Home
I have been toying with the idea of giving one of these new style MK V UL's a try, Weatherby says they slimmed down the stock put in a new trigger and guarantee 3 shot MOA...I love the feel of the old style MK V Ultralight and actually tried 3 times to get a shooter but only experienced so-so accuracy in the 2-2.5" 3 shot group range....Anybody got one of the new for 2016 style ultralights and care to share their thoughts?......Thanks Hb
I don't have a new one.

I do have an old Wby UL in 280 Remington. I too tried three before latching onto this one. It is super accurate with nearly anything you feed it. It came with the factory target that assured me I had a winner.

Don't know what your cartridge choice is. But, looks like they have dropped the 280 Remington.
A friend has an UL in 240 WBY that I have used a few times and absolutely enjoy it. Very handy and accurate.
If they put the 257 on a 6 lug action I'd buy one today.
Originally Posted by kman
If they put the 257 on a 6 lug action I'd buy one today.

Imagine how many they would sell if they did.
Isn't the six lug reduced in diameter below the usual belted cartridge head size?
Yep, that is why you see a 240 and not the 257wb.
I would buy a .300 Win......All My rifles are chambered in .300 Win except for My Henry 45-70 (Ohio rifle)...........Hb
I've owned a few of the old ones including one referenced above(should have never sold) and all shot sub moa including a 338-06, two 280's, a 270 and a friend's 280. The only one that grouped 1-2" was a 300 win mag that a friend owns but he shot only factory ammo and did not experiment much with different loads.

They are handy and well balanced. So the write up on the 2016 model and would be interested in picking one up.
I handled an '06 back when they were new and was very impressed by the feel and overall quality, even though the stock profile gave me the vapors (I've since relaxed a bit). It was, I believe, a blued action with a fluted SS barrel, and was about a grand; yet another missed opportunity.
To Me nothing shoulders better than a Mark V Ultralight, thats why I tried so many times to find one that would shoot but at $1350.00 a pop (at the time, this was a few years back) I gave up after 3 tries....The new models with slimmer profile stock would have outstanding feel im sure and the 3 shot MOA guarantee tempts me to try just 1 more tiime.....Ha!
© 24hourcampfire