Home
Posted By: Peator A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
This interarms MK X has been sitting in a LGS for years. At $200 OTD I finally saw the light. The scope is a Japanese Bushnell banner 2.5x, also a pawn shop score. The beech stock needed some bedding and is replaceable. Still I think for $225 it's hard to beat. Venerable 30-06, adjustable trigger, nice bottom metal. It's not been shot much. Minute of deer on a gun like this isn't usually not too elusive.

If your can top it for gun for the money, I would be interested in seeing how.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Poconojack Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
Good deal....
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
Good deal. How long is the barrel on that unit?
Posted By: TATELAW Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
Not sure I did quite as good as you, but here's my latest find. Marlin XS7 in 7-08, Nikon Team Primos(Monarch UCC) 3-9x40, and 17 cartridges out of a box Winchester Supreme 140gr ammo. $325 My first Marlin. Hope it shoots as well as most others that I've heard about.

[Linked Image]

Please provide the address and directions to that LGS!

They are the only one in the country that apparently doesn't know the value of their inventory!

laugh laugh

I wouldn't sell mine for that even if it was a .30-06 laugh

Mike
Posted By: Shodd Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
I've owned 3 of the interarms Mark Xs and they all printed under an inch.

Shod

Posted By: bcraig Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
$200.00 out the door ?
Oh hell yea !!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
It wouldn't have been sitting around here for that long!

Great snag.
Around here for $200 it would never have been put on the shelf!!

Mike
Posted By: DryRun Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
Good deal and cool Mauser.
Posted By: Peator Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Not sure I did quite as good as you, but here's my latest find. Marlin XS7 in 7-08, Nikon Team Primos(Monarch UCC) 3-9x40, and 17 cartridges out of a box Winchester Supreme 140gr ammo. $325 My first Marlin. Hope it shoots as well as most others that I've heard about.

[Linked Image]

7-08, nice, I have got to try that round!
Posted By: bcraig Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
Originally Posted by TATELAW

[Linked Image]

Another great deal !
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
I bought a new Marlin XS7 in 243 for $265 yesterday. Couldn't leave the store without it at that price.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/23/15
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I bought a new Marlin XS7 in 243 for $265 yesterday. Couldn't leave the store without it at that price.

Picked mine in SS up for $307. Stuck an on-sale Natchez Weaver V9 and ended up with a pretty nice loaner/truck gun for ~$400 that shoots 85 XBTs under an inch. Hard to beat
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/24/15
I find it hard to believe that a gun store sold a good rifle for $200. They simply aren't that stupid and uninformed.
Posted By: Peator Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/24/15
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I find it hard to believe that a gun store sold a good rifle for $200. They simply aren't that stupid and uninformed.

I can't quite tell if your serious, but it happened. It wasn't due to the pawn shops inadequacies, more the customers. The gun was originally marked at $399. It sat for years. He kept dropping the price. It's been at $200 for a long while. Just kind of plain jane, but I think it has the potential to be a real work horse.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/24/15
Whereabouts is this pawn shop Peator?
Posted By: TeleCaster Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/25/15
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Oh, they can be that stupid and uninformed.

About four years ago, maybe five now, I went to a gun show in my smallish eastern Oklahoma home town. A pawnbroker from another town had a table there. On that table, he had a Savage Model 10 Sierra in .243 Winchester.

I asked him what was wrong with it that cause him to sell it so cheap.

His reply? "You can go up the road to Walmart and buy a brand new Model 10 for just a hundred bucks more."

Yeah. You can buy a rifle with "Model 10" stamped on the barrel. But you can't buy the Model 10 Sierra with its 20" barrel and Kevlar stock at Walmart.

"Look, I'll make you deal," the pawnbroker said. "Two-hundred bucks, out the door."

I bought it, but with the notion of "flipping it" at some point. I made the mistake of slapping a Leupold on it and shooting it first. It was, at the time, the most accurate sporter-style bolt action I had ever shot. I kept it a couple of years. I sold it for $450.00

Better than free, that was. smile

Posted By: Peator Re: A great cheap gun! - 04/25/15
Originally Posted by Lockhart
Whereabouts is this pawn shop Peator?

Outskirts of Marshill, NC, Indian Head Trading post, ask for Dwayne.
© 24hourcampfire