that the barrel is heat-pressed into the receiver, with the bolt locking up directly into the barrel. That may sound good, but in reality, this engineering solution makes it extremely difficult to fit a new after-market barrel to the gun.

$1695 USD.
Posted By: pigster Re: Sauer 101 - 08/03/14
I did go through a bunch of reviews this weekend. Most are positive, few negative. One fellow did not like the safety positioned high on the bolt. He claims you have to break your grip on the tang to activate it?
Posted By: Jwood1284 Re: Sauer 101 - 08/03/14
Personally, I like everything about it from the pics and info I've found on the internet. There are several informative YouTube reviews, by Europeans and New Zealanders nonetheless. I think it'd be a great gun to buy and leave alone; especially this one, perfect truck gun:

Sauer 101 Forest XT

Talleys, Minox ZA-5 (keeping with the German theme), Montana sling and you'd be good to go!
Posted By: DaSakoMan Re: Sauer 101 - 08/03/14
How would you replace a worn out / damaged barrel??????

The only minus about the rifle.

Gus
Posted By: Jwood1284 Re: Sauer 101 - 08/04/14
I guess you'd have to send it back to Sauer. I'll never wear out a barrel in my lifetime, but there's plenty of people who do. Dropping and bending the barrel is another thing, back to Sauer it goes. Maybe they've set up a service center in the states?
© 24hourcampfire