Home
Looking at a pretty nice condition JC Higgins 51L in 270, has the Husqvarna Mauser action and alloy bottom metal. Any reason not to buy it at $325? Has the factory stock with a recoil pad fitted and some finish missing but the metal looks great.
That's a buy. Can't get a cheap, plastic stock setup today for that.
I've got a few of the JC Higgins Model 50's with the FN Mauser action, both factory and custom-barreled, and have really enjoyed them. Never owned one of the Husky M51L's, though.
Jump on it. I have an '06 and wish I had a 270.
You're showing off. Go buy it.
I'd be showing off if I mentioned it comes with a Timney trigger installed whistle
No good reason not to buy it and a whole bunch of good reasons to buy it.
Any problems with floorplate retention? The inside-the-bow release looked relatively robust but in a light-ish rifle I wonder about recoil battering over time.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You're showing off. Go buy it.

🤓
Cool to have Sears and Roebuck stamped on the side.
Originally Posted by 16bore
Cool to have Sears and Roebuck stamped on the side.

Ohhellyes.
I have a great weakness for them. Both the FN and Husqvarna/High Standard versions.
I had a 30-06 and it was a nice rifle. I sold it here on the fire. Be aware however that there are not a lot of drop in stocks around for it so you might end up with some bucks involved in getting it stocked. You might want to research that a bit before you jump. Having said that they are really nice little rifles.
© 24hourcampfire