Home
Day after I ordered a 2016 Montana .308 it was at my LGS thanks to Darrik, Eric and Ben at Whittaker Guns. Great guys!

In my shiftless way, I failed to order Talleys or a skinny Pic rail for it! But should have one or t'other in soon.

Can anybody recommend a LW Pic they've used on a Montana? Would like to be able to plop a Micro on it quick for certain uses.

My real first joy was going to be posting pics of it with SiCo Harvester on it to make the haters howl. grin

Sadly the Kimber site didn't say the thread pitch of the thread and ASSumed they'd be either 1/2-28 or 5/8-24.

Nope, 7/16-28! So now need to order another threadmount, rings & pray I get it ready to go by next weekend.

Meanwhile, My Precious Ring:
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Congrats hope it's s shooter!
I am curious to hear how the barrel supports a can (titanium?). Is the POI shift bad?
Sweet, thank goodness for the haters!
I am selling Talley mediums in the classifieds if that is what you are looking for.
A Harvester? As in International? Well I suppose you can combine with it when you aren't shooting it.
Congrats on pledge week!

Classic! My chapter is more like the Deltas, with lots of guns.

Planning on 6x36 Leupold w LRD. Kinda leaning light picatinny so I can switch to Micro for the swamp.

Project Death Wand is sposed to be a do everything game gun, so also need a light flashider for truck gun duty.
Originally Posted by whitebread
I am curious to hear how the barrel supports a can (titanium?). Is the POI shift bad?

I have a SAS Reaper on my 6.5 Creedmore Adirondak and the shift is about 2 inches. The lockup with the Kimber adaptor is very solid. I can't see much of reason to shoot the gun without the can on it. I haven't shot it enough to try some different loadings, but I think it shouldn't have any issues being a 1 moa rifle with the can on it.
Two inches low?
Thanks to Whitebread I got some Talley Lows and popped a 'fire bought FX-II 6x36 on the the Kimber .308 Hushpuppy. Still learning how to shoot an Uber-Lite rifle but this group gives me hope. grin

Tomorrow I put the Harvester on it and see if that puts this plebeian factory load into sub-minute territory:

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Adjust the trigger yet? Light rifle >> light trigger IMHO. The screws are in the same location as older Rem700 triggers.
Have touched nothing yet. Trying to get my software dialed in. Suppressor is first tweak. Can't shoot till tomorrow.
I'm gonna eat a little crow here, but now I actually prefer the Montana with threads. I've been messing with cans the last couple of days and now I see no reason not to use one.
I really enjoy hunting with mine, Darrik

Does anybody make a 7/16-28 to 5/8-24 adapter besides Kimber? Hate to pay $49 for one and don't wanna use their brake.

But can find no one who makes a Kimber thread flash-hider to keep muzzle safe from floorboards.

Luckily SiCo had their Harvester thread mounts on sale last week and they make 7/16-28.
The infamous electric tape over the bore keeps floorboard rocks and grime out of the bore.

Blue tape only, of course.
Yup. I get some nasty rocks in my floorboard and prefer a little standoff device if my rifle is threaded.

Amazon has some thread adapters.

Also, google it.
DW,

Yeah...did those things before posting query.

You do it, and if you can find one besides Kimber's let me know.
What's with the line through the zeros?

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
What's with the line through the zeros?

P

I assume its like crossing a 7.
I cross my zeros too. Keeps me from thinking that they're "O"s instead of "0"s in sentences that have both.
I believe Jon Addis with Area 419 firearms makes a 7/16 to 5/8 adapter. I'm working with him on an adapter for a 1/32x28 since I have a TBAC Compact Brake.
Thank you Kimber7man.

I slash the zeroes because I'm an Air Force veteran and that's what we were told to do in Hewes Hall at Keesler AFB in 1977.

Too heat stroked to post pics but I guesstimated how much my 11.8 oz. suppressor/thread mount would shift and put all three in 1.65-in. Surrounding center of 3-in. Target Dot an hour ago at my country range.

I also changed the way I held the rifle which made two variables...not cool.

Convinced I gotta become more consistent in my light rifle technique before I start really looking at tweaks to gun.

If I can figure out how to get a YouTube account and upload a video of me popping steel at about 150 w the Montenny Hushpuppy I'll put it up tommorow. grin

© 24hourcampfire