Home
Stopped by Cabelas to see if they had any. Sales guy said they sold zero and sent them all. No explanation why. Anyone know why? Called Sportsmen Warehouse, they said they didn't have any.

-HaYen
If they don't sell, why keep them on hand? Cabela's may have decided that they weren't selling enough of them.

There's also the rumor that Bass Pro is trying to buy Cabela's, they may be having short-term money problems and keeping the Mossbergs was a poor choice.

They all buy with short-term loans from lending establishments, and if they send them back, they don't have to pay for them. At least, that's how the shop I worked for did things.

There could be other reasons, but that's a couple that come to mind.
Because they say "mossburg"
That's what I was thinking.
Doesn't that tell you something ??
Bass pro is buying the cabelas in Billings MT
was made official in beginning of November
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
Bass pro is buying the cabelas in Billings MT
was made official in beginning of November

Bass Pro is trying to buy Cabelas, but it has not happened yet and it would be the entire company.
Ok thanks for the correction.
HaYen - boy that was a strange event. 2 keystrokes and my incomplete post was sent? My thoughts are that, due to Mossberg being noted for shotguns, it'll take a while for this rifle line to catch on. As mentioned having unsold inventory on hand limits Cabelas financial options. Most articles in the industry press are favorable w/o any serious quality issues noted. One writer say he'd prefer checkering to stippling etc. Homesteader
I just called Mossberg and asked them ... I mean why not right? Gal that answered said they did a recall because of an issue with the stock. The issue has been fixed for all calibers except the 375 Ruger. I appreciate their honesty.

BPS buying Cabelas is news to me and financing inventory is about 90% of how businesses work today.

Thanks for the info folks. Have a great Thanksgiving.

HaYen
Hope that purchase doesn't go through! It would be a drag to see Cabelas turned into Junior Doper Non-Pro Shop.
Academy has them listed for a Black Friday sale. I also looked at them at a local gun shop. There are some on the shelves. After looking them over, I suspect they will stay on the shelves. I don't know how they work but the machining is rougher than a cob
Originally Posted by Mauser12
Academy has them listed for a Black Friday sale. I also looked at them at a local gun shop. There are some on the shelves. After looking them over, I suspect they will stay on the shelves. I don't know how they work but the machining is rougher than a cob

Wow interesting. Thanks Mauser

HaYen
I am well pleased with my new Mossberg Patriot in 7mm-08. Everything was tight and fit properly Trigger is extremely easy to adjust. Bolt is smooth. It feels like a heavier Winchester 70 from years past. No the craft work is not the same but the results are good. Obviously there is tremendous price difference. This is not a rifle to be judged by prejudices.
Didn't this action have some issues coming apart about 3 or 4 years ago? Mostly in the 30-06. It was called something else back then but the results were the same. My guess is the reputation has stuck around.

kwg
© 24hourcampfire