Home
Posted By: TATELAW Good deal at Wally World - 11/25/14
Was at my local Wal-Mart today looking for a 243. My cousin called me about getting one for her son for Christmas this year so I figured I'd check things out while I was there. Was looking for a Ruger American or Marlin XS7 but they didn't have any. However they did have a Rem 700 SPS packaged with a cheap scope for $377. Then the sales guy told me that Friday all guns will be an extra 20% off bringing the price down to about $302.

Called my cousin and she is going to go pick it up as she's always one of those day after Thanksgiving shoppers. I may get one myself if they have any more.

Just thought I would pass on the info.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/25/14
Some second cousin is gonna be a happy camper! That's a great deal even without the scope. Way to go Cuz!
I wouldn't go to Wally World on Black Friday if they were on sale for $249.
Posted By: TATELAW Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/25/14
Wal-Mart is a bad place to be on Black Friday. I'll call first to see if they have any more at that price before I go out there. Once she gets the rifle in hand, I'll be looking for a youth stock for it, if anyone has one lying around. He's still a little small, but they can put the full size stock up and use it in a few years.
Posted By: dave284 Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/25/14
My nephew managed to get one of the camo stocked 243 700's they had for under $300.00 a month or so back. I've got him talked out of it but haven't seen him to get it. I should have it turkey day. grin

Dave.
Posted By: jsj127 Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/25/14
Remington has a $35 rebate on the ADL on their website.
Posted By: jsj127 Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/25/14
$40 on the SPS.
I am rifle poor at moment but know my local Wally Whirled folks pretty well. Need to check what they got in right now and if they'll tag one for me and hold til Friday...
Is that a CTR? ^
Posted By: rost495 Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/25/14
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Actually I've never been anywhere on black friday( how do we get away with calling it that.....) except a deer blind that I can recall.

My wife may have been a few times, but didn't like the crowds... she is now at the deer lease with me on those stupid days....

OTOH I could be talked into going into one for a gun, just that and walk out again... but if its first come... forget it.
Posted By: Dooger Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/26/14
You can put it on layaway now for 10% and then get the sale price all weekend. Just an FYI.
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Actually I've never been anywhere on black friday( how do we get away with calling it that.....) except a deer blind that I can recall.

^^^This^^^

Yep. I'll be spending Black Friday same place as I always do. In a deer blind at the Ranch. Same place I've spent the day after Thanksgiving all of my life.

And I'd rather pay extra for anything than go buy it from Wallmart. I'd much prefer to keep my LGS in business.
Originally Posted by Dooger
You can put it on layaway now for 10% and then get the sale price all weekend. Just an FYI.

Was gonna say the same thing... except my local store has to have 50% down. I got a great deal on my son an 1187 20ga full camo for under $500 out the door at wally world about 6 weeks ago.
He's gonna be real happy on Christmas
Not a bad idea for a donor
Originally Posted by Dooger

Tried that at my local store - manager (I guess, he had a walkie-talkie) wouldn't go for it.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Is that a CTR? ^

Yeah, why I'm rifle poor right now.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/28/14
I like gun shopping in January. Deer season is over and everyone is trying to sell sheit to pay some of their Christmas bills.
Posted By: Royce Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/28/14
I try not to buy anything at Wal-Mart no matter how low the prices are. The local gun store seems to pay a living wage ( little turnover of help) and I don't have to put up with a gaggle of snaggle toothed meth heads on both sides of the counter. I also like the fact that a greater portion of my money stays in the community.
Posted By: TATELAW Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/28/14
Well she got him the rifle, and since they had 2, she picked up the other one for me. grin

Already had a fellow member here contact me about a shortened ADL stock he has with Limbsaver. 12.5 LOP should be about right. After he uses it for a couple of years, maybe my nephew will need it, then got a niece coming up behind.

Been checking out some of Seafire's posts. Think I'm gonna get some IMR 4198 to go with my Sierra 85s for some good reduced loads.

I've got a Swift Premier 3.5-10x44 lying around that I'm not using that should be a pretty good step up from the Rem branded thing that came on it. I think cousin should be happy by Christmas!!
Tate, you were tight on the money. 301.60+ tax when I stopped for dog food on the way home from deer hunting they still had a 30-06 and a 270 at that price. The 243's were gone earlier in the day. I handled the 270 but it made me nervous and I kept swiveling my head, the clerk asked what's wrong? and I told him I was making sure no one was fixing to poke me in the ass. He didn't get it but I don't suppose too many Walltworld clerks read the 24 hr campfire either.Don't need any donors but one in 243 would have got a max dose of 105 A-MAX's run thru it for sure. Magnum Man
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/29/14
I blame you guys for making me aware of this deal and taking home a 243 today. I went to Walmart to check on a tablet for our 2 year old son and kill some time until my vets office opened. I looked at the gun counter and the sales guys said all their guns are 20% off this weekend so I asked to see the package 700 they had for $377. After fondling it I asked if they had a 243 in storage and he said they did. My sons are 2 and the other just born Monday so while they won't be able to use it for a few years it will be a rifle that they can use as long as they wish.

Total price was $322 out the door and Remington has a $35 rebate on all ADL models til the end of the year. At under $300 total it's hard to find fault with this deal.
Be glad you only bought one. Some of us did not have that kind of restraint... grin

Dink
Posted By: Dooger Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/29/14
[Linked Image]

They said I could layaway too. May just go buy it for my up and coming young girls.

All black ADL.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/30/14
I may have spoken too soon. I was unaware of the recall on the X Mark Pro triggers but when I put my serial number into the Remington database it said mine may be affected. I had no intentions of replacing this trigger with a Timney but it seems that is what most are doing.

I adjusted mine lighter today and it passed the drop and slam test. I really don't want to send it in and have them sit on it for months. I thought the X Mark was supposed to be an "improvement" over the Walker trigger
If It has a punch mark on the bolt release It's already had the recall done. All the ones I bought have the punch mark.

Dink
Posted By: dave284 Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/30/14
I got the $300.00 Camo stocked ADL from my nephew on Thanksgiving. Ain't no wonder he let me "talk" him out of it. He managed to snag one at another store for the 20% off price. Throw in the $35.00 rebate, he got a heck of a deal. Wonder if I can talk him out of it too?

Dave.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/30/14
Originally Posted by DINK
If It has a punch mark on the bolt release It's already had the recall done. All the ones I bought have the punch mark.

Dink

Good call there. Just checked and mine has the punch mark so I'm good to go.
Posted By: PastorDan Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/30/14
Our Walmart had no problem with layaway and the sale. You just had to come in and do the paperwork and pay it off during the sale (which ends today). We have a 700 BDL that is $477 after the 20% discount.
Posted By: Dooger Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/30/14
UNCC,

I may be wrong, but I doubt that rifle would fall under the recall. I'd call Remington.

Like I said, I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that if Walmart would have had rifles that fell under the recall, they would have been notified and sent back. Plus, that recall is now going on a year old. See when your gun was made.
Posted By: Dooger Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/30/14
Just checked the 223 I bought. It's got a dot punched into the bolt release.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/30/14
I may have to buy one as a donor. Been wanting to build a fast twist 223 after my 260
Posted By: ingwe Re: Good deal at Wally World - 11/30/14
SW had a similar deal and I picked up a .223...price was a tad higher, but I didn't have to go to Wally world, and one of the guys behind the counter screwed up on the form, so I was called back in for a re-do...and given a $30 gift cert. for my trouble...thus eliminating the difference between SW and WMT prices grin

Hauling it to the smith monday.... grin
I hate you guys wink
Went to cabelas and had them price match walmart. That way I could use my points.
I said I was done building for a while but the wife needs a 7mm08 of her own since my rifles don't fit her well and caused her to miss a good buck this season.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Good deal at Wally World - 12/01/14
I wish I woul dhave known this sale. Swearing I'd never buy another Remington, for $266 with the rebate, I think I would have bought one.
Originally Posted by ingwe
SW had a similar deal and I picked up a .223...price was a tad higher, but I didn't have to go to Wally world, and one of the guys behind the counter screwed up on the form, so I was called back in for a re-do...and given a $30 gift cert. for my trouble...thus eliminating the difference between SW and WMT prices grin

And THAT would beat the hell outta going to Wallyword any ole day of the week. Our Wallmart is so overrun with wet back Meskins that the whole damn store smells like a bad burrito.
Posted By: Dooger Re: Good deal at Wally World - 12/01/14
BTW, use the rebate for the "SPS" for $40. Yes, technically they are ADL's, but the model is "SPS".

I doubt that will work because when you fill out the rebate you have to enter the UPC code to get going.
Posted By: Dooger Re: Good deal at Wally World - 12/01/14
Read your box. Mines an SPS.
Here's mine - seems to be an ADL and I think the UPC code on the online rebate form filled that designation in.

Attached picture IMG_1710 (1).JPG
Posted By: Dooger Re: Good deal at Wally World - 12/02/14
Hmmmm...

Mine is a blind box mag though...and the serial number on the box matches the gun.

Mine has a 4-12 scope too, not 3-9. It's a POS though, obviously.
Yep. Scope will be offered free to a good home here on the 'fire.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Good deal at Wally World - 12/02/14
Anyone shot one of these yet? I'm not set up yet to reload for the 243 that I got so I'll just shoot up a few boxes of 100 gr Corelokts for the brass. Do I need to be prepared to free float the barrel to get rid of the pressure points?
© 24hourcampfire