Home
Posted By: IMR4350 BERGARA Rifles - 02/25/16
Does anybody own one of these? If you do what is your opinion of it?
The American Rifleman just did an article on these and the BERGARA company. The rifles are based on the Rem 700 design and can accept some Remington parts and accessories.
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: BERGARA Rifles - 02/25/16
I have one. A Hunter in 6.5CM.

I like everything about it. Top notch design and execution.

But I haven't shot it yet, so can't fully endorse them.
Posted By: WranglerJohn Re: BERGARA Rifles - 02/26/16
I don't have a complete rifle, but I ordered a prefit Bergara barrel about 5 years ago to test a Remington 700 action I had partially blue printed, while I waited the 6 or 7 months for a custom Pac-Nor barrel. The Bergara barrel came with a smooth barrel nut, was a stainless steel, 24" varmint contour, 1:12" twist chambered for .22-250 Remington, if I recall it cost around $300.

Tried a few test loads with the following two doing fairly well. Ten shots @ 100 yards. The red diamonds are .5" square. Used Berger bullets as I knew the 1:12" twist wouldn't stabilize the 50 grain Barnes Varmint Grenade. Not bad performance for a screw-on prefit factory barrel that is installed with a plumber's strap wrench. If the barrel was broken-in a bit more and the loads refined - who knows? At least the barrels should be good.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Seafire Re: BERGARA Rifles - 02/26/16
one of the Campfire members in Arizona had one...

Milo's was in 6.5 Creedmoor...

nicely built rifle... he was working up accuracy with some factory fodder.....seem to be yielding great results
Posted By: IMR4350 Re: BERGARA Rifles - 02/26/16
Thanks everybody. I have heard good things about the gun barrels they make so I'm not surprised that their rifles are good too.
Posted By: fats Re: BERGARA Rifles - 02/26/16
I'm picking up my Timber .308 this afternoon.
Posted By: devnull Re: BERGARA Rifles - 02/26/16
There's a good article on Bergara in the American Rifleman magazine. This guy is running their custom shop and seems to know a thing or two about building a rifle:

http://www.bergarausa.com/Dan-Hanus.php
Posted By: WiFowler Re: BERGARA Rifles - 02/27/16
FWIW, Bergara is offering at least a couple rifles that are not on their web site or in the catalog.

First is the Bergara Precision Rifle, based on the B-14 barreled action. Basically a B-14 in a XLR-like chassis. Not sure if the stock folds.

The second is the Bergara Hunter Match Rifle. Again based on the B-14 action, but stocked with an A5-like stock with adjustable comb and butt hook.

Both will initially be available in 6.5CM and 308 Win. Orders can be placed now, with delivery expected in mid-summer.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: BERGARA Rifles - 05/16/16
Originally Posted by WiFowler
FWIW, Bergara is offering at least a couple rifles that are not on their web site or in the catalog.

First is the Bergara Precision Rifle, based on the B-16 barreled action. Basically a B-14 in a XLR-like chassis. Not sure if the stock folds.

The second is the Bergara Hunter Match Rifle. Again based on the B-14 action, but stocked with an A5-like stock with adjustable comb and butt hook.

Both will initially be available in 6.5CM and 308 Win. Orders can be placed now, with delivery expected in mid-summer.

Correction. The Bergara Precision Rifle (BPR) is based on the B-16 action.

Had the opportunity last week to assault some prairie dogs using the BPR17 in 22-250. Very accurate. Did notice that the BPRs we were shooting using the factory included magazine did have a minor feed/ejection issue. However, those we shot that had AICS magazines ran flawlessly. If there were any issues dispatching the PDs, it was with the shooter, not the weapon.
Posted By: wensteph Re: BERGARA Rifles - 05/16/16
I have a B14 Timber in 270. I zeroed this morning and posted in the B14 feedback thread. Good rifle.
Posted By: IMR4350 Re: BERGARA Rifles - 05/17/16
Does it have a one piece bolt?
Posted By: Gtscotty Re: BERGARA Rifles - 05/18/16
I was wondering the same thing, and inspected the handle-bolt joint pretty closely. It didn't look one piece to me, i would bet that they are brazed.
Posted By: birdwacker Re: BERGARA Rifles - 05/18/16
I have a B14 synthetic in 6.5 Creedmoor that so far is a 1/2 moa gun with the Hornady 143gr ELD-X.
© 24hourcampfire