Home
I just bought a NIB Tikka T3 SS in 243 cal. Sliding the dollar bill along the bore it stops at about 2/3 way down. Is it supposed to be free floated all the way to the receiver? The reason I don't take the stock off because I don't have a torque wrench to set it back to factory specs. I have not shot the rifle yet, so I have no idea about it's accuracy. What would be the best course of action? Shoot it first and investigate or the other way around?
Shoot it first. If it shoots anything like either of mine, you probably won't want to mess with it.
A buddy and I both bought superlites in 22-250. Tried 12 different factory loads more than once. Several sub MOA groups but nothing sub 1/2 MOA. Free floated my barrel, and more of them tightened up, but 40gr Vmax shot 2 groups at or under 1/4 MOA. I would try several brands, and if you get acceptable results, leave the pressure points. If you're not satisfied, grind them off and try the ammo again
A buddy and I both bought superlites in 22-250. Tried 12 different factory loads more than once. Several sub MOA groups but nothing sub 1/2 MOA. Free floated my barrel, and more of them tightened up, but 40gr Vmax shot 2 groups at or under 1/4 MOA. I would try several brands, and if you get acceptable results, leave the pressure points. If you're not satisfied, grind them off and try the ammo again
© 24hourcampfire