Home
Posted By: dtspoke Nosler Rifles - 09/11/16
I'm sure I'll get excoriated for starting a new thread, but I'm having a hard time with the search function.

Is there a consensus on this forum regarding their rifles? Looking at a 48, but would love some insight.
Posted By: Llama_Bob Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/11/16
I don't own one and have no opinion of them as rifles. But I haven't been able to get excited about them from a features and price perspective. A nearly $2K push feed doesn't really do it for me. Maybe if there was a somewhat uncommon caliber that they happened to have it would be an option instead of doing a custom.

I guess I just don't "get it".
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/11/16
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I don't own one and have no opinion of them as rifles. But I haven't been able to get excited about them from a features and price perspective. A nearly $2K push feed doesn't really do it for me. Maybe if there was a somewhat uncommon caliber that they happened to have it would be an option instead of doing a custom.

I guess I just don't "get it".

They don't do it for me either..
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/11/16
Held several at SHOT and found fit and finish almost up to laughable. Embarrassed the booth worker being direct and pointing out the obvious while he suggested they had to "rush" them for SHOT...

I have seen several since and have not seen an improvement.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/11/16
They are accurate and bomb proof. I have two and both have performed above expectations. I have in in 26 Nosler that I used on a goat last year. It dumped him at 300 yards. Several good guides use them.(Big Game Backcountry Guides- Riley Pitts and Pete Mayall) They are a little heavy and I get a new sheep/goat rifle each year so I move on.
Posted By: QuQ Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
here you go : https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/11376700/Nosler_48_Rifles#Post11376700
Posted By: dtspoke Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16

Thanks for the responses and the link. Helpful
Posted By: EdM Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Held several at SHOT and found fit and finish almost up to laughable. Embarrassed the booth worker being direct and pointing out the obvious while he suggested they had to "rush" them for SHOT...

Interesting to read. Seems some here think they are as good as it gets. Maybe hit or miss?
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
I wouldn't say mine was "as good as it gets" but it was a helluva value at the $1400 I paid for it. Shot lights out too. Lot's to like IMO.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
Originally Posted by EdM

Interesting to read. Seems some here think they are as good as it gets. Maybe hit or miss?

Some see a Savage and get all worked up, too...
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
Rifles are just tools to me, nothing more. As long as they reliably feed, have a good trigger, and put the bullet where I'm aiming I'm easy to please.

Every Savage I've shot was very accurate.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
Great rifles and very accurate with pacnor tubes. 1500 dollars

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/584047829
Posted By: JimR Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
I only have one Nosler, the Heritage (wood stock) model. I've had 7-8 Coopers. The Nosler fits me better and is as accurate as my Coopers. I like not having a magazine, the Nosler has a floor plate. My next rifle will likely be another Nosler.
Posted By: Judman Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
Originally Posted by EdM

Sitka stupid idiot, do you really know how stupid you sound????

Very stupid you dumb idiot...

You stupid Alaskans have simply ruined most folks thinkin your the Schitt.... I simply invite you to "hunt" with a rifle in as many locales, weather changes, horses, quads and airplanes as I do yearly.......

Post pics of your imagination and pretend princess....
Posted By: 79S Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by EdM

Sitka stupid idiot, do you really know how stupid you sound????

Very stupid you dumb idiot...

You stupid Alaskans have simply ruined most folks thinkin your the Schitt.... I simply invite you to "hunt" with a rifle in as many locales, weather changes, horses, quads and airplanes as I do yearly.......

Post pics of your imagination and pretend princess....

Oh boy... And here we go.......
Posted By: Judman Re: Nosler Rifles - 09/12/16
Art has the uncanny ability of being a idiot. It's not her fault, she's a " tough" Alaskan "....
© 24hourcampfire